new & interesting places for your GPS

List of Custom Vehicles

 

As a request by someone to make it easier to find this list on a front page, I couldn't think of anyway to do it except create a new thread. Below is a list of links to Custom Vehicle Icons for your GPS compatible unit. Please link to the original thread for any discussions and how to's:
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/9738

A jpg file of most of the vehicles is listed here:

arrow http://www.clintsworld.com/temp/nuvi_vehicles.jpg

This sight is updated regulary with hundreds of vehicles to choose from. Thanks for the great work, It's a great webpage.
www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com

grin Thanks to aarrgghh for creating some great custom vehicles!

Star Wars Landspeeders
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/09/all-thats-missing...

Tron light cycles
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/06/all-thats-missing...

Darth Vaders Tie Fighter
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/04/force-missing-all...

Star Trek Shuttles
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/04/all-thats-missing...

Batmobiles (40's,50's Tumbler)
and Mach 5 (Speed Racer)
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/02/aarrgghhz-carz.ht...

TV Batmoblie
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/02/all-thats-missing...

Beatles Yellow Submarine
http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/2008/02/all-thats-missing...

And to all the others, there are so many! shock

Thanks to raptrflite for creating these:
Shelby Cobra, Airwolf, Corvette, Millenium Falcon, Mustang, Snowspeeder
http://sites.google.com/site/raptorbase/

Ford Model T, Corvettes, Porsche's, Planes, Star Wars, Star Trek.
www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com

Mini Coopers
http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/defaul...

BMW Z3 and Z4
http://www.ecarter.net/midwest/nuvi.htm

Smart car and Lexus suv
http://techmods.net/nuvi/vehicles/

Garmin Garage
http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html

Older Garmin Vehicles
http://web.archive.org/web/20070410093143/www.garmin.com/veh...

VW Van-White
http://odometer.org/misc/vanagon_gps_avatar.zip

Honda Element
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0520c6c3e73894bc8c9e7c56b...
Better file = http://rapidshare.com/files/60108418/Element_Garmin.zip.html

Toyota 4Runner
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachment.php?s+a8dd25a883403...

Cross Hairs
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/xhairs.zip

Silver Scion
http://www.mediafire.com/?eiey9bjgf2k

Compass
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/comprose.zip

White Truck
http://totalfarker.googlepages.com/WhiteTruck.srf

Black Volkswagen Golf
http://home.planet.nl/~knol0401/vwgolf3.srf

Jeep Wrangler, Fiat Punto, Smart, Mini
http://www.nodimarinari.it/Utility.htm

FJ Cruiser: Blue, Yellow, Titanium
http://www.mediafire.com/?0jxrwgrrxby

FJ Cruiser: Red
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums\attachments/stereo-electronics/18742d1199225149-yellow-fj-marker-your-garmin-nuvi-brick.zip

FJ Cruiser: Tan
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums\attachments/stereo-electronics/18745d1199225749-yellow-fj-marker-your-garmin-nuvi-sand.zip

Many Different Vehicles (Mustang, Land Rover, Viper, Honda, Hummer (Site in German)
Requires .rar program to uzip files
http://www.alice-dsl.net/fahrzeuge/html/fahrzeuge_1.html

Mario Kart
http://www.badongo.com/file/8878953

Subaru WRX Wagon
http://www.badongo.com/file/10204697

Honda Ridgeline
http://www.redisant.net/ridge2.zip

Some of Garmins "older" vehicles
http://web.archive.org/web/20070410093143/www.garmin.com/veh...

Converting png and srf files to create your own
http://www.techmods.net/nuvi/

2 3 4 5 ... 9
Page 1>>

list of custom vehicles

Thanks for the list of vehicles it's good..

I can download them but how

I can download them but how do you get them in your nuvi to work as a replacement for the one I am using? Where do you save it?

look in vehicle folder on nuvi

gerrydrake wrote:

I can download them but how do you get them in your nuvi to work as a replacement for the one I am using? Where do you save it?

When you hook your nuvi to your computer, you would go into the nuvi drive and find the folder marked "Vehicles" and just put the .srf file you want in that folder.

Thank you.

Thank you.

FJ TOYOTA

This link doesn't work

--
Glenn - Southern MD; SP C330 / Nuvi 750 / Nuvi 265WT

Awesome!

Thanks for consolidating this.

I'd love to create some of my own files. How long does it take to learn the process? Hours?

Thx.

--
(2) Nuvi 1450LMT + (2) 265WT New England region

.

Click on the first link in the first post in this thread for that information.

Jeep Wrangler

The Jeep Wrangler is a good detailed file.

When would you see anything other than top & back of a vehicle?

I've used both 3D and 2D views of my nuvi 250W's maps, and I see just the top and back of the vehicle icon. Yes, when making a quick turn in a parking lot, I've seen another face of the vehicle flicker by. But never for more that a fraction of a second.

When does one see more than the top and back of a vehicle icon?

TIA.

--
Garmin nüvi 250W | Garmin eTrex "yellow" | TomTom GO 910

When Stopped

CaseyGuy wrote:

I've used both 3D and 2D views of my nuvi 250W's maps, and I see just the top and back of the vehicle icon. Yes, when making a quick turn in a parking lot, I've seen another face of the vehicle flicker by. But never for more that a fraction of a second.

When does one see more than the top and back of a vehicle icon?

TIA.

When you are stopped for one. The unit will rotate the vehicle at times since there are variations with the sats and earth rotating.

How to view the front.

CaseyGuy wrote:

I've used both 3D and 2D views of my nuvi 250W's maps, and I see just the top and back of the vehicle icon. Yes, when making a quick turn in a parking lot, I've seen another face of the vehicle flicker by. But never for more that a fraction of a second.

When does one see more than the top and back of a vehicle icon?

TIA.

If you mount the GPS to the rear window of your vehicle, you will see the front of the vehicle icon after it recalibrates. As you drive, the GPS will compensate for the new orientation & reverse the image revealing the front of the vehicle icon. It knows that a vehicle can not drive in reverse at speeds of 55mph thus knowing to make a change. Depending upon your GPS accuracy, total realignment will take about 5 - 10 minutes of CONTINOUS driving. That is why you only see the side for a flicker as you make a quick sharp turn. If your GPS is WAAS capable, activate it & it should align a little faster. It would be safer to have a passenger with you to monitor the GPS. You want to make sure to keep your eyes on the road.

--
"Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning"

When would you see anything other than top & back of a vehicle?

Thanks, guys. That explains why I've rarely seen anything but the top and back of my vehicle icons. And now I know that, if I ever see the front of the vehicle icon while the unit is on my dashboard, something's definitely wrong with the way I'm driving! smile

--
Garmin nüvi 250W | Garmin eTrex "yellow" | TomTom GO 910

CUSTOM CARS

is there a way to change the color of a garmin srf vechicle?

thanks

--
Everyday is a GREAT day :)

Yes

werskine wrote:

is there a way to change the color of a garmin srf vechicle?

thanks

Yes, read the thread linked at the top of this page.

Like the White Truck

I like the white truck. It has resemblance to my Toyota Tundra

I assume you're joking

WildBill wrote:

If you mount the GPS to the rear window of your vehicle, you will see the front of the vehicle icon after it recalibrates.

But I feel compelled to point it out lest we have a bunch of people here trying to drive and look at their GPSr through the rear-view mirror.

Unless a GPSr has an internal electronic compass, it has no idea which way it's facing. It knows only which direction it's moving.

Great Job!!!

PaulATL wrote:

As a request by someone to make it easier to find this list on a front page, I couldn't think of anyway to do it except create a new thread. Below is a list of links to Custom Vehicle Icons for your GPS compatible unit.

Thanks PaulATL, I love the speed racer Mach 5 and the 4 Runner one. smile

--
Nuvi 350 with a Toyota 4x4 Runner

how bout toyotas?

one for a 9th gen corolla please!!!

--
A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of gallons left in the tank.

Some of these are a hoot!

Some of these are a hoot! Thanks for reminding me that my Garmin is really made for FUN!!!

I spent some time looking

I spent some time looking through the creation steps - - far more involved than I had realized. It appears to me folks are taking pictures of models/toys on a rotating turntable and creating a file of multiple shots to generate the required images. No thanks smile

On a another note, I downloaded some additional .srf files and getting odd reactions from my 360. Sometimes the pink navigating line doesn't show up at all. The unit is locking up on occasion. The vehicles are too small in relation to the width of the pink line. The pink line looks bloated at times. Very strange.

I should probably delete a few of those recent downloads.

--
(2) Nuvi 1450LMT + (2) 265WT New England region

sweet now I can have an Jeep

sweet now I can have an Jeep on my Nuvi when I am in my Jeep

Have a Jeep

I was happy when I found that one to I drive a jeep and use it now. If only it was dark green, that would be even better.

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

April FOoLs...

bwarden wrote:
WildBill wrote:

If you mount the GPS to the rear window of your vehicle, you will see the front of the vehicle icon after it recalibrates.

But I feel compelled to point it out lest we have a bunch of people here trying to drive and look at their GPSr through the rear-view mirror.

Unless a GPSr has an internal electronic compass, it has no idea which way it's facing. It knows only which direction it's moving.

Well, I wasn't able to get onto the site on April 1st & this post was started the night before. CaseyGuys post just set it all up. smile

PaulATL - Thank you for making this "Virtual Car Lot" for everyone to find the current vehicles available. Great idea!

--
"Second star to the right, straight on 'til morning"

updated list

The list at the start of this thread has been updated.

Thanks for the great work aarrgghh! grin

May the force be with you!

suggestions

1989 batmobile
ghostbuster's ecto-1 (1959 cadillac miller meteor)
TMNT Turtle Van
Kit from Knight Rider
The General Lee from Dukes of Hazard
um... a flying carpet from aladdin!
optimus prime from transformers (or any of those characters)
Lightning McQueen from Disney/Pixar's Cars - or any of the characters from the movie.. Mater would be funny)
an Arwing from StarFox
Yoshi, with mario on his back (ala mario world)
a jurassic park jeep

my fav right now is the tumbler.. but ive onyl seen the back and an angle of it.. for like a 10th of a sec. it hasnt tumbled.. maybe thats a good thing.

i can think of more.. but im tired.. good night.

--
A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of gallons left in the tank.

i just thought of this...

vehicles from Twisted Metal!

--
A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of gallons left in the tank.

V1 RD

V1 RD as a vehicle!!!

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Oh my GOD...

I just got my nuvi350 this week and I think I may have just opened Pandora's Box, here. I used game sprites to make a MarioKart vehicle icon. It works great for me. Game sprites are PERFECT for making icons since they have LOTS of 360 animated .gifs that can be layered and added to an original .srf file. I can't wait to see what comes next with the creators out there. StarFox Arwing is my next attempt.

This is a link to where I put it on a free upload site. ENJOY!

http://www.badongo.com/file/8878953

.

Anyone ever seen a white pick-up with regular size wheels? Preferably Ford crew-cab.

--
nuvi 200 | lifetime maps

yesss

arwing!!!!

oh and im filipino.. and i think a jeepney would be cool.

--
A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of gallons left in the tank.

RC!

i just saw toy story and i thought the green RC would be cool to add on here... with woody and buzz on it.

--
A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of gallons left in the tank.

Custom F150 for my Nuvi 660.

Hey guys. Im looking for a Black Ford F150 FX4 to load into my nuvi 660. Anybody no where i can down load it or would somebody out there be nice enough to make one for me.

Thanks.

Irish.

--
Nuvi 660. Nuvi 40 Check out. www.houserentalsorlando.com Irish Saying. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.

2007 Black chevy Avalanche for my Nuvi 660

Help. Dose anybody know where i can download a Black Chevy Avalanche icon for my Nuvi 660?

Thanks in advance,
Ray

PaulATL wrote: As a request

PaulATL wrote:

As a request by someone to make it easier to find this list on a front page, I couldn't think of anyway to do it except create a new thread. Below is a list of links to Custom Vehicle Icons for your GPS compatible unit. Please link to the original thread for any discussions and how to's:
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/9738

A jpg file of most of the vehicles is listed here:

arrow http://www.clintsworld.com/temp/nuvi_vehicles.jpg

grin Thanks to aarrgghh for creating some great custom vehicles!

Mini Coopers
http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/defaul...

I can't get this to open for me. When I click on it I hit custom Mini Zip Files...then yellow ... then yellow minis ... download yellow yellow top ,...I get a box that says "Do you want to save this file, or find a program online to open it?" I hit find and I go to the sony website to download the software and it says its not compatible with my system. I have windows XP. So again... I don't know what to do from here. HELP!!!

You're Almost There!

yellowminiaz wrote:
PaulATL wrote:

I can't get this to open for me. When I click on it I hit custom Mini Zip Files...then yellow ... then yellow minis ... download yellow yellow top ,...I get a box that says "Do you want to save this file, or find a program online to open it?" I hit find and I go to the sony website to download the software and it says its not compatible with my system. I have windows XP. So again... I don't know what to do from here. HELP!!!

OK, you had everything right except hitting the find button. You need to click "save" and you the will get a pop up to save it to a destination. Just save it to your computer then drag and drop this file into your "vehicle" folder on your Garmin compatible GPS. The file is already a .srf file. All you need to do then is go into your setup page in Garmin and select the mini vehicle. smile

ok now what?

PaulATL wrote:
yellowminiaz wrote:
PaulATL wrote:

I can't get this to open for me. When I click on it I hit custom Mini Zip Files...then yellow ... then yellow minis ... download yellow yellow top ,...I get a box that says "Do you want to save this file, or find a program online to open it?" I hit find and I go to the sony website to download the software and it says its not compatible with my system. I have windows XP. So again... I don't know what to do from here. HELP!!!

OK, you had everything right except hitting the find button. You need to click "save" and you the will get a pop up to save it to a destination. Just save it to your computer then drag and drop this file into your "vehicle" folder on your Garmin compatible GPS. The file is already a .srf file. All you need to do then is go into your setup page in Garmin and select the mini vehicle. smile

Ok thats good to know. Thanks so much. Now my NUVI didnt come with a cd to put on my computer. I downloaded Webupdater from Garmin. I don't know where I would have a "vehicle folder on my Garmin. Not sure where the setup page is. I told you I am computer dumb. LOL. Thanks for your help.

USB Cable

Your nuvi should have come with a USP cable like the one here https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1345 All you should need to do is plug the cable into your computer and the nuvi. Once it recognizes the drive, go to my computer, then look fo the Garmin nuvi drive (G:), double click it then follow this path: Garmin, Vehicle. Drag and drop the mini srf file into this vehicle folder and then safely disconnect from your computer. When you boot up follow the procedure in the previous post to change the vehicle. smile

FYI...Since you are new...Don't mess around with any of the other files.

My NUVI didn't come with a

My NUVI didn't come with a usb/cable... this is what came in the box https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=9160. But I do have one. So I will try that. Thanks again for your help.

It worked. I love it.

It worked. I love it. Thanks for all your help!!!

The list was updated 6/7/08

The list was updated to include the Tron Light Cycles designed by Aargghh. Another great piece of work! grin

Many thanks Aargghh for the

Many thanks Aargghh for the Darth Vader Tie Fighter and Tron Light Cycles as well as other vehicles. They look really great on my device; very clean, sharp, no artifacts and professional looking! Keep up the great work! grin

--
Peter

Thanks for the summery

Thanks for the summery. We like to change the icons to make time go by.

Thanks

Thanks for the links...

3 New Vehicles

There are three new vehicles in Garmin's Garage (Big Daddy, Lil Buddy and Lil Missy). They are getting better with some of their selection.

http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html

Selections are getting better

Nice Link. Selections are definitley getting better. Thanks for pointing out the new additions.

I cant figure out where to

I cant figure out where to find the link fot the motorcycle sportblack icon. Where do I get it from?

Use Web Updater

Mr.BiGG wrote:

I cant figure out where to find the link fot the motorcycle sportblack icon. Where do I get it from?

The sport black motorcycle will be a selection when you hook up to web updater. Run webupdater then when you get to the other updates list, scroll through and you should see a bunch of other vehicles. (it's where they will have voices too)

thanks

Thanks for the new vehicles. They're great.

did anyone notice what im

did anyone notice what im noticing with the orange honda element? there wasnt enough space left on the egdes so you can actually see it when you turn... maybe not a big deal but still...

--
A pedestrian is someone who thought there were a couple of gallons left in the tank.

So how do you....

Load the custom vehicles once you have downloaded them and unzipped them. Yeah, yeah..I'm a nube.

--
Charlie
2 3 4 5 ... 9
Page 1>>

sponsored links