I just happened to Google "Tampa Red Light Cameras" today and this clever little map showed up first in the search results.
Does anyone know who is maintaining the map (it would appear to be via My Maps as indicated in the legend) and/or where the RLC POI data comes from?
Today I find the RLC in Colonial Drive (50) and Blackwood Rd in Ocoee was remove, only temporary because a construction, and will installed back after finish the job. Also in Florida if you get a RLC ticket, and pay with out go to the court, you don't have a point in your driver license.
Well, click here to see.
It's on a dynamic IP address, so the link won't last forever. I sent copies to GlobeTurtle and JM asking if they would be kind enough to add to the camera pictures library on the site.
A Rochester city councilman is calling for an internal investigation of red light cameras.
The company that runs the program is caught in a bribery scandal that may stretch into 14 states. The investigation also includes allegations that thousands of tickets were wrongfully issued in Chicago.
The full story is here:
FREDERICK, Md. – Two additional red light violation installations have been added to two of the city’s busiest intersections.
“People speed here all the time,” said Gary Rollins, who operates a funeral home business, located on West South and Ice Street, where one camera was recently installed.
"In a news release Tuesday, the City of Fairfax Police Department announced the camera had been installed and is monitoring eastbound traffic on Fairfax Boulevard at Plantation Parkway.
A warning period begins on June 23 and enforcement starts on July 27."
Be careful what you wish for:
Police: Ohio Cities See Increase of Red-Light Runners After Cameras Switched Off
Link to story on WKEF-TV:
"The Prince George's County Police Department is beginning a pilot program to test laser-based speed camera guns with tablet computers that allow officers to catch and ticket speeders in real-time without pulling them over."
Looks like one candidate voiced his opinion:
Even as the number of red-light camera programs decline across the United States, a majority of Americans say they support law enforcement's use of this automated traffic-enforcement technology.
As of this week (June 1, 2016), the Baltimore administration and the City Council continue to discuss the past problems and steps to correct the city's Red-Light and Speed Camera's (which were to be used mainly in areas of School zones).
Well, ok, maybe 95% confidence. The remaining 5% acknowledges that anything is possible.
Here is an article about refunds being issued for a short yellow light in Orange County in Florida:
Hi, is this a red light camera? Could someone tell me?
Why would they want those? To find stolen cars? Hmm. Seems farfetched.
Arizona City Using Fake Cactus To Hide License Plate Cameras
Yesterday a lady blew a red light turning left, in her Honda Fit.
A person driving a Saturn VUE took exception--he sped up and made her slam on her brakes, and waved his fist out the window.
That was not the end of it. At the next stoplight, he got out, and began screaming at her. Wisely, she did not put her window down, as imho the person looked as though he might have taken heroin.
City Commissioners in Haines City, Florida voted to remove their red light cameras. I'll keep the site updated as to when they go down.
Haines City to Drop Its Red-Light Cameras: Contract Ends in January
By Madison Fantozzi & Christopher Guinn
Published: Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 12:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, May 8, 2015 at 12:00 a.m.
"The Metropolitan Police Department has installed five new speed cameras across the city, in areas where speed has been a problem.
During a 30-day educational period, violators will receive warning citations. After a month, speeders will get moving citations.
I understand these new jack commuters can be quite a Wile E bunch.
"WASHINGTON — Six new speed cameras placed in areas known for speeding go online Wednesday across the District of Columbia.
The new cameras will be at these locations:
• 6100 Eastern Avenue NE, southeastbound: 25 mph
• 3200 Fort Lincoln Drive NE, southbound: 25 mph
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006 - 2015