2015.10 update out

 
--
Everyday is a GREAT day :)
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9
<<Page 5>>

>

archae86 wrote:
DorkusNimrod wrote:

nuvi 3790 gmapdem.img: 1,227,325,440 bytes
nuvi 3490 gmapdem.img: 623,591,424 bytes

That is curious. Our family stock includes 3790LMT units. All eight backups of my 3790LMTs which include a gmapdem.img file have it at file size 623,591,424 bytes with Windows indicating a "modified" time of Thursday, ‎September ‎16, ‎2010, ‏‎4:47:30 PM.

I second that on file size, 3790 and 3590, but time stamp is september 16/2010 on mine. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary using the 3590 last night.
I think i'll leave the file out for now.

--
3580LMT - 2598LMT - DriveSmart 65 --- We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

I reported the issue to

I reported the issue to Garmin. Secondly, if I reinstall old maps, will this file come back? I will appreciate your advice..

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

3597?

rookie8155 wrote:

I reported the issue to Garmin. Secondly, if I reinstall old maps, will this file come back? I will appreciate your advice..

I assume you're referring to your 3597 and not your other two nuvis.

If you have a backup from a previous map version, you don't need to go back to the older map. All you need to do is copy your backed up gmapdem.img file from the backup to the nuvi. That will restore the missing file while still giving you the latest map--it's also a much easier, faster solution.

Success

Successful install to my Nuvi 50. Used the clone method and Garmin Express. Took 3 hours on my Frontier DSL connection. Ran a few checks on the unit. All seems to be fine.

Michael

--
:260W, 50LM

Quote: I assume you're

Quote:

I assume you're referring to your 3597 and not your other two nuvis.
If you have a backup from a previous map version, you don't need to go back to the older map. All you need to do is copy your backed up gmapdem.img file from the backup to the nuvi. That will restore the missing file while still giving you the latest map--it's also a much easier, faster solution.

Yes, I was referring about 3597 only. The problem is that I never made any backup of this device. That was stupid of me for not making a backup. I would have never thought that Garmin will delete this file. I found the smaller file but will be good to get big file which is over 1 GB is size.

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

Successful on 2597

i used the garmin express and took the updates for traffic and unit before the 2015.10 map update.

After the unit updated - reboot the gps and loaded the update and then reconnect to update maps - the maps took 35 min to complete and was successful.

DEM map

rookie8155 wrote:
Quote:

I assume you're referring to your 3597 and not your other two nuvis.
If you have a backup from a previous map version, you don't need to go back to the older map. All you need to do is copy your backed up gmapdem.img file from the backup to the nuvi. That will restore the missing file while still giving you the latest map--it's also a much easier, faster solution.

Yes, I was referring about 3597 only. The problem is that I never made any backup of this device. That was stupid of me for not making a backup. I would have never thought that Garmin will delete this file. I found the smaller file but will be good to get big file which is over 1 GB is size.

From what I've read, the smaller DEM map file is the file that is supplied with the nuvi 3597.

You also asked if reinstalling an earlier map would restore the DEM map. To me, it's an open question. Others report that past map updates did not touch the DEM map file, so to me, it's very likely that a reinstallation of an older map would not restore the missing map.

Errors

Always better to wait until bugs are remedied. Keep posted on progress via POI Factory.

--
romanviking

Did it

Used Map Updater 3.3.3 and it updated my Dezl 560, but failed on the PC.

In GE you'd never known there was an update available. It said everything was up to date.

My Garmin wanted to install some FM traffic receiver firmware, but that failed too.

Still don't know where my NTTS went. Guess its just gone forever.

--
Nuvi 660 Dezl 560

CraigW, thanks for your

CraigW, thanks for your advice. I got a 600 MB file and should be good. I also opened a ticket with Garmin on this issue.

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

Express version

My Garmin Express version is showing 3.2.4.0 and I was able to update my newly purchased Nuvi 52 yesterday as well as my 2797 today.
I don't see that version listed above and wondered if it could have something to do with what's going on.

--
Bill Adams Winegard Company Mobile Dealer Trainer

Has Garmin taken the map

Has Garmin taken the map update down...Just plugged my Dezl 560 in and got three current updates, but does not show the 2015.10 maps as available... Updated my RV 760 on the 15th and encountered all the problems others had..?

--
StreetPilot..Nuvi 265T..785WT..1390...Dezl560..RV760 DriveSmart 65

Just Finishing My Update

I am running Garmin Map Updater and I am just finishing the 2015.10 update to my 765T. No problems were encountered. The map image is now 2.2GB is size! I remember only a few years ago (well 2008) when it was around 780MB. I am running a 4GB SD card now but it may require an 8GB soon enough LOL.

Also, the JCV is coming in at 829MB and the 3D image at 226MB.

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

3.2.4.0

myprevost wrote:

My Garmin Express version is showing 3.2.4.0 and I was able to update my newly purchased Nuvi 52 yesterday as well as my 2797 today.
I don't see that version listed above and wondered if it could have something to do with what's going on.

3.2.4.0 came out shortly after the map update was released but didn't solve the main issues we have been dealing with. It didn't solve either:

- can't installed the map update to your computer
- on Nuvi's with 3D terrain views the terrain DEM map (gmapdem.ing) gets deleted and no new map gets installed.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Install Maps to Computer

Like a number of people here, I was unable to install maps to the computer using GarminMapUpdater(v3.3.3). However; when I opened BaseCamp with the nuvi 855 attached, the map files were copied to the computer and available with BaseCamp. The files were copied to the folder c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\IMG\City Navigator North America NT 2015.10.gmap where xxxxxx is the user account name. Previously; when I installed maps to the computer for MapSource, I chose the default folder: c:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps\ for installation. I copied the complete 2015.10 map folder to c:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps\ and found that the 2015.10 maps were now available in MapSource. I didn't need to enter any unlock codes to have it work.
Mark

Of course it is out the day

Of course it is out the day after my latest long distance trip...time to update...lol

I was unable to install any

I was unable to install any of my 4 gpsr's map updates into Mapsource either. Can you explain how you got the map update from Base Camp to Mapsource. I can't figure it out. I don't seem to be able to change the destination folder where the maps go. In GE, the only option I have to install maps to computer, is to destination " C:\program data\garmin\maps." But everytime I try to install, it errors out.

Thanks for the tip!

baumback wrote:

Like a number of people here, I was unable to install maps to the computer using GarminMapUpdater(v3.3.3). However; when I opened BaseCamp with the nuvi 855 attached, the map files were copied to the computer and available with BaseCamp. The files were copied to the folder c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\IMG\City Navigator North America NT 2015.10.gmap where xxxxxx is the user account name. Previously; when I installed maps to the computer for MapSource, I chose the default folder: c:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps\ for installation. I copied the complete 2015.10 map folder to c:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps\ and found that the 2015.10 maps were now available in MapSource. I didn't need to enter any unlock codes to have it work.
Mark

Thanks for the tip, Mark. That worked like a champ for me too.

Sorry, those directions wont

Sorry, those directions wont work for me. Ill call Garmin Tomorrow, Monday. I don't have c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\IMG\City Navigator North America NT 2015.10 on my pc.

Completed Stage One

First things first: After going into Control Panel and unhiding all files, I backed up my Nuvi 1450 to my laptop. Took almost two hours. It's a good thing I had the series finale of Blacklist to take up part of that time.
Until all of the chaos of what works and doesn't work to update to 2015.10 goes away, I think I'll just sit back and watch.

Phil

--
Phil in Mentor, Ohio -- Garmin Nuvi 1450

City Navigator North America NT 2015.10

Hi..Installed the subject map on 5/17 using Garmin Express on my Nuvi465T. Having said that I tried to install it JUST to my PC.. I get an installation error regarding installing to my PC..

Any suggestions.. Thanks..

--
Thank You Happy & Safe Travels PJGMIG Nuvi 2598LMTHD

See if these instructions work any better

gerrydrake wrote:

Sorry, those directions wont work for me. Ill call Garmin Tomorrow, Monday. I don't have c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\IMG\City Navigator North America NT 2015.10 on my pc.

I think that there several key points for this procedure to work:

1) You probably need to have previously installed maps into BaseCamp and MapSource.

2) Use GarminMapUpdater(v3.3.3)to attempt to install maps to computer even thought the procedure will probably fail. Apparently, the install goes far enough to unlock the 2015.10 maps. GarminMapUpdater allows you to choose the path to install the maps. I used the default path: c:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps\.

3) With the nuvi connected to the computer (after 2015.10 has been successfully installed), launch BaseCamp. The nuvi should be recognized by BaseCamp. In the panel on the left there are two small progress bars which move from left to right. I am assuming that the maps installed on the nuvi are being copied to BaseCamp as the progress bars move.

4) I'm running Win7 x64. If you're running XP, BaseCamp probably copied the map files somewhere else, rather than AppData in your user directory. To determine where the maps are located use windows search for "City Navigator North America NT 2015.10". If you find the map files then you're probably in luck. If you previously installed maps to some other directory other than C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps, then you'll have to determine where they were installed. Search for the previously installed map version. You can launch MapSource to determine which maps have been previously installed. On my computer, the last version I installed was 2014.3, so I would search for "City Navigator North America NT 2014.30" to determine where to copy the map files.

5) Copy the full directory containing the maps from the location BaseCamp put them to where you had previously installed maps.

6) Disconnect the Garmin, quit BaseCamp and Mapsource if they are running. Re-start BaseCamp and/or Mapsource and you should be able to see the 2015.10 maps.
Mark

BaseCamp

Excuse my ignorance.... what the heck is basecamp? What are the benefits of having it.. I'm not sure I have it or need it..

Thanks

--
Thank You Happy & Safe Travels PJGMIG Nuvi 2598LMTHD

.

gerrydrake wrote:

I was unable to install any of my 4 gpsr's map updates into Mapsource either. Can you explain how you got the map update from Base Camp to Mapsource. I can't figure it out. I don't seem to be able to change the destination folder where the maps go. In GE, the only option I have to install maps to computer, is to destination " C:\program data\garmin\maps." But everytime I try to install, it errors out.

Since you used Garmin Express to download the maps, you can follow Hercegovac's instructions for copying the files from the Garmin Express directory to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

Missing MSI in 2015.10 Computer Install Manifest

hercegovac wrote:

As much as I can see for whatever reason installer file(CNNANT2015_10Update.msi)wasn't downloaded as part of the package. That must be reason that it failed to install the map to computer.

It seems Garmin forgot to include CNNANT2015_10Update.msi in the install to computer manifest.

You'll see this if you compare the 2015.10 and 2014.40 manifests...

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

Thanks for the info., now if

Thanks for the info., now if only the road names around here got corrected. I guess things are changing to quickly in Houston to keep them updated in a timely matter.

Me either.

I was also unable to update the maps to the computer.

Waiting a Few Weeks

I'm going to wait a few weeks to update, allowing them time to fix this sloppy error.

Thank you, Ill try that.

Thank you, Ill try that.

Me too!

DiQuest wrote:

I'm going to wait a few weeks to update, allowing them time to fix this sloppy error.

Sounds like a good plan to me! 2014.40 still works for me.

--
ChefDon

For whatever reason, I feel

For whatever reason, I feel less of a need to update the Garmin maps as soon as they come out. Now, POI Factory's camera updates, that's a different story.

finally...

Just kidding..thanks for the updates you guys.

I WILL

Wait until the next update comes out. Anyone know when that will be.

--
3790LMT; 2595LMT; 3590LMT, 60LMTHD

2015.10 Withdrawn?

Apologies if it has already been mentioned but 2015.10 is not showing as available when I just revved up Garmin Express. Only 2014.40 which is what I already have.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

2015.10

It's showing up when I boot up Garmin Express. Strange that some are not seeing it. Could it be the model of Garmin some are using?

Model specific

spullis wrote:

It's showing up when I boot up Garmin Express. Strange that some are not seeing it. Could it be the model of Garmin some are using?

I have the same issue with a dezl 560LMT, Updated my RV760.So it could be model specific...

--
StreetPilot..Nuvi 265T..785WT..1390...Dezl560..RV760 DriveSmart 65

Missing MSI in 2015.10 ...Seems to be there now

WAASup wrote:
hercegovac wrote:

As much as I can see for whatever reason installer file(CNNANT2015_10Update.msi)wasn't downloaded as part of the package. That must be reason that it failed to install the map to computer.

It seems Garmin forgot to include CNNANT2015_10Update.msi in the install to computer manifest.

You'll see this if you compare the 2015.10 and 2014.40 manifests...

The msi file seems to be listed in the manifest now.
Mark

Thank goodness Garmin is not responsible for anything important

Thank goodness the Garmin people are not responsible for anything health related or critically important.

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Update: Can't find device/not recognized (2595)

Presently, neither Map Updater or Garmin Express can find my 2595. The little circle just spins and spins. Everything was previously removed using Revo and then installed fresh from scratch including the USB drivers and Garmin Communicator. The PC see's it fine and it's the same one I used to successfully install 2014.40 a few months back.

What a mess. I suppose it could be the cable, although it's the only one I have ever used. I'll try a different one and report back.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

updated last night

Thanks to the notes from others I copied my elevation map to the computer before updating and restored it after the update.

--
Illiterate? Write for free help.

Install to Computer Fixed.

It appears that the "install to computer" issue has now been fixed by Garmin. I just ran MapUpdater v3.3.3 against my cloned 3597 and selected "Install to device and computer". This time it completed without posting any errors, and I now do show City Navigator 2015.10 in my Control Panel List of Programs and Features. I didn't try Garmin Express, but I suspect it will now work also, since the problem was reported to be in the map data manifest and not in the software.

Unfortunately, the update still deleted the gmapdem.img file, so Garmin still has that issue to work on.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

2015.10 update out

[/quote]

Find the gmap folder City Navigator North America NT 2015.10.gmap. In my case on a PC using GE it was in C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Core Update Service\MAP-NA-2015-10\IMG\City Navigator North America NT 2015.10.gmap.
Copy the entire folder to the map folder. For me it was in:
C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps

Start the Base Camp. You'll receive a warning that the map hasn't been unlocked. You can either use online option by connecting your GPS and following on screen instruction to retrieve the unlock code or obtaining the unlock code from your my.garmin.com site and entering it manually.
[/quote]

God Bless you. I was so frustrated by this update I was ready to make a new route on my GPS and drive to Olathe to express my umbrage. My dogs are no longer hiding from me.

I tried

alandb wrote:

It appears that the "install to computer" issue has now been fixed by Garmin. I just ran MapUpdater v3.3.3 against my cloned 3597 and selected "Install to device and computer". This time it completed without posting any errors, and I now do show City Navigator 2015.10 in my Control Panel List of Programs and Features. I didn't try Garmin Express, but I suspect it will now work also, since the problem was reported to be in the map data manifest and not in the software.

Unfortunately, the update still deleted the gmapdem.img file, so Garmin still has that issue to work on.

I tried Garmin Express and picked Download to Computer Only. It failed on the same error it has since the map update was released. Attempting Download to Computer Only using MapUpdater 3.3.3. and everything appears to have worked properly. rolleyes So Garmin Express is still a problem.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Install To Computer Still Broken with Express

The .msi file is now downloaded OK, but there is a MD5 checksum error for the file disk1.cab
 
 
Errors from CoreService log:

File is invalid: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Core Update Service\MAP-NA-2015-10\IMG\Disk1.cab
Expected MD5: ccf9e9d1e1f92b26d7e9dd7d88ba5860
Actual MD5: D61B52A619E9DEBEDA700A77DBEF978B

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

Deserves a laugh.

WAASup wrote:

The .msi file is now downloaded OK, but there is a MD5 checksum error for the file disk1.cab
 
 
Errors from CoreService log:

File is invalid: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Core Update Service\MAP-NA-2015-10\IMG\Disk1.cab
Expected MD5: ccf9e9d1e1f92b26d7e9dd7d88ba5860
Actual MD5: D61B52A619E9DEBEDA700A77DBEF978B

A comedy of errors.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Ha-Ha! Express Install to Computer Now Works!!

Disk1.cab is fixed and install to computer completed successfully.

And Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2015.10 appears in program uninstall list...

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

Confirmed

alandb wrote:

It appears that the "install to computer" issue has now been fixed by Garmin. I just ran MapUpdater v3.3.3 against my cloned 3597 and selected "Install to device and computer". This time it completed without posting any errors, and I now do show City Navigator 2015.10 in my Control Panel List of Programs and Features...

GMU3.3.3 also succeeded in installing the map to my Computer (Update Computer Only but with a nuvi attached to unlock the computer's map). I did have to run GMU 4 times. The first three, with minutes left to the download portion of the download/prep/install, GMU simply closed with no error.

Whether this helped or not, my 4th attempt that succeeded was after I had my browser options Delete Temporary Internet Files.

It sounds therefore like GMU and GE will now update to computer, but I see here at the Garmin forum that we're still waiting on a DEM map retention/reinstallation with 2015.10.

TEST of 2015.50

As a test of Garmin Express 3.2.4 and CNNA 2015.10 as of Monday May 19/14, I reinstalled the map update to my DEVICE ONLY. I can confirm that the update DID NOT JUST DELETE the 3D Terrain map GMAPDEM.IMG but instead installed a new file, as the original map update package should have.

On my 3790 the Gmapdem.img files changed from:

April 23, 2010 1.14GB

to

May 19, 2014 594MB

I also tested INSTALL TO COMPUTER ONLY and find that it does now work as well

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Installed. Thank you. Has

Installed.

Thank you. Has the map been updated to show the speed limit changes in Illinois?

Not going to try anymore

I folllowed "herzegovac's" advise and my MapSource and BaseCamp can see the 2015.1 just fine.
======================================================

posted by herzegovac

Find the gmap folder City Navigator North America NT 2015.10.gmap. In my case on a PC using GE it was in C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Core Update Service\MAP-NA-2015-10\IMG\City Navigator North America NT 2015.10.gmap.
Copy the entire folder to the map folder. For me it was in:
C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\Maps

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, DriveSmart 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9
<<Page 5>>