new & interesting places for your GPS

Avoid Enforcement Camera locations.

 

What do you think about programing navigation units to avoid Enforcement Camera locations?

I believe that could only be done by the manufacturer, and would be an option like avoiding toll roads or freeways.

--
Nuvi 265WT & Edge 705

I wouldn't personally avoid

I wouldn't personally avoid them and get detoured way out of my way. As long as you are aware that they are there and don't run a stoplight, you are all good!

--
Charley - Nuvi 350 - Bel STI Driver - Cobra 29 w/ wilson 1000 - AIM: asianfire -

Avoidance

I don't go out of my way to avoid them either. But a "heads-up" reminder from the GPS keeps me from doing something stupid. mrgreen

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2014.30 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

You could go crazy in some cities

Some cities have a LOT of cameras. You might end up with a really convoluted route in some areas as it tries to avoid them all.

Try that in NYC

johnc wrote:

Some cities have a LOT of cameras. You might end up with a really convoluted route in some areas as it tries to avoid them all.

Try that in NYC, you never get anywhere, just be going around and around!

--
Nuvi 50LM Nuvi 2555LM

Not Worth It

So far my brain matter hasn't disolved yet so I try to remember them and approach with caution since I frequently travel in those locations and if I'm not using the nuvi.

I agree

To me it would not be worth it... I live in the Atlanta Area (Gwinnett County) and they seem to have fallen in love with the blame things. I made a 7 mile trip the other night and went through 6 Red Light camera intersections!!!

Pathetic!!!

jb

Missing fun

And miss all the pretty flashing lights while other drivers trigger the redlight cameras? mrgreen

--
nüvi 750 & 760

Missing Fun

spider_elliott wrote:

And miss all the pretty flashing lights while other drivers trigger the redlight cameras? mrgreen

Sometimes the little lights flash a lot. I sat and watched for a 1/2 hr. one day. There were 20 flashs in that time and it was a slow day.

ohwogo nuvi 750

Red Light Cameras

ohwogo wrote:
spider_elliott wrote:

And miss all the pretty flashing lights while other drivers trigger the redlight cameras? mrgreen

Sometimes the little lights flash a lot. I sat and watched for a 1/2 hr. one day. There were 20 flashs in that time and it was a slow day.

ohwogo nuvi 750

I did the same when they installed them in my old neighborhood, sat in the KFC across the street I lost count in the hour I was enjoying the 3 piece meal.

Different Here

I guess in Texas people are too cheap to run the red light camera since several cities are removing them because they are not paying enough to cover the cost.

Go Texas

Mike107 wrote:

I guess in Texas people are too cheap to run the red light camera since several cities are removing them because they are not paying enough to cover the cost.

I thought that the good folks of the Lone Star State were exercising their god given right of self defence and were shooting them to Kodak heaven smile

--
"Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam" “When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.”

Avoid red light cams

It is better to know where they are than to avoid them.
In Toronto, Ontario, Canada they stop installation of cams for now, because they realized the revenue is not as great as they expected. I can see them installing more cams when the economy is better and there are more people driving.

--
Gps! ask where to go and get there! Best of all, what we need is to have accurate pois to reach all destinations

sponsored links