What's New in Version 2.0
● New design for iPad
● Enhanced navigation including live traffic updates and incident reports
● Explore: A new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
● Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
● Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers
● Indoor maps with walking directions for malls, transit stations, airports and more
Google Maps is morphing into a real navigation app, very quietly.
I updated early this morning and I am very pleased. There are third-party Google Maps apps for the iPad but all of them for some reason distort the StreetView images. The new iPad app does not do that so obviously Google has some secret method of displaying the images that they are not sharing with competitive app developers.
I can see google coming out with a gps system very soon.
Apps on smart devices are plenty... they get all those people to data mine via their apps... and turn around and sell all that mined data. Perfect world for them. They don't need to produce a stand alone navigation device.
Just updated Google maps. Not bad. Thanks for the information.
I just updated mine today. Just gets better with every update.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2019