Viago for Android updates and tweaks

 
--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps
<<Page 3

I learned something new..

I learned something new..

Download went well for

Download went well for Canada,USA Maps and the additional files.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Whats with map update?

I got the alert for map updates for Viago and installed. Now when you are stationary (not moving)the vehicle and map rotate north, once you start moving again the vehicle and map return to the proper direction. This occurs in either 3d mode or track up, and while navigating a route or just on the map.

This is really annoying and I think very dangerous.

Haven't see this on my

Haven't see this on my Galaxy SIII or Tab 3 (yet!).

Nevermind

When I first read the title of this thread I read it as:

VIAGRA for Android updates and tweaks

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!

Not working

Did the update a day or so ago.
Now we went out today and the map would not work unless I had my data turned on.
I have the maps to go and used it a lot before the update.
Am going to try deleting everything and then reload it.
Will see.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

:) and :0 and :(

smile
I deleted my Viago and reinstalled it and now it is working great.

surprised
I forgot see if there was a way to backup my favorites and trips (jgermann don't yell at me for not Backing up)

sad
Now I have to re type in one at a time all my POIs that I had on the App and the 4 trips I had saved...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Icons

mgarledge wrote:

smile
I deleted my Viago and reinstalled it and now it is working great.

surprised
I forgot see if there was a way to backup my favorites and trips (jgermann don't yell at me for not Backing up)

sad
Now I have to re type in one at a time all my POIs that I had on the App and the 4 trips I had saved...

Mary when you set Viago to show food icons on the map. Have you been able to see them show up when navigating ? After update they are not showing on my Android smart phone.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Blue dots

charlesd45 wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

smile
I deleted my Viago and reinstalled it and now it is working great.

surprised
I forgot see if there was a way to backup my favorites and trips (jgermann don't yell at me for not Backing up)

sad
Now I have to re type in one at a time all my POIs that I had on the App and the 4 trips I had saved...

Mary when you set Viago to show food icons on the map. Have you been able to see them show up when navigating ? After update they are not showing on my Android smart phone.

Charles, I only see blue dots and when I touch them it tells what they are. I am zoomed in. I could not see what they were before the update. I will try a route and see if they show up in a route.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Charles

I put in a route to McDonalds and all the other foods still showed up as blue dots and to see what they are I still have to touch them. But the McDonalds only had my end flag and when I touched it it did not tell me anything but the address.I will try later today when we get out to look wher navigating.
I am using a Nexus 7.
I can't remember if I even saw anything but blue dots on here.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Charles

I just looked at photos on Garmin site and they show icons and more than one at a time

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Icons with Food checked

mgarledge wrote:

I just looked at photos on Garmin site and they show icons and more than one at a time

Thanks. I don't see that many icons when in a area that should fill up the screen with them.Have to go back through the settings again.Not sure just having USA and Canada maps would cause a problem. Original set up when first got Viago I downloaded all North America and could only get it to work with WIFI connection.Changed to USA and Canada and had no problem.Thinking about trying to download all North America again.Have everything backed up so could easily revert back.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

viago

downloading viago now

Let me know

charlesd45 wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

I just looked at photos on Garmin site and they show icons and more than one at a time

Thanks. I don't see that many icons when in a area that should fill up the screen with them.Have to go back through the settings again.Not sure just having USA and Canada maps would cause a problem. Original set up when first got Viago I downloaded all North America and could only get it to work with WIFI connection.Changed to USA and Canada and had no problem.Thinking about trying to download all North America again.Have everything backed up so could easily revert back.

Let me know if you find settings for icons.
I have the 2.2 GB North America maps to go on mine.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

No setting

mgarledge wrote:
charlesd45 wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

I just looked at photos on Garmin site and they show icons and more than one at a time

Thanks. I don't see that many icons when in a area that should fill up the screen with them.Have to go back through the settings again.Not sure just having USA and Canada maps would cause a problem. Original set up when first got Viago I downloaded all North America and could only get it to work with WIFI connection.Changed to USA and Canada and had no problem.Thinking about trying to download all North America again.Have everything backed up so could easily revert back.

Let me know if you find settings for icons.
I have the 2.2 GB North America maps to go on mine.

Never found a setting that solved the problem.May have to download them again.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Icons

Contacted Garmin about the icons just to see what feedback I would get on the icons not showing up. Plus asked the the question about why under selection to show icon on the screen for example food you could only select one. Yet there was a selection to Unselect All.Here is the reply.

The category selected to show on the screen will appear as a small blue dot on most Android phones. You may have to zoom in a bit to see these dots and if a route is in progress, the blue line designating the route can hide them as well. Please note that we do use a default icon set by Android, so it could be different depending on the manufacturers custom version of Android.

Only one category can be selected at a time, but I can see why Unselect All may allude to multiple selections being possible. "Unselect" doesn't make much sense, but "Clear Selection" may fit in that small box, and would make more sense. I'll pass that along.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Thanks

charlesd45 wrote:

Contacted Garmin about the icons just to see what feedback I would get on the icons not showing up. Plus asked the the question about why under selection to show icon on the screen for example food you could only select one. Yet there was a selection to Unselect All.Here is the reply.

The category selected to show on the screen will appear as a small blue dot on most Android phones. You may have to zoom in a bit to see these dots and if a route is in progress, the blue line designating the route can hide them as well. Please note that we do use a default icon set by Android, so it could be different depending on the manufacturers custom version of Android.

Only one category can be selected at a time, but I can see why Unselect All may allude to multiple selections being possible. "Unselect" doesn't make much sense, but "Clear Selection" may fit in that small box, and would make more sense. I'll pass that along.

Well, from this we can not be expecting to see multi icons, or even any icons. I just got a Note 4 and will see if they show up on that with a route.
Thanks for calling Garmin. I was always looking to see if they fixed the select only one icon.

I guess if we can only select one option then if we have selected food and there are blue dots that will be food.

I will still not give up hope. Maybe someday they will decide to work on this again, or maybe not.

Thanks for your time, Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Note 4

The Note 4 only shows blue dots. Does anyone out there have an Android device where the icons show as icons and not blue dots?

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Icons

I see those small blue dots now on the screen. Believe I was overlooking them before.Use to seeing the food icon(fork and spoon) like on my Nuvi 2597. Tried a few different map themes under settings but no improvements.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Update

mblanc01 wrote:

I got the alert for map updates for Viago and installed. Now when you are stationary (not moving)the vehicle and map rotate north, once you start moving again the vehicle and map return to the proper direction. This occurs in either 3d mode or track up, and while navigating a route or just on the map.

This is really annoying and I think very dangerous.

I contacted Garmin with my issue with the GPS and the final email suggested that I delete and re-add everything. Well just before that email, my app would not start again, which Garmin promised to have fixed in the latest update. So, I had deleted and reloaded and the GPS problem stopped.

I come to be aware people are complaining about Pois not being visible. I have come to the conclusion that settings work differently if you are viewing the map or if you are navigating to a destination. It also makes a difference if you are in 3d, track up or North up.

- unless I am in 3d, pois show as blue dots
- Red light camera warnings only work while navigating
- School zones work all the time
- after install of the software all POI categories show, but if you choose a category in the settings that will be the only POI category to show until another software refresh.

There are more quirks, that I am seeing hopefully Garmin will open their eyes some more. I wonder how they do QA......

There are many more quirks that I found

Just tried all settings

3d, track up, north up all with a route but not in the car.

Still have the blue dots. I had a route selected but I was not in the car and going on the trip. I will have to try it again when on the road.

I chose food before I look at the blue dots so I don'tknow if I had all the categories. So after update do not chose any categories and you will have them all??? Is this what you are saying?

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

I see them all right now

I haven't chosen any and I see them when I navigate.

What are you using

mblanc01 wrote:

I haven't chosen any and I see them when I navigate.

What brand of device are you using and what carrier?
Are you seeing the icons or the blue dots.
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Samsung

S4 on T-Mobile. I don't think it matters.

New revenue...lol

Steve620 wrote:

downloading viago now

Garmin should not charge for the APP or the Maps.

They should charge $0.01 PER download of each and make a fortune from all of us who have to redownload it after it screws up!!

Are you seeing blue dots?

mblanc01 wrote:

S4 on T-Mobile. I don't think it matters.

Or are you seeing icons?

Is anyone seeing icons?

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Yea

First time I used Viago since the last update. I am making all my POIs that were in my old phone and I discovered a fix.
When you click on a place and go to save it you don't have to retype the name it is already there. This saves a lot of time. Garmin is working in the right direction.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Yea, I can see Icons and not blue dots

We went on a small trip today and I put a route in. I had food checked and on the route I could see Food Icons when we were in a city.

Now, do I uninstall Viago and re install it and not check anything just to get all Icons? I think I will leave it like it is and just check the Icon I want to see. When we get a new update I hope I will remember not to check or uncheck any so I can have all Icons on there at once.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Viago and downloaded maps.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Yeah

Yep the only way I know of seeing multiple icons is not to check any from the menu. Once you choose any, you can only choose one at a time.

Too bad we can't see more, I

Too bad we can't see more, I use a 10" tablet and one blue dot is it for me.

With a route selected

visiter555 wrote:

Too bad we can't see more, I use a 10" tablet and one blue dot is it for me.

Do you only get blue dots with a route selected and while you are driving.
I selected a route at home and only saw blue dots, but when we were on the road, I had food selected and saw icons for the eating places.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Updated to version 1.2.1 (4007) today

Received Update to version 1.2.1 (4007) today.

* Bug fix
* added mute button to right menu

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Thanks, I noticed this too from

My Notifications on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 sent me a notification that it had updated.
Nice to have the notification.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Added Viago to my new Motorola Luge Smartphone

The Viago app and my optional upgrades were added to my new Luge Smartphone with no problems and everything is functioning fine. There was no additional costs involved adding it to a second Android device. smile

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Cool To Know

rjrsw wrote:

My youngest daughter was going to drive up to the Ikea store near Phoenix from where we live in Tucson and she invited me to ride along.

I thought that it would be a good opportunity to test out the latest Viago 1.1.0 update. It worked great and I was impressed at how smooth and fast that everything functions and the spoken streets and real directions were very helpful.

I am really pleased with the maps showing not only the streets leading to the shopping area but also all the drives and even the parking rows and dividers within the parking lots. It pretty much takes you directly to the front of the store within the shopping complex.

I have the app on my Samsung Note 8.0 and with using it on battery yesterday for the round trip of around 3 to 3 1/2 hours it still had 70% of the battery life left when we got back to Tucson. It appears that on my tablet I would get around 9 to 10 hours of navigation use on a single battery charge.

Map update?

Last night I started the Viago app on my Samsung note 8 tablet running Android 4.4.2 and it immediately came up with the notification of a map update being available and to restart the app to allow the updates. I restarted it and it came up with the same notification I then restarted it again and nothing that time and no maps or files updated that I could find.

I have Viago on my Samsung S4 running android 5.0.1 and checked that also but didn't get a notification on it.

Did anyone else get a notification about maps?

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Map download

Not sure what is going on here. I also got the message that maps ready for download on my Android tablet. Followed instructions for downloading. Download accepted and it appeared to start a download but only for a very short time. Tried going to tools setting then download manager but no download came up.

Went to the Android Smartphone and got the same results.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

same here

charlesd45 wrote:

Not sure what is going on here. I also got the message that maps ready for download on my Android tablet. Followed instructions for downloading. Download accepted and it appeared to start a download but only for a very short time. Tried going to tools setting then download manager but no download came up.

Went to the Android Smartphone and got the same results.

Get the same behavior. On a second try and select Lower 49 States, get an additonal message, insufficient storage space. Deleted the map file followed the procedure you posted earlier. It is now downloading .2 of 1.6 GB done, 1 hr and 55 min to go. waiting.....

Everything appeared to be same as the last map update in Feb

The notification and instructions appeared to be just the same as the lifetime map update for Viago that I got back in January and I followed the instructions as you did. The warning to make sure I was connected to wifi because of the large file download was the same but the large download never happened.

The strange thing is that the notification happened with my Samsung note 8 tablet and my Motorola luge phone both running android 4.4.2 but no notification on my Samsung S4 running android 5.0.1

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Let us know how the update went

Pillowcase wrote:
charlesd45 wrote:

Not sure what is going on here. I also got the message that maps ready for download on my Android tablet. Followed instructions for downloading. Download accepted and it appeared to start a download but only for a very short time. Tried going to tools setting then download manager but no download came up.

Went to the Android Smartphone and got the same results.

Get the same behavior. On a second try and select Lower 49 States, get an additonal message, insufficient storage space. Deleted the map file followed the procedure you posted earlier. It is now downloading .2 of 1.6 GB done, 1 hr and 55 min to go. waiting.....

It will be interesting to know if the maps you are downloading are new and updated maps. If you could post the map image file names and size when done we could compare them to the Jan 2015 map files.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

download compted

rjrsw wrote:
Pillowcase wrote:
charlesd45 wrote:

Not sure what is going on here. I also got the message that maps ready for download on my Android tablet. Followed instructions for downloading. Download accepted and it appeared to start a download but only for a very short time. Tried going to tools setting then download manager but no download came up.

Went to the Android Smartphone and got the same results.

Get the same behavior. On a second try and select Lower 49 States, get an additonal message, insufficient storage space. Deleted the map file followed the procedure you posted earlier. It is now downloading .2 of 1.6 GB done, 1 hr and 55 min to go. waiting.....

It will be interesting to know if the maps you are downloading are new and updated maps. If you could post the map image file names and size when done we could compare them to the Jan 2015 map files.

Download completed.

The file downloaded is: D0783250A.img
file size: 1.55 GB (1,672,314,880.00 bytes)

Viago is working in both the online and offline modes.

P.S. I did not have this map (the Lower 49 States) earlier. So I am depending on you guys to inform us if this is an updated map.

Also, the download should have been faster by a factor of 5-10, if only my Android phone did not latch on to the slower Xfinity public WiFi off my neighbors. Corrected it and the download finished in less than 10 minutes.

The only thing that gets updated is the time zone map...........

The only thing that gets updated is the time zone map and that is why the download happens so fast. I deleted and reinstalled the map file I was using and the new map file was the same exact file name and size as I deleted.

This is the file that gets updated:

Old file

TimeZoneMap_1500.img - 604KB

New file

TimeZoneMap_1602.img - 574.1kb

The interesting thing was that they actually did update something that was map related so there is still hope for full map updates in the future.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Went back and checked both

Went back and checked both the tablet and phone and the 1602.img update was there. Agreed it is nice we are still getting updates.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

This must be the same update that the Garmin units are getting

charlesd45 wrote:

Went back and checked both the tablet and phone and the 1602.img update was there. Agreed it is nice we are still getting updates.

The regular Garmin units are now getting the 16.02 time zone map update also. Luckily we didn't get the initial version 16 update that caused all the problems on those units.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Maybe being last has its

Maybe being last has its advantages in this case.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor - Offline Maps & GPS.

Indeed

rjrsw wrote:
charlesd45 wrote:

Went back and checked both the tablet and phone and the 1602.img update was there. Agreed it is nice we are still getting updates.

The regular Garmin units are now getting the 16.02 time zone map update also. Luckily we didn't get the initial version 16 update that caused all the problems on those units.

Went back and checked. Indeed, the timezone map was updated to 16.02, TimeZoneMap_1602.img.

Didn't know that

Has that cloud always been to the right of United States in search city?
When I change it to France and put in Paris I can click on the map and see everything. If I click on the car it tells me routing is only available in your area (North America). I can see the map but can not route. Has that always been available? Or, will we be able to route when we get in that area?

It also shows traffic like my North America but I do not have traffic.

EDIT: I was on WiFi.... I went off WiFi and it was still there but could not see traffic. If I was on Data I should have seen traffic???

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Got a map update for time zones on Viago this week

I was surprised when I received a notice when I opened the Viago app that a map update was available but as it turned out it was just the time zone map update. sad

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps
<<Page 3