Windows 10

 
4 5 6 7 ... 10 20 26
<<Page 3>>

Another misread-er

williston wrote:

I misread or misinterpreted the "Install it right away" piece. I'll probably still hold off taking it until the offer is about to expire. Initial WinOS releases always have strange initial issues that never seem to be discovered until they go out to the real world. (In fairness, a phenomenon doesn't seem to be limited to just Microsoft.) rolleyes

chewbacca wrote:
williston wrote:

The only issue was in the fine print which advised it will be downloaded and installed automatically when it's released. So beware if this is not your preference.

Installation is not automatic.

2. Install
You'll get a notification after Windows 10 is downloaded to your device. Install it right away or pick a time that's good for you.

http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/get_windows_10_1.png

.

You read like I do. I misread a lot lately. grin

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

I'll Wait

I'll wait until I see how the upgrade is going - problems etc.

Don't want to buy into another Microsoft OS problem.

Fred

Norton Security

mgarledge wrote:

I did this and it said:
"These apps won't work correctly after the upgrade"
Norton 360 and HP Movie Store

I have used Norton for years. It is on all of my devices. I am hooked on it and love it. This sounds like they will not let you use Norton..... I may not be getting the upgrade.

Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security have been replaced with Norton Security. My guess is that Norton Security will be compatible with Win10 soon if it isn't already good to go.

Found on Norton Web Site under Support

"Microsoft is sending notifications to Windows 7 and 8.1 users announcing that Windows 10 is coming and prompting to reserve a free copy. You can check your PC to make sure it is compatible with Windows 10. This compatibility check also lists Apps that are not currently compatible. If you run the test today, your Norton product may appear in the list of Apps that "won't work correctly after the upgrade."
Norton is working on an update for compatibility with Windows 10. This update will be available to current Norton users before Windows 10 is released to ensure Norton product compatibility.

Microsoft Windows 10 is currently a Technical Preview release. A Technical Preview release of an operating system is designed for user testing, but is not yet a final version. Due to the frequent changes made to a technical preview release, we cannot guarantee any level of functionality for any of our products with Windows 10 Technical Preview versions.

We do not recommend installing any Norton product on a Technical Preview version of Windows 10 at any time during the preview phase. Microsoft may make changes to the Technical Preview version many times before the final release. If your Norton product is not compatible with those changes, you may see errors on restart or you may not be able to restart Windows at all.
Also, we do not provide support for any Norton products that are installed on any preview operating system or applications. Since Windows 10 Technical Preview version continues to change, we do not officially support it as an operating system until after its final release for resale."

Looks like I will be getting Windows 10. grin

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Really?

KenSny wrote:
computerperson wrote:

And IT"S FREEEEEE!

FREE I tell you. ---it's FREEEEEEE.

Yes, that's the scary part. I've been working with, installing, & repairing PC's for a living since the PS2 came out. I can't ever remember MS "giving" anything away for free.

Then I guess you've never heard of SQL Server Express Edition, Visual Basic/C#/Web_Developer 20xx Express Edition, Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition, ....

Seriously

When you google the percentage for desktop OS it shows that Windows 7 has more than 50% of the market share.

Windows 7 was released in 2009 and extended support finishes in January 2020. Windows 8 was released in 2012 and extended support finishes in January 2023.

I'm curious as to why Microsoft is pushing so hard for so many of us to upgrade FREE of charge to Windows 10 ? They want to GIVE it out so badly that they installed a popup through an update and now your reminded evey single time you put your computer on "Reserve the FREE update" !

In creating Windows 10 it certainly must have cost them alot of money therefore why would they act like Santa Claus and offer it totally free to millions of customers using an old 2009 OS ?

Time will tell concerning this freebie but as far as I'm concerned it smells funny & I'm just wondering exactly what the catch is.

--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk

windows

people buy apple products,
over priced, ineffective, out-dated
because of good advertising and integrated OS
Perhaps MS are trying to get on the gravy train
Integrate a relatively bad design between platforms, sell more product to ignorant people
Just look at the average person, half of em are less than that

--
If only ..

yeah right

VersatileGuy wrote:
KenSny wrote:
computerperson wrote:

And IT"S FREEEEEE!

FREE I tell you. ---it's FREEEEEEE.

Yes, that's the scary part. I've been working with, installing, & repairing PC's for a living since the PS2 came out. I can't ever remember MS "giving" anything away for free.

Then I guess you've never heard of SQL Server Express Edition, Visual Basic/C#/Web_Developer 20xx Express Edition, Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition, ....

Of course, but let's see if we can find an instance of MS giving something away for free like an operating system, MS office, nope.

SQL, Web developer stuff, & visual studio is not really something the general masses use and request a lot.

So again, I have to wonder what the end game is.....

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

@KenSny

You missed Chewbacca's mentioning he received a free copy of Win7 Ultimate at a Microsoft event. At a similar event nearly a decade prior I didn't get an OS, but did receive a copy of MapPoint 2002. I personally missed out on getting a copy of Windows 2000 because I was too reluctant to stand up on stage looking like a goofball.

I miss those Microsoft events. They were fun to attend.

As to Microsoft's endgame? Microsoft giving away Windows 10 is a means to erode some of Google's dominant position in the portable device space. PC sales are either flat or declining across the board as tablets and smartphones skyrocket. Microsoft doesn't have many apps in its app store, and the only way to really compete with Apple or Google is with apps. Giving away Windows will cost Microsoft money in the short term, but they anticipate making it up in the long run as they anticipate developers using Windows converting their Android apps to run on Surface tablets or Windows Mobile smartphones. If they can do that, they may be able to bolster their mobile presence at the expense of Google. If Microsoft can do that, then regardless of how much money they lose on Windows 10, they'll be successful.

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams

Windows 10

Not in a rush to upgrade. I need to get more information on the "Cloud".

This is...

jmacri79 wrote:
Jim547 wrote:

I'll wait for the first set of security patches to come out and then download it.

Same. I never jump into Windows updates until a good period of time has passed.

wise council. That is what I am (now) going to do.

yes, but

Strephon_Alkhalikoi wrote:

You missed Chewbacca's mentioning he received a free copy of Win7 Ultimate at a Microsoft event. At a similar event nearly a decade prior I didn't get an OS, but did receive a copy of MapPoint 2002. I personally missed out on getting a copy of Windows 2000 because I was too reluctant to stand up on stage looking like a goofball.

I miss those Microsoft events. They were fun to attend.

As to Microsoft's endgame? Microsoft giving away Windows 10 is a means to erode some of Google's dominant position in the portable device space. PC sales are either flat or declining across the board as tablets and smartphones skyrocket. Microsoft doesn't have many apps in its app store, and the only way to really compete with Apple or Google is with apps. Giving away Windows will cost Microsoft money in the short term, but they anticipate making it up in the long run as they anticipate developers using Windows converting their Android apps to run on Surface tablets or Windows Mobile smartphones. If they can do that, they may be able to bolster their mobile presence at the expense of Google. If Microsoft can do that, then regardless of how much money they lose on Windows 10, they'll be successful.

Yes, but MS events were geared towards a select group of interested users.

This update is for pretty much everyone in the general population running W7 or w8. That has to translate to millions of machines.

I do agree that I think MS is going to go the app route for those "nice" things that were bundled with the OS.

After all, MS is not foolish, if they bait the hook with a freebie, more users will upgrade. If they charged a fee, most would not upgrade, and they would just wait until they needed new hardware.

The great number of users that upgrade will soon be complaining that "things are missing" that they were used to having.

Anyway. I'm off the soapbox.

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

The cloud is somebody else's computer

mbegly wrote:

Not in a rush to upgrade. I need to get more information on the "Cloud".

"The Cloud" is space on a data center somewhere. Store data on your piece of the cloud and all your devices can access it or use it as a backup. If you use Google Contacts or Google Calendar that data is already in the cloud.

It seems like a good idea to sync all your devices, but there could be a downside. It costs money. Despite promises, it could go down, or the internet could go down. Security could be a problem even if the data is encrypted. There are worries over who might gather this information - a Google-like corporation, the government, or who else?

dobs 108 smile

Microsoft Events

You had to sign up, but they weren't geared toward a select group. For example, the one I attended in 2001 was a localized Windows XP launch event, with a simulcast from Redmond. While a lot of the guys around me were professional programmers and technical support specialists, I was just a tech enthusiast. An ordinary guy going to a big event.

I enjoyed watching the simulcast, especially when Windows XP crashed on Bill Gates as he was demonstrating it. I remember what I said when it happened.

"It must be a Pentium processor."

The programmers and tech support guys cracked up laughing, and that made my day.

---------------------------------------------

Regarding Windows 10 and beyond, I can't predict the future with any accuracy, but I do suspect that with talk of this being the last major version of Windows we'll either see OSX-style updates in the future, or an entirely new OS to replace Windows.

I suppose if I don't like it I can always install Ubuntu.

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams

We are going to begin

We are going to begin testing it at work soon after the release. I anticipate there will be a need for a lot of program updates. We are on Win 7 and it was a big change from XP.

--
John B - Garmin 765T

test it ;)

My newest is Vista so I will be looking how this testing will go for you guys. Let's hope they not using this same programmers who made Express wink

tryed it

I did a complete backup with acronis then installed win 10 when they first released it for testing I ran it for a couple of weeks it reminded me of win 8 with a few changes but some of my games didn't work right so I put win 7 back on so when they come out with the official release I will do a clean install and try it again, if it works for the games and other programs I will also put it on my main puter. Microsoft can well afford to give this OS away for free because they will make it up on services and new apps, just remember do a full backup if you don't like it (win 10) you can always restore it and go back to your old system !!

FREE

its free

--
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/693683800.png[/IMG][/URL]

I'm waiting

I will be on vacation when it's scheduled to be released. I will wait until I get back before installing it.

tbis reminds me of

The days when AOHELL would send out cd's with installers of AOHELL internet.

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!

BlueStacks

-Nomad- wrote:
BCruzer wrote:

It was also mentioned on the show that MS is planning to make it possible to run Android Apps and IOS Apps on Win 10 through some sort of Virtualization software. Not many details on that yet and probably more than a year away.

Not sure about the IOS part, but you can already run Android apps on a Windows machine using an Android emulator like Bluestacks - which is available for free.

Thanks for the tip about BlueStacks. I got it installed in order to run the Periscope Droid app. Unfortunately, there is a bug and it won't load any Periscope video.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueStacksInc/posts/957921654228622

I've reported the problem to BlueStacks.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2021.20 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

I am eager and waiting for

I am eager and waiting for the update.

Eventually

I will eventually put it on the Win 8.1 laptop. It will hopefully be better than the POS OS that's on it now.

--
GPSMAP 76CSx - nüvi 760 - nüvi 200 - GPSMAP 78S

Just received this email from Norton

"Norton Will Be Fully Compatible with Windows 10

Dear Mary,
Those of you using Windows 7 or 8 may have noticed a recent message from Microsoft® detailing the July 29 release of Windows 10. This announcement also included a Microsoft app that stated your Norton protection is incompatible with the new operating system.

Rest assured, this is not the case. Your updated Norton software will be 100% compatible with Windows 10.

With Norton, you’re always entitled to the latest version and 24/7 support during your subscription period—all at no extra charge. And right now, we’re preparing an update to ensure your Norton protection runs as smoothly as possible with Windows 10.

Thanks for continuing to be a Norton customer. "

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Norton on the Ball

I am concerned about other SW and HW in my win 7 PC not being compatible. I'll need to run the check before moving forward on Win 10.

--
romanviking

On my XPS18, Avast and Start

On my XPS18, Avast and Start Menu 8 will be affected by the upgrade. I'm certain Avast will provide an update, and the entire reason for Start Menu 8 will be nullified when Windows 10 is installed.

In other words, no big deal here.

My Windows 7 devices though? No idea. I still have to get a heat gun from Harbor Freight to fix my laptop's graphics chip.

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams

Already done?

mgarledge wrote:

"Norton Will Be Fully Compatible with Windows 10

Dear Mary,
Those of you using Windows 7 or 8 may have noticed a recent message from Microsoft® detailing the July 29 release of Windows 10. This announcement also included a Microsoft app that stated your Norton protection is incompatible with the new operating system.

Rest assured, this is not the case. Your updated Norton software will be 100% compatible with Windows 10.

With Norton, you’re always entitled to the latest version and 24/7 support during your subscription period—all at no extra charge. And right now, we’re preparing an update to ensure your Norton protection runs as smoothly as possible with Windows 10.

Thanks for continuing to be a Norton customer. "

Mary, when I first reserved my copy of Win 10, I also got a warning that my Norton product (N Internet Security) was incompatible with Win 10. Now when I check my Win 10 reservation, the Norton warning is no longer there. Either Norton's LiveUpdate has already changed the program to be compatible for Win 10 when it comes out or MS has altered the new Win 10 or at least its notifications to show that my Norton product is going to work with Win 10. So I have one less issue to consider before updating. rolleyes

Connecting dots ... or not?

Sometimes when things get ever more clandestine, it is at least amusing to connect dots that may or may not go together. So for those who might have missed this press release: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/05/28/ibm-gives-workers-...

Yes I know IBM & Apple are further developing business partnerships:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-07-15/apple-ibm-...

But still I can't help but wonder if Virginia knows something about Win 10 & its parent that the rest of us mere mortals might be privy to, at least here on line. cool

Track & advertise to that: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=homie
_______________________________________________________________
... and no, I have never owned an Apple product or stock, nor have I any plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to free upgrade from 8.1

Bought an HP laptop with 8.0 on it, upgraded to 8.1. Get BSOD all the time after installs, doesn't matter if it's a program or a Win update. Never seen updates break windows before. I do restore points constantly. Here's hoping 10 is more stable.

--
Amazing GPS: I once was lost but now am found.

Craig, I just checked mine

CraigW wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

"Norton Will Be Fully Compatible with Windows 10

Dear Mary,
Those of you using Windows 7 or 8 may have noticed a recent message from Microsoft® detailing the July 29 release of Windows 10. This announcement also included a Microsoft app that stated your Norton protection is incompatible with the new operating system.

Rest assured, this is not the case. Your updated Norton software will be 100% compatible with Windows 10.

With Norton, you’re always entitled to the latest version and 24/7 support during your subscription period—all at no extra charge. And right now, we’re preparing an update to ensure your Norton protection runs as smoothly as possible with Windows 10.

Thanks for continuing to be a Norton customer. "

Mary, when I first reserved my copy of Win 10, I also got a warning that my Norton product (N Internet Security) was incompatible with Win 10. Now when I check my Win 10 reservation, the Norton warning is no longer there. Either Norton's LiveUpdate has already changed the program to be compatible for Win 10 when it comes out or MS has altered the new Win 10 or at least its notifications to show that my Norton product is going to work with Win 10. So I have one less issue to consider before updating. rolleyes

I just checked mine again and Norton 360 is still on there. They may be updating as each product is updated. Your N Internet Security may have been first.
Is your N Internet Security the new one that replaces 360 or one of the older ones?

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

update yes but not in a hurry.

I just had windows check my pc and the Intel driver is not compatible. Intel says they'll have driver available by windows 10 release.

I'd like to update but think I'll wait awhile after release.

Old

mgarledge wrote:

Is your N Internet Security the new one that replaces 360 or one of the older ones?

It's the old one.

I've been testing the beta,

I've been testing the beta, looks nice but seems to have issue with drivers for devices now, but is still doing a good job and expect manufactures to start producing drivers for their products to support Windows 10

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

Free for one year--and then subscription fees??

alofficial wrote:

its free

Well you heard what Microsoft wanted you to hear, but to be clearer, Microsoft said Win 10 will be free for the first year of release for people with Win 7 or Win 8.1 already installed.

Now when that was announced, many people took it to mean that if you don't upgrade during that first year, you may have to pay to upgrade to Win 10 after that. Kind of a carrot-and-stick approach to get you to bite on the hook early on. This reliable tech website for example spun the free-upgrade story exactly that way:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/01/windows-10-free-for-a...

But what some people think Microsoft may be planning, and this would be much more sinister, is that Win 10 would be free for the first year, and then you will have to pay--and it would likely be a monthly or annual subscription fee--to keep Win 10 going more than one year after its release.

Now you would not be obligated to subscribe of course. You could uninstall Win 10 and go back to Win 7 or Win 8.1. But who rolls back an OS install one year later? It would be extremely buggy and you would probably have to do a restore or a reformat & reinstall of your old OS to get it. Few people would have the stomach for that and some would be unable to roll back one year later in any event.

Also note that as part of the Terms of Service, it is expected that home users of Win 10 will be **required** to agree to automatic updates of Windows, something many smart users do not allow--they pick and choose updates, and wait a time before updating to give bugs a chance to shake out. Automatic updates could subject you to unwanted features such as increasing advertising built-in to Windows.Perhaps Win 10 will truly remain free but be ad-supported. They have to have some revenue stream to compensate themselves for the time put in maintaining the OS.

IMO these are two more reasons to not leap into the "free" Win 10 "upgrade" right at the beginning.

Microsoft will clarify its "free" policy eventually as the year wears on, and you will hear an outcry if other issues develop due to mandatory automatic updates.

You may be better off with your already-bought-and-paid-for version of Windows. Nothing like this is truly free, especially in a publicly-traded company like Microsoft.

--
JMoo On

No charge at any time if you take the upgrade the 1st year

Just read this...

"At its press event today, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users during its first year of availability. There was some confusion, however, when Microsoft's Terry Myerson started talking about Windows 10 "as a service." Did that mean that after that first year of free availability, Windows 10 would cost an annual fee? I asked Myerson for clarification after the presentation, and he confirmed that there will be no additional fees attached to Windows 10, whenever you buy it."

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Another way to get it free

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

the cloud

mgarledge wrote:

..Did that mean that after that first year of free availability, Windows 10 would cost an annual fee? I asked Myerson for clarification after the presentation, and he confirmed that there will be no additional fees attached to Windows 10, whenever you buy it."

They are saying nothing about the possible cost of the cloud, which seems to be an integral part of the plan. Offer free software, and make a profit on the cloud the software uses.

"The Cloud" is a data center or a number of data centers using critical systems to stay online no matter what happens. This costs money - a great deal of money. Our data will be stored there in order to sync it across all our devices including our Surface tablet and Windows phone. This is the major advance of Windows 10.

This is Google's plan to take over the world and Microsoft is turning the tables on them

dobs108 smile

norton 360

Norton has been sending emails and popups guaranteeing that 360 will run on Windows 10.

dobs108 smile

Chrome syncs data

dobs108 wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

..Did that mean that after that first year of free availability, Windows 10 would cost an annual fee? I asked Myerson for clarification after the presentation, and he confirmed that there will be no additional fees attached to Windows 10, whenever you buy it."

They are saying nothing about the possible cost of the cloud, which seems to be an integral part of the plan. Offer free software, and make a profit on the cloud the software uses.

"The Cloud" is a data center or a number of data centers using critical systems to stay online no matter what happens. This costs money - a great deal of money. Our data will be stored there in order to sync it across all our devices including our Surface tablet and Windows phone. This is the major advance of Windows 10.

This is Google's plan to take over the world and Microsoft is turning the tables on them

dobs108 smile

Chrome, Dropbox and Adobe all sync data and don't charge unless you want a lot of space. I have used them and they all offer enough on their free space that I don't need to buy any. Maybe Windows will offer a small space and charge for anyone needing any more.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

If you have a Microsoft

If you have a Microsoft account, you should already have a small storage space through Skydrive. I've never used mine since at 2GB it's a drop in the bucket compared to the 15GB or more I get with Google, and the 50+GB for both MediaFire and Mega.

That 2GB however should be sufficient to store user settings and the like.

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams

You will not see me ever

You will not see me ever relinquish W7-64

--
A 2689LMT in both our cars that we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

will i

JanJ wrote:

You will not see me ever relinquish W7-64

Will I need to close one eye or two when you start on that black bird that can only warn of cars?

--
Illiterate? Write for free help.

Not ever?

JanJ wrote:

You will not see me ever relinquish W7-64

"will not see me ever relinquish W7-64" Really? I was pretty attached to Windows 98 back in the day and saw no reason to upgrade to XP ... but, but, but nuthin' runs on 98 anymore. The same will happen with W7. So unless you are planning to put your feet on the brown side of the grass ... you will most likely decide to give up W7 at some point. smile

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Sounds like a plan. I have a

Sounds like a plan. I have a 3yr old laptop running Windows 7 and a newer laptop running Windows 8. Not a fan of 8, So I will wait until most of the new OS glitches are addressed before I make the switch to 10.

Just for kicks I downloaded

Just for kicks I downloaded the technical preview and used it to upgrade an old Vista-era laptop currently running Windows 7 with a Centrino Duo and 2GB of RAM. Not only did it install without a hitch, the laptop runs much snappier. My best guess is that Aero sucked a lot of resources that the Intel onboard graphics couldn't spare.

My netbook dual-booting XP and Ubuntu would probably benefit, but I need to test my Griffin iMic and see if it functions on Windows 10. The iMic only works on XP and is the only reason I still have XP around.

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams

free

free for how long ?

Vista upstairs

I have a Vista computer upstairs for the grand kids. I want to put the Windows 10 preview build on it so I can get Windows 10 when it is released.
The computer has a lot of stuff on it that I no longer use. And I have read that I need to do a fresh update to put Windows 10 on a Vista.

What is the quickest way to back up anything I may need later?
I have an external hard drive I have replaced with a bigger one and can use it to back up on.
Do I need to do a complete back up, and if so, how is the best way to do that.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Mary

Mary, I believe you heard wrong about having to install 10 fresh on a Vista device, though I could be very very mistaken. If you have a lot of stuff on that computer you don't use however, a fresh installation of Windows 10 is probably not a bad idea.

When I did the upgrade last night, I was prompted before actually installing Windows and asked whether I wanted to keep my stuff or not. The three choices available could be boiled down to "yes", "maybe", and "no". The "maybe" option if I recall correctly kept your files but not the programs you installed.

Back up the stuff you want to keep onto that external drive, then let Windows 10 wipe the drive and install.

Now that I've installed 10 on that Centrino Duo, I'll probably install it on my Core i3 right after I'm done with this post. While conventional wisdom says not to place pre-production software on a device you commonly use, the current build of the technical preview is very stable.

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." --Douglas Adams

No WIndows 10 for me.

Looks like I am not eligible for the upgrade on my Windows 7 Pro desktop computer. It is quite old ... a system I built myself in 2003. I upgraded it from XP MCE to Win 7 Pro 64 bit in 2011, and it runs W7 just fine. I was wondering why I was not offered the Windows 10 upgrade. It turns out the AMD Athlon processor is not compatible with Windows 10.

Oh well, I like Windows 7 anyway and can still get a few more years of service with it on my 12 year old desktop. I guess that old box doesn't owe me anything.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Same here

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/44665?page=2#comment-398740

P.S. Also testing out Alandb new FAQ for the very first time grin

--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk
4 5 6 7 ... 10 20 26
<<Page 3>>