new & interesting places for your GPS

Trouble Uploading itinerary from Tyretotravel

 

I made an itenary in Tyre for a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN.
I saved it in my POI folder. I am having trouble uploading it to my device. I followed the directions as stated here:
http://www.tyretotravel.com/tyredata/help6/english
What am I missing?
Thank You.

--
Mike TOMTOM XL335 and VIA 1535

Hello?

Bumping this.

--
Mike TOMTOM XL335 and VIA 1535

.

Are you sure that your particular model supports itinerary planning? (Not all models do.) When you page through the items on the main menu of the GPS device do you see "Itinerary planning" as one of the options?

--
TomTom GO 720 (for driving), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (for walking)

XL335 IP

VersatileGuy wrote:

Are you sure that your particular model supports itinerary planning? (Not all models do.) When you page through the items on the main menu of the GPS device do you see "Itinerary planning" as one of the options?

Yes, the XL335 series has itinerary planning.

What is your specific problem?

navycop wrote:

I made an itenary in Tyre for a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN.
I saved it in my POI folder. I am having trouble uploading it to my device. I followed the directions as stated here:
http://www.tyretotravel.com/tyredata/help6/english
What am I missing?
Thank You.

When you say that you are having trouble uploading to your GPS, exactly what is your problem?

Do you mean that the file will not transfer to your GPS, or that it transfers but the GPS does not recognize the existence of your itinerary? These are two very different problems, and the possible cause of the issue would depend upon which event is occurring.

Fortunately, the XXL335 is one of the models that allows access to the file system of the GPS itself, so you can confirm whether or not the itinerary transferred to the GPS. Connect your GPS to your computer with the USB cable, which should cause the computer to recognize the GPS as a new drive.

Once that occurs, open Windows Explorer (the file manager, not Internet Explorer, which is the web browser), and look in the directory on your GPS into which the itinerary was supposedly loaded. (If you use a Mac, use the Mac Finder for this purpose.)

Do you find the itinerary file? If you do, what is the name of the directory (folder) in which it is found? What is the complete name of the itinerary file?

With best wishes,
- Tom -

--
XXL540, GO LIVE 1535, GO 500

.

-et- wrote:

what is the name of the directory (folder) in which it is found?

On my GO 720, the itinerary files (.itn) reside in a folder named "\itn". If there are .itn files in a folder named "\itn" on the SD card it will recognize them, too.

--
TomTom GO 720 (for driving), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (for walking)

Yes

VersatileGuy wrote:

Are you sure that your particular model supports itinerary planning? (Not all models do.) When you page through the items on the main menu of the GPS device do you see "Itinerary planning" as one of the options?

Yes, it is there.

--
Mike TOMTOM XL335 and VIA 1535

.

Okay, so with my GO 720 connected to my computer and TomTom HOME running...

I launched Tyre, created a new route with about a half-dozen waypoints, and used

File > Save

to save it on my computer in "My Documents". I called it "MyTyreTest" (filename: "MyTyreTest.itn").

Then, on the Tyre menu I clicked

TomTom > Copy to TomTom

and after a few seconds a dialog box popped up saying

"The file has been copied to your TomTom!"

When I checked the \itn folder on the TomTom via Windows Explorer (drive J: in my case) the file "MyTyreTest.itn" was there.

In TomTom HOME when I selected "Operate my GO" and then chose

[Main Menu]
Itinerary planning

my last-used itinerary appeared. Then, when I selected

Options
Load itinerary

and confirmed that I wanted to delete (replace) the locations in the current itinerary I got a list of itinerary files to choose from, and "MyTyreTest" was one of them. When I selected it I saw the list of waypoints that I created in Tyre.

Try a similar procedure on your setup and see if it works for you.

--
TomTom GO 720 (for driving), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (for walking)

It worked

VersatileGuy wrote:

Okay, so with my GO 720 connected to my computer and TomTom HOME running...

I launched Tyre, created a new route with about a half-dozen waypoints, and used

File > Save

to save it on my computer in "My Documents". I called it "MyTyreTest" (filename: "MyTyreTest.itn").

Then, on the Tyre menu I clicked

TomTom > Copy to TomTom

and after a few seconds a dialog box popped up saying

"The file has been copied to your TomTom!"

When I checked the \itn folder on the TomTom via Windows Explorer (drive J: in my case) the file "MyTyreTest.itn" was there.

In TomTom HOME when I selected "Operate my GO" and then chose

[Main Menu]
Itinerary planning

my last-used itinerary appeared. Then, when I selected

Options
Load itinerary

and confirmed that I wanted to delete (replace) the locations in the current itinerary I got a list of itinerary files to choose from, and "MyTyreTest" was one of them. When I selected it I saw the list of waypoints that I created in Tyre.

Try a similar procedure on your setup and see if it works for you.

That worked. Had to go to file tab first. File>convert to TomTom POI File
then I followed the steps for the: /int file
Couldn't find "operate my GO (TomTom)"
Thanks.

--
Mike TOMTOM XL335 and VIA 1535

operate my GO

navycopy wrote:

Couldn't find "operate my GO (TomTom)"
Thanks.

TT Home page 2, second row, middle button "Operate my GO (device)".

sponsored links



Navigation



User login

Leave this blank! This field helps block spambots.

poi factory



Who's online

There are currently 12 users and 124 guests online.

Online users

  • maricg32
  • sydric
  • pbesner
  • philaholmes
  • Youpper
  • jgermann
  • Zoem
  • jesterhtk
  • wdjohnson2
  • sinystyr