City Navigator 2013.40 North America

 

Has been uploaded to the Garmin servers so it shouldn't be to long before it's released smile

http://download.garmin.com/RMU/_download_manifests/NA/2013_4...

--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk
3 4 5 6 7
<<Page 2>>

Speaker Replacement

Measure the speakers outer diameter and depth then search on Bing. You can glue it in if it doesn't lineup.

Are you sure it is defective? It can be tested with a couple of wires, a cable and a mp3 player or phone.

And

And here I thought this thread was dealing with City Navigator 2013.40 North America.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

well

t923347 wrote:

And here I thought this thread was dealing with City Navigator 2013.40 North America.

Well, it is. But as people will be waiting in line for probably next 2-4 weeks for maps to be available for download they have to talk about something. How long you can repeat "there is still nothing on my account"? So they are just killing time smile

Well, sort of

t923347 wrote:

And here I thought this thread was dealing with City Navigator 2013.40 North America.

Speaker for yourself. wink

A

grzesja wrote:

Well, it is. But as people will be waiting in line for probably next 2-4 weeks for maps to be available for download they have to talk about something. How long you can repeat "there is still nothing on my account"? So they are just killing time smile

A semi educated guess is that they'll see the update available by Wednesday or Thursday of next week (Feb 6 or 7) so hopefully all speaker issues will be solved by then. smile

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

That

t923347 wrote:
grzesja wrote:

Well, it is. But as people will be waiting in line for probably next 2-4 weeks for maps to be available for download they have to talk about something. How long you can repeat "there is still nothing on my account"? So they are just killing time smile

A semi educated guess is that they'll see the update available by Wednesday or Thursday of next week (Feb 6 or 7) so hopefully all speaker issues will be solved by then. smile

That will be good news.
smile

--
1490LMT 1450LMT 295w

thank you!

thank you!

Thanks!

soberbyker wrote:
stevennguyen wrote:
canuk wrote:

Has been uploaded to the Garmin servers so it shouldn't be to long before it's released smile

http://download.garmin.com/RMU/_download_manifests/NA/2013_4...

Thanks!

Wish my in-dash car navigation could be update the same way.

I heard that I did, just got my first car with on board navigation and while I like not having to lug my portable unit around all the time the portable is more feature rich and user friendly.

They should make car navigation with software that user can update easily, just like android or ios with add on apps market.

Samsung already making the TV which could be upgrade to new feature yearly with minor hardware change.

$200

UZA_Dave wrote:
soberbyker wrote:
stevennguyen wrote:
canuk wrote:

Has been uploaded to the Garmin servers so it shouldn't be to long before it's released smile

http://download.garmin.com/RMU/_download_manifests/NA/2013_4...

Thanks!

Wish my in-dash car navigation could be update the same way.

I heard that I did, just got my first car with on board navigation and while I like not having to lug my portable unit around all the time the portable is more feature rich and user friendly.

and the update is $200 surprised

That's why people never update their in dash car maps.

Try doing a search.

5 minutes of an Internet search turned up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Nuvi-Sat-Nav-Replacement-Spea...

Good luck

2013.40

Thanks for the heads up... I'll keep checking with Garmin to see if it shows up.

thanks for heads up!

will keep checking too is update went live. I like new maps ... even tho we no longer often use our Garmin and I personally prefer using my android cell for that matter, but wife relies on Garmin if she gets lost smile

--
Garmin nuvi 2595LMT; Android 5.0 (Samsung GS3)

Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I'll keep my eye open for it.

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Can't wait. I love lifetime

Can't wait. I love lifetime map updates. Too bad the built in Kenwood ones don't have that lifetime free ones too.

From the looks of it. . .

From the looks of it - my submitted updates still did not make the cut - MapQuest uses Navteq maps and is a good indication for what will be on the next update.

--
JRoz -- DriveSmart 55 & Traffic

From what I've observed

Google maps are also updated much quicker than MapQuest.

--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk

>

t923347 wrote:

And here I thought this thread was dealing with City Navigator 2013.40 North America.

I would never change the subject in a post, always stick to the topic...smile
and then there's that island i have for sale

--
2 DriveSmart 65's - We do not live in Igloo's and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

I look forward to the new map release.

Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

--
Larry - Nuvi 680, Nuvi 1690, Nuvi 2797LMT

any word yet ...

on when the new update will be released?

Looking forward to it

The comment about Orlando changes has me interested...

I will be waiting...probably until the next release

Loading maps takes so long that I generally do only 1 or 2 per year. I did the .30 so will likely wait until the next release.

Thank

I'll be looking for it

Good to know. I hope this

Good to know. I hope this fixes some of the issues I have been having with giving me long routes.

MapQuest?

jrozsnaki wrote:

From the looks of it - my submitted updates still did not make the cut - MapQuest uses Navteq maps and is a good indication for what will be on the next update.

Do you mean MapSource?

--
Zumo 550 & Zumo 665 My alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

.

bsp131 wrote:

on when the new update will be released?

Soon... cool

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

Is it here yet?

Is it here yet?

No

dave817 wrote:
jrozsnaki wrote:

From the looks of it - my submitted updates still did not make the cut - MapQuest uses Navteq maps and is a good indication for what will be on the next update.

Do you mean MapSource?

No,I suspect that jrozsnaki means Mapquest, as in Mapquest.com. This site uses Navteq maps, similar to the ones that Garmin uses and those maps get updated on the Mapquest site more frequently than Garmin updates their maps. Therefore, if a change is noted on Mapquest it can be assumed that that change will appear on an upcoming Garmin map update.

Mapsource doesn't have any maps on it's own to display, but can only display the Garmin maps that you have downloaded to your computer.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Nothing Yet

As of Tuesday (2/5) morning.

--
Tuckahoe Mike - Nuvi 3490LMT, Nuvi 260W, iPhone X, Mazda MX-5 Nav

Mapquest is now showing the road that I live on for first time

I just went to Mapquest and it is now showing the road that I live on that was built around two years ago. I guess now the 150+ families that live on it now really exist other than just on Google Maps.

It will be interesting to see if this next map update also will show my road.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

2013.40 Availabilty?

It may be a while longer since it looks like City Navigator Europe has no been relesed yet either.
Many times in the past, Europe was released before North America, but that is not always the case so we will need to remain patient.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Lane Assist

I'm curious to see how THIS version changes Lane Assist. I know in prior versions LA info was cut down yet JV was increased. Time will tell I guess...

--
Garmin: GPSIII / StreetPilot / StreetPilot Color Map / StreetPilot III / StreetPilot 2610 / GPSMAP 60CSx / Nuvi 770 / Nuvi 765T / Nuvi 3490LMT / Drivesmart 55 / GPSMAP 66st * Pioneer: AVIC-80 / N3 / X950BH

Lane Assist feature in decline?

There has been some discussion in another forum about whether the new 3597 nuvi even has the conventional lane assist arrows. None of the promotional pictures that have been published show the multiple lane assist arrows in the upper left corner. So does the Active Lane Guidance feature, which is an animated junction view, completely replace the Lane Assist feature we are familiar with? I hope not. And in any case lets hope that Garmin continues to support and expand the Lane Assist data in the map updates for those of us with the older units.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Thanks. Will update my LMT.

Thanks. Will update my LMT.

--
Street Pilot C340, nuvi 265WT, Mio Moov 300, nuvi 255W, Navigon 2100 (Retired)

Built in navigation

The only way to update an on board GPS system is by SD card or DVD depending on the system.

--
jservin4him

Check out

alandb wrote:

There has been some discussion in another forum about whether the new 3597 nuvi even has the conventional lane assist arrows. None of the promotional pictures that have been published show the multiple lane assist arrows in the upper left corner. So does the Active Lane Guidance feature, which is an animated junction view, completely replace the Lane Assist feature we are familiar with? I hope not. And in any case lets hope that Garmin continues to support and expand the Lane Assist data in the map updates for those of us with the older units.

Check out http://www.poi-factory.com/node/38915 and you'll see that there will be Lane Assist, Active Lane Guidance, and JV depending on the intersection being displayed, on the 3597. What we haven't confirmed is whether Garmin will move away from Lane Assist and straight Junction Views to only Active Lane Guidance over time.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Older Models w/Map Update

t923347 wrote:
alandb wrote:

There has been some discussion in another forum about whether the new 3597 nuvi even has the conventional lane assist arrows. None of the promotional pictures that have been published show the multiple lane assist arrows in the upper left corner. So does the Active Lane Guidance feature, which is an animated junction view, completely replace the Lane Assist feature we are familiar with? I hope not. And in any case lets hope that Garmin continues to support and expand the Lane Assist data in the map updates for those of us with the older units.

Check out http://www.poi-factory.com/node/38915 and you'll see that there will be Lane Assist, Active Lane Guidance, and JV depending on the intersection being displayed, on the 3597. What we haven't confirmed is whether Garmin will move away from Lane Assist and straight Junction Views to only Active Lane Guidance over time.

I know. I wrote that post from what I observed at CES but being that I still have a 3490LMT, I was wondering how the new update would affect older models with LA. I have a feeling (from what I saw) that there will be more JV's with animated active lane guidance going forward on the new units but will the old units suffer a data loss of LA's being that they cannot provide active lane guidance? TBD!

--
Garmin: GPSIII / StreetPilot / StreetPilot Color Map / StreetPilot III / StreetPilot 2610 / GPSMAP 60CSx / Nuvi 770 / Nuvi 765T / Nuvi 3490LMT / Drivesmart 55 / GPSMAP 66st * Pioneer: AVIC-80 / N3 / X950BH

Did I miss it?

Did I miss it?

--
Nuvi 3790LMT, Nuvi 760 Lifetime map, Lifetime NavTraffic, Garmin E-Trex Legend Just because "Everyone" drives badly does not mean you have to.

Thanks

Appreciate the heads up.

Unfortunately, sometimes you

Unfortunately, sometimes you have to get the in car, but then you have a very nice niche location for your Garmin.

LoL

.

dave817 wrote:
jrozsnaki wrote:

From the looks of it - my submitted updates still did not make the cut - MapQuest uses Navteq maps and is a good indication for what will be on the next update.

Do you mean MapSource?

No - I meant MapQuest.com - check it out they use Navteq for their maps.

--
JRoz -- DriveSmart 55 & Traffic

Map update

Thanks

I hope the 2013.40 release

I hope the 2013.40 release is out this week. I thought it would be out already. Fingers crossed...

To anyone who takes the

To anyone who takes the first day plunge please report back with any issues. Thanks

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Arghhhh!

On the road for a couple of month with just a pay-as-you-go hotspot. Have to wait till I get home to update!

--
Garmin 205, 260W, 1450LMT, 2460LMT, HEREwego for iPhone ... all still mapping strong.

Much appreciated!

Much appreciated!

--
romanviking

when is the 2013.40 maps coming out?

When is the 2013.40 maps coming out??????

.

should be anyday now

--
nuvi 2757LM-65LM-65LM

How much longer?

How much longer?

Just a little bit...

sydric wrote:

How much longer?

Just a little bit...

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...
3 4 5 6 7
<<Page 2>>