what poi's would you like to see on here.

 

what poi's would you like to see on here.
let me know-i'll get on it right away!
thnx!

--
proud daddy of a bouncing baby nuvi 260w girl!
3 4 5 6 ... 10 20 27
<<Page 2>>

It was posted the day you asked..

Or was it you? Anyway caused quite a stir among the natives... but not me cuz I love bush....

And I said to myself: "Gary, let it go" then the devil got the better of me, and besides I have an excuse the earth is lop-sided... Or something

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Another request would be

Another request would be Chick-fil-a for Pennsylvania. If you could do the whole USA that would be great also.

I would make the Papa John's and Chick-fil-a by myself but I don't know how to get all their addresses without using their store locator.

--
Nuvi 350 Nuvi 3597LMT Nuvi 1450LMT Nuvi 55LM

Chipotle Grill locations.

Chipotle Grill locations.

What Kind Of POI ?

How about a real good ONE or TWO finger POI !!

--
"Those that stop and smell the roses, must realize that once in awhile you may get a whiff of fertilizer."..copyright:HDHannah1986 -Mercedes GPS - UCONNECT 430N Chrysler T&C - Nuvi 2598- Nuni2555 - Nuvi855 - Nuvi295W - Nuvi 750 - Ique 3600

Chipotle Grill locations

There is already a good one for Chipotle Grills. in the POI's under restrauants.

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Another request for Hyundai dealers

Quixoti wrote:

I'd like to have a POI of all the Hyundai dealers. When traveling, I may need repairs to my car. Perhaps the same for other makes of automobiles.

Another vote here for Hyundai dealers.

Thanks, Nick

--
Nick

Just a Question

I have a question. We are a Hyundai franchise, and I have access to the Nuvi 360's that are preloaded with a Hyundai dealer database. Is it legal for me to upload the coordinates from that? I don't want to get in trouble by using someones information. Miss POI, Help!!!

--
Steve

POI'S

how is the PaPa Johns coming along??!!

--
Everyday is a GREAT day :)

How about Farmer's Markets?

How about Farmer's Markets? This category is overlooked on my Garmin. We are always looking for them in new rural areas we are driving through.

Outer Banks, NC -

Outer Banks, NC - Restaurants, historical landmarks, fishing piers, marinas, shopping, lighthouses etc.
Thanks

How about Famous Grave Sites?

I'll start it off, since we have famous death sites I thought famous graves would be interesting.

Hank Williams Grave
Oakwood Cemetary
Montgomery, AL

-86.291067, 32.385434

Fabric stores in the US I

Fabric stores in the US
I also Like the Farmers Markets in the US.
Thanks

nope

stevek8n9 wrote:

I have a question. We are a Hyundai franchise, and I have access to the Nuvi 360's that are preloaded with a Hyundai dealer database. Is it legal for me to upload the coordinates from that? I don't want to get in trouble by using someones information. Miss POI, Help!!!

Nope can't use that data.

Miss POI

That's what I thought

miss poi wrote:
stevek8n9 wrote:

I have a question. We are a Hyundai franchise, and I have access to the Nuvi 360's that are preloaded with a Hyundai dealer database. Is it legal for me to upload the coordinates from that? I don't want to get in trouble by using someones information. Miss POI, Help!!!

Nope can't use that data.

Miss POI

That's what I thought, but that's why I asked.

--
Steve

Dog parks..

How about Dog parks for the Midwest, or the US?

Bike Shops

I would like to see one for Bicycle shops. I drove around for an hour last week looking for chain lube!

--
Magellan Maestro 4250, T-Mobile G1 with Google Maps, iPaq with TomTom, and a Tapwave Zodiac with TomTom and Mapopolis

adult stores

i'm working on it.
since it's riding season, it may take me a little while.

--
proud daddy of a bouncing baby nuvi 260w girl!

Dodge

How about Dodge Dealerships

Auto parts, such as NAPA

When traveling through unfamiliar towns, the locations of places where I could buy motorcycle oil, such as NAPA stores and the like. I already have motorcycle dealers as POIs, but they can be few and far between.

--
Mike Schuyler

>>

mwSchuyler wrote:

When traveling through unfamiliar towns, the locations of places where I could buy motorcycle oil, such as NAPA stores and the like. I already have motorcycle dealers as POIs, but they can be few and far between.

here's Autozone

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/14179

--
******************Garmin Nüvi 1300T****************Member 6523*******************

what poi's would you like to see on here.

I would like to see a list of Karaoke bars in Canada and the US. There are over 150 Karaoke showes a week going on in Calgary. I would like to try out some new ones when i'm on the road.

Have a great day.

Wayne

I would love to see all ski

I would love to see all ski and snowboard areas in the US. I ski race, so every weekend is a different mountain.
I am more than willing to help out but I don't know the first thing about compiling these files.

>>>

foy1der wrote:

I would love to see all ski and snowboard areas in the US. I ski race, so every weekend is a different mountain.
I am more than willing to help out but I don't know the first thing about compiling these files.

If you would like, download an existing POI from this site and open it with Excel or Notepad. You can see the structure from this and create your own POI based on this structure. smile

--
******************Garmin Nüvi 1300T****************Member 6523*******************

How about

Beaches on oceans and lakes

--
R/Tim NUVI 660, ETREX Vista, Rhino 120, zumo 660, nuvi 3790

Waffle House

I would like to have every Waffle House across the country. The POI file currently on here only has the southeast.

Beaches

Deepstryke wrote:

Beaches on oceans and lakes

beaches are already here.

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/10303

--
******************Garmin Nüvi 1300T****************Member 6523*******************

POI Challenge

My dog would like to have a list of motels that allow dogs. The only one I know of for sure is La Quinta but they are not always available. It would be a great help in planning a trip or when you are on the road and haven't planned ahead.

Pets Welcome files

Here is what we have so far Mike http://www.poi-factory.com/node/10677

Miss POI

POI Files

I would like to see a file listing Army Corps of Engineer camping sites sorted by states.

--
Hillclimber

On my 350/360...

A MUCH BRIGHTER SCREEN, MORE EASILY READ IN SUNLIGHT!

--
"Backward, turn backward, oh time in your flight, make me a child again, just for tonight."

How about a list of Sticky

How about a list of Sticky Fingers restaurants and a list of Yamaha motorcycle dealers? Just a thought.

Grass Hills

OK...so here's a weird one. Ever hear of ice blocking or ice cubing? It's where kids sit down on a block of ice and slide down a grassy hill. Unfortunately here in southern California, there's not too many grassy hills due to all the development and the topography. There are plenty of parks with open grassy areas, but it's tough to find a hilly one. Any interest in creating a POI for grassy hills in public areas?

Thanks

POIs

I would like to see a file with photo worthy places in it. Places you would stop if you were traveling across country. Those in National Parks are already here, it's the other stuff. Worlds largest, smallest, etc. One of a kind stuff (or nearly so) like Craters.

--
ww4cash

Whataburgers

Whataburgers

--
Nüvi 760 since Xmas.

what poi's

I would like a bed & breakfast

--

A list

bowhntr1972 wrote:

How about a list of Sticky Fingers restaurants and a list of Yamaha motorcycle dealers? Just a thought.

There is already a poi made for Yamaha motorcycle dealers. http://www.poi-factory.com/node/6216

Also, I'm currently working on the whataburgers. Expect to see it in the next few days. smile

--
Nuvi 350 Nuvi 3597LMT Nuvi 1450LMT Nuvi 55LM

BJ's

A listing of all BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse locations might be a good one. Sadly, there aren't really any very near to where I live.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

--
GPSMAP 76CSx - nüvi 760 - nüvi 200 - GPSMAP 78S

.

thrak wrote:

A listing of all BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse locations might be a good one. Sadly, there aren't really any very near to where I live.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

I'm on it!
I just uploaded the file for whataburgers a couple minutes ago. Expect to see it by tomorrow.

EDIT:Wow, there really isn't a lot of Bj's restaurants than I thought there would be. By the way I finished them and they should be up tomorrow.

--
Nuvi 350 Nuvi 3597LMT Nuvi 1450LMT Nuvi 55LM

emanjungle wrote: what

emanjungle wrote:

what poi's would you like to see on here.
let me know-i'll get on it right away!
thnx!

KRYSTAL BURGERS!!!! I want so very much!!!

Not new but update?

Not sure where this would be best... How about an update to the NASCAR race shop poi's Don't have a clue how to do it myself but found this site with many shops that aren't in the current one.

http://visitcabarrus.com/listings/index.cfm?action=showSub&c...

Would be willing to do some searching myself to help whoever feels up to updating.

Thanks,
Brian

Oh, yeah and what 1weird1 said... Krystals!

--
Brian Garmin nuvi 255W

Maintainer

JAFOZ28 wrote:

Not sure where this would be best... How about an update to the NASCAR race shop poi's Don't have a clue how to do it myself but found this site with many shops that aren't in the current one.

http://visitcabarrus.com/listings/index.cfm?action=showSub&c...

Would be willing to do some searching myself to help whoever feels up to updating.

Thanks,
Brian

That file is maintained by fletchfb. If you send him a message through his contact form I'm sure he will take the changes you have and update the file.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2019.30 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

Supply Houses

Construction, plumbing, electrical, etc., supply houses and home depots. I work in hvac and everyone I know and work with rocks a gps. A list of supply houses would be pretty sweet (though boring to most people i'm guessing.)

-peace

--
Ps. 9:1

constructionmike

constructionmike wrote:

Construction, plumbing, electrical, etc., supply houses and home depots. I work in hvac and everyone I know and work with rocks a gps. A list of supply houses would be pretty sweet (though boring to most people i'm guessing.

We have a poi here for Home Depot and Lowes.
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/5969
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/14225

--
Nuvi 350 Nuvi 3597LMT Nuvi 1450LMT Nuvi 55LM

What happends when you load

What happends when you load poi's and lets say theay already exist on the unit? Does it overwrite it or it just wont copy? Im new!

it writes over it...

wink

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

WOW!

bluestring wrote:
thrak wrote:

A listing of all BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse locations might be a good one. Sadly, there aren't really any very near to where I live.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

I'm on it!
I just uploaded the file for whataburgers a couple minutes ago. Expect to see it by tomorrow.

EDIT:Wow, there really isn't a lot of Bj's restaurants than I thought there would be. By the way I finished them and they should be up tomorrow.

Wow! That's service!!! I was surprised to see the POI file up today. Many thanks!

NOTE: I first discovered BJ's due to geocaching. There is a series of geocaches called "Ummm Beer" that are located at brewhouses. I've found the ones titled:
Ummm Beer #2 - Roseville
Ummm Beer - North Sac
Both of these were at a BJ's

I've yet to find the ones titled:
Ummm Beer - Davis
Ummm Beer - Folsom
Ummm Beer: BSR’s Fiefdom
I don't know if these are at BJ's sites or not but I'd suspect that, at least, the one in Folsom is a BJ's location.

--
GPSMAP 76CSx - nüvi 760 - nüvi 200 - GPSMAP 78S

Veterinarian Hospital

How about a POI for Animal Hospital or Veterinarians? Thanks.

Out of the way campsites.

Out of the way campsites. Something only a backpacker can get to.

What I want to see

I'll second the Outer Banks POI suggestion.

I'd also like a POI for public aquariums.

Karl

If someone wants to do

If someone wants to do something for public aquariums, here a link for zoos and aquariums. http://www.google.com/Top/Science/Institutions/Zoos_and_Aqua...

--
Nuvi 350 Nuvi 3597LMT Nuvi 1450LMT Nuvi 55LM
3 4 5 6 ... 10 20 27
<<Page 2>>