Folks get ready, City Navigator 2014.10 North America

 

Has been uploaded onto their servers meaning it should be released for download within the next 2 weeks or so.

http://download.garmin.com/RMU/_download_manifests/NA/2014_1...

Cheers smile

Garmin Map Updater PC:
http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe

Garmin Map Updater Mac:
http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.dmg

See also

--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk
1 ... 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 ... 13
<<Page 7>>

Tick Tick Tick

Tick Tick Tick
Tick Tick Tick

--
1490LMT 1450LMT 295w

It Must Be Summer....

.... the ticks are out in force!

--
The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe(')

.

LavaTech wrote:

.... the ticks are out in force!

Do you mean the bugs or the kids? shock

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

Delay

Garmin had two major fiascos with 2013.40, so the delay in releasing 2014.10 does not surprise me. The first mess was with Garmin Express. Not only was this map update method riddled with inconsistant and unreliable results, but there was also strong negative user reaction to the program's lack of support for installing the map to the computer. In the Garmin software support forum, it was stated that this would be fixed in Garmin Express before the next map release. We have yet to see that fix.

The second mess was the 2013.40 CN Europe release which was quickly pulled, then re-released a few weeks later as 2013.41. I can imagine that this caused the cartography folks at Garmin to put their effort into this problem instead of working on 2014.10.

In any case, we will get the new map when Garmin decides it is ready. Let's hope it is a successful rollout this time.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Map Update

Not trying to add a 7th page here, but I tried my luck and called Garmin just now and asked them when the next map update would be released (because I wanted a map update before leaving town for the weekend), and I actually got a real answer for the first time in years. The guy I talked to said it was actually scheduled to be released yesterday, but the software department held back for whatever reason. He said they might release it today, but it's most likely going to be released on Tuesday, May 28th.

--
Garmin Nuvi 3490lmt, 765t with Lifetime maps and Clear Channel traffic

On toward page 8 we go

On toward page 8 we go...and maybe [well] beyond.

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Tuesday, May 28th?

Tuesday, May 28th?

Garmin Updates

Next time you say Garmin Updates will be out with in two weeks or so you should say with in a couple of Months or so
grin
LOL

--
Auggie SP2720 , SP C330, Nuvi 650, Nuvi 785T America Moves By Truck

Prediction:

auggie wrote:

Next time you say Garmin Updates will be out with in two weeks or so you should say with in a couple of Months or so
grin
LOL

It will be out the -first- ...

The FIRST chance they get.
mrgreen

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Hmmm

I wonder what happened to the update. A friend of mine is too lazy to check himself but commented that it has been a while since I told him "any day now".

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Keeping the Windmill Alive

Just like the topic in Open Talk section.

Maybe I can start a topic that says "Folks get ready, City Navigator 2015.10 North America is coming"

Or maybe

rame1012 wrote:

Not trying to add a 7th page here, but I tried my luck and called Garmin just now and asked them when the next map update would be released (because I wanted a map update before leaving town for the weekend), and I actually got a real answer for the first time in years. The guy I talked to said it was actually scheduled to be released yesterday, but the software department held back for whatever reason. He said they might release it today, but it's most likely going to be released on Tuesday, May 28th.

Wed 29 or any day after that?

--
NUVI 660, Late 2012 iMac, Macbook 2.1 Fall 2008, iPhone6 , Nuvi 3790, iPad2

Just noticed

This thread will be a month old the 29th. That has to be the day.

--
NUVI 660, Late 2012 iMac, Macbook 2.1 Fall 2008, iPhone6 , Nuvi 3790, iPad2

...

geochapman wrote:

This thread will be a month old the 29th.

Talk about impatience...

--
Michael (Nuvi 2639LMT)

Tuesday?

rame1012 wrote:

Not trying to add a 7th page here, but I tried my luck and called Garmin just now and asked them when the next map update would be released (because I wanted a map update before leaving town for the weekend), and I actually got a real answer for the first time in years. The guy I talked to said it was actually scheduled to be released yesterday, but the software department held back for whatever reason. He said they might release it today, but it's most likely going to be released on Tuesday, May 28th.

Be looking...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

May be after the memorial

May be after the memorial day weekend, time to hit the road and forget about maps update....

Glad to see They Held It Back

I prefer they hold back and fix it to get it right, than release it with bugs.

rame1012 wrote:

Not trying to add a 7th page here, but I tried my luck and called Garmin just now and asked them when the next map update would be released (because I wanted a map update before leaving town for the weekend), and I actually got a real answer for the first time in years. The guy I talked to said it was actually scheduled to be released yesterday, but the software department held back for whatever reason. He said they might release it today, but it's most likely going to be released on Tuesday, May 28th.

--
GPSMAP64s, iPhone XR w/Garmin North America, Yaesu VX-8R w/GPS.

beyond

koot wrote:

On toward page 8 we go...and maybe [well] beyond.

Well beyond I bet.. any takers

--
Jerry...Jacksonville,Fl Nüvi1450,Nuvi650,Nuvi 2495 and Mapsource.

2013.40 as of 5/25/13

updated my nuvi.

got 2013.40

This is quite silly

for the sake of an update to the map. I'm sure everyone here has the previous update. I haven't seen major epiphanies with these updates, so I'm not sure what the big deal is all about.

--
I drive, therefore I am happy. Rodeo, wildlife and nature photography rodeophoto.ca

Thanks

Thanks for the info

--
Larry - Nuvi 680, Nuvi 1690, Nuvi 2797LMT

thank you...

rame1012 wrote:

Not trying to add a 7th page here, but I tried my luck and called Garmin just now and asked them when the next map update would be released (because I wanted a map update before leaving town for the weekend), and I actually got a real answer for the first time in years. The guy I talked to said it was actually scheduled to be released yesterday, but the software department held back for whatever reason. He said they might release it today, but it's most likely going to be released on Tuesday, May 28th.

...for calling.

Garmin Map Updates

May 25th.... still no update.... any update on the updates?

WAITING

Waiting...

Something to do...

rodeophoto wrote:

for the sake of an update to the map. I'm sure everyone here has the previous update. I haven't seen major epiphanies with these updates, so I'm not sure what the big deal is all about.

When we don't have anything else to do.

--
NUVI 660, Late 2012 iMac, Macbook 2.1 Fall 2008, iPhone6 , Nuvi 3790, iPad2

I just can't wait any longer...I have to use the bathroom.

I just can't wait any longer...I have to use the bathroom.

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Garmin Servers

The Garmin servers must be getting hammered with update checks.

--
GPSMAP64s, iPhone XR w/Garmin North America, Yaesu VX-8R w/GPS.

Check's in the mail

Check's in the mail

Maybe

they're watching this thread, laughing at all of us, and saying "Don't release until those goofballs hit double digit pages on this thread"

This will really stress the server

I hope they realize that the longer they wait the more people will be aware of the immenient release and the bigger the load will be on the server. Or, maye this is some sort of test sad

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

Page 8

Let's see if we can get to page 8........anticipation!

--
ChefDon

>

You guys think your over doing it a bit? rolleyes

--
3580LMT - 2598LMT - DriveSmart 65 --- We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Everyone complains how slow

Everyone complains how slow Garmin (actually NAVTEC) is to update map changes, sometimes taking many years. It sure would be nice if their map source would take a lesson from Google Maps.

("Report a Problem" tool, which sends issues directly to Google, which can make its own updates within 48 hours if necessary.) Read on...

Collapsed I-5 bridge gone from Google Maps — almost as quickly as it fell

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/collapsed-i-5-bridge-gone-...

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

It Takes a Certain Mindset

koot wrote:

Everyone complains how slow Garmin (actually NAVTEC) is to update map changes, sometimes taking many years. It sure would be nice if their map source would take a lesson from Google Maps. Read on...

It takes a certain mindset too. Google pays for the maps service through advertising, which means more revenue if they get more folks using the service, with the ads. Not much incentive there to sell the map data, but incentive to keep the map data up to date.

In that way, there isn't a ton of pressure on folks like Navteq, beyond what companies like Garmin place on them. I think it is a case where the PND folks need to step up and do the crowd sourcing work themselves. But Garmin seems to either be unwilling or not have the resources to really do the heavy lifting to get such a feature off the ground. TomTom seems a bit more focused on their traffic to improve on their currently limited map correction scheme.

The biggest problem both Garmin and TomTom have is that they don't seem to have folks working on longer term features that need to be worked on over 2-3 release cycles. So we are only seeing these incremental changes.

Page 8 - Are we there yet? If not, why not?

Page 8 - Are we there yet? If not, why not?

We've gotta be close...gotta be!

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Suspense

Ya know how to keep a bunch of GPS fanatics in suspense??????????

yes...

n9mxq wrote:

they're watching this thread, laughing at all of us, and saying "Don't release until those goofballs hit double digit pages on this thread"

Like this post...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

... and there it is.

n9mxq wrote:

they're watching this thread, laughing at all of us, and saying "Don't release until those goofballs hit double digit pages on this thread"

... and there it is.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Maybe they will actually

Maybe they will actually update some of the missing streets in Fargo ND. As well there are so many major POIs that are not in the 2013.40 version that it is a joke.

Thanks heaven for CUSTOM POIs and the POI-Factory contributors!

Ditto!!!

Speed2 wrote:

You guys think your over doing it a bit? rolleyes

I agree!!

--
ChefDon

Intersting

Intersting

I have hey...

Have yet to see the update on my end aswell.

Fargo?

visiter555 wrote:

Maybe they will actually update some of the missing streets in Fargo ND.

Thanks heaven for CUSTOM POIs and the POI-Factory contributors!

Ya, how do they expect me to find the new Costco?

List of changes?

What kind of changes are you expecting w/2014.10 maps?

Long List

EcoRoute1 wrote:

What kind of changes are you expecting w/2014.10 maps?

1 A frontage road (Dead End)was closed a few years ago. Jill still sends people that way instead of going one more block to the traffic light.
2. Wal-Mart has never ever been in the State Maintaince Yard.
3. New I-74 cloverleaf at 53rd street in Davenport
4. Bring back the Junction View in St. Louis where I-55, I-64 and I-70 cross the river.
Just for starters

--
1490LMT 1450LMT 295w

I'm still thinking June

I'm still thinking June before it is released.

No expectations..

EcoRoute1 wrote:

What kind of changes are you expecting w/2014.10 maps?

Honestly, I have no high expectations with the map update.. I wish they revise and update their POI.. They have 10 million POI and I hardly find anything I need in POI.. I use Smartlink and just send Google map search to GPS unit.

I hope they add more school zones alert (very useful).. And offer more traffic coverage..

Thanks

Thanks

Northern Virginia

rodeophoto wrote:

for the sake of an update to the map. I'm sure everyone here has the previous update. I haven't seen major epiphanies with these updates, so I'm not sure what the big deal is all about.

Well, for Northern Virginia, I'm hoping the 2014.10 will finally take recent construction into account. For example, the new I-495 HOT lanes were finished late last year, yet junction view in 2013.40 still shows orange construction signs for the regular freeway exits. And my nuvi thinks I'm driving on on/off ramps (or otherwise off-road) when I'm actually driving on one of the right two lanes of the freeway. It just doesn't account for the freeway getting shifted over in order to make room for the new HOT lanes in the center of the freeway.

2013.40 only fixed one thing. It fixed the entrance from a certain street onto I-495. 2013.30 would mistakenly try to tell me to enter I-495 using the new HOT lane entrance on the left instead of the regular freeway entrance on the right. 2013.40 properly tells me to enter using the regular freeway entrance on the right.

It may be June

gerrydrake wrote:

I'm still thinking June before it is released.

I think June, too.

On to June and Page 8!

--
Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD, 3760 LMT, & 255LMT, - "Those who wish for fairness without first protecting freedom will end up with neither freedom nor fairness." - Milton Friedman
1 ... 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 ... 13
<<Page 7>>