Phoenix cameras starting on Friday

 

State officials have decided to let the contract for over 100 cameras in the Phoenix area. The foirst mobile cameras are due on Friday with the fixed cameras to be installed later. Those of us in the Valley...get ready to send in those new locations. grin

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/09/23/20080923ph...

Sorry, Miss POI, you're going to have more work to do....

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."
4 5 6
<<Page 3>>

Speed limits on Phoenix cameras

FPichon,

In your verification runs for the Phoenix area, have you verified the speed limits shown in the file? I ask because I think there's still a few that may be incorrect (in the I-10/I-17 merge area around University). I missed a week in downloading the current file, so I won't know until I go to work next week.

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

speed limits in construction zones

I heard that they will be altering the sensor's speed limit at which the camera will take the picture in construction zones. I noticed that this isn't the case at the 35 Ave/Loop 101 site. People are passing me at 70 and no photo when the zone has been reduced to 55. The zone is a "long term" temporary reduction due to the bridge work at the 101/i17 interchange. You would figure this would be the spot they would do that in as opposed to a overnight zone that changes back in the morning.

I may have missed a couple of speed limits

If you find any that are incorrect, please send an update to Miss poi.
We corrected some this week and last.
Thanks!

Speed from the Air

Just talked to one of the crane drivers that I use and he got a speeding ticket on I 10 and the 101 from a highway patrol plane. Thats just not right. Bad enough you got to remember the cameras now PLANES. mad How do you poi that.........

--
><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><- 4-Garmin Nuvi 760>>>> Owner: Sunrise Mechanical A/C & Heating,, Peoria, Arizona

Gone.....

I am not available for the next two months, so I am depending on you eagle eyes to spot new cameras as they appear, and to update Miss poi accordingly.

I spotted several locations under construction and logged them, but there will be many more. As we write this, DPS is planning the next phase of implementation.

Thanks again for all your assistance!

Hopefully our Governor & her speed cameras go to Washington

ramcruzer wrote:

Just talked to one of the crane drivers that I use and he got a speeding ticket on I 10 and the 101 from a highway patrol plane. Thats just not right. Bad enough you got to remember the cameras now PLANES. mad How do you poi that.........

Maybe if President elect Obama takes, as he refers to her as our "popular Governor" (not really), Janet Napolitano Arizona's tax and spend Governor to Washington like they are talking about she can take all the speed cameras she wanted with her. It would be good riddance to all of them. mad

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Keep your cameras, thank you!

rjrsw wrote:
ramcruzer wrote:

Just talked to one of the crane drivers that I use and he got a speeding ticket on I 10 and the 101 from a highway patrol plane. Thats just not right. Bad enough you got to remember the cameras now PLANES. mad How do you poi that.........

Maybe if President elect Obama takes, as he refers to her as our "popular Governor" (not really), Janet Napolitano Arizona's tax and spend Governor to Washington like they are talking about she can take all the speed cameras she wanted with her. It would be good riddance to all of them. mad

Na, thats ok leave them there, we want to share the wealth, thanks anyway.

--
Using Android Based GPS.The above post and my sig reflects my own opinions, expressed for the purpose of informing or inspiring, not commanding. Naturally, you are free to reject or embrace whatever you read.

ARS 28-654 V&T Photo Enforcement Law

Many thanks to everyone who is contributing to this effort in the Phoenix Area. I am a newbie here and hope to grant my “active status" soon to gain access to the downloads of everyone’s work.

The following link hopefully can be useful to some. It explains the Arizona Revised Statue and Vehicle and Traffic Law concerning Photo Enforcement Zones. ARS 28-654 I know numerous individuals in this thread had questions regarding the signage and laws. This explains it all. Many have studied this, understood it and used it in court to fight tickets….and won!
There are many good points like signage requirements, etc. The last section is especially interesting and states that signage is NOT required for Mobile enforcement zones where posted speed is under 40MPH. This can be lethal if you’re not paying attention!!!! However, in most cases the last sign (mobile or fixed) must be placed no less than 300 feet before the device. Sec. 28-654.B.1 states:

”At least two signs shall be placed in a location before a photo enforcement system. One sign shall be in a location that is approximately three hundred feet before the photo enforcement system. Placement of additional signs shall be more than three hundred feet before a photo enforcement system to provide reasonable notice to a person that a photo enforcement system is present and operational.”

Bottom line: Pay attention...NOT fines!!! Also, I have noticed that Mobile signs are sometimes Orange in color. Dont be fooled thinking that they are Construction Zone signs. Read the text!

This applies to ARIZONA only, but I'm sure other states must have similar Vehicle and Traffic Laws.

Read on and enjoy!!!!

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/2...

Speed Camera Alert wording missing on Nuvi

On my Nuvi, when I get an alert, the entire text is not shown. Specifically, the last part shown may say .0272 when the actual location is .0272t or .0272r. In order for me to see the rest, I actually have to touch the top bar to see the entire text of the actual alert.

This came up as I was trying to determine locations where the speed limit may be incorrect in the Phoenix database.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. And if so, is it because the text string is too long to display. Any thoughts?

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

Southbound, I-17, 15th

Southbound, I-17, 15th Ave

has been activated since last two days

Thanks for the link but is

Thanks for the link but is there anywhere to find out which of our esteemed legislators voted for this measure. I tried a google search to find the names of those bums but without success

ok

wegasque wrote:

On my Nuvi, when I get an alert, the entire text is not shown. Specifically, the last part shown may say .0272 when the actual location is .0272t or .0272r. In order for me to see the rest, I actually have to touch the top bar to see the entire text of the actual alert.

This came up as I was trying to determine locations where the speed limit may be incorrect in the Phoenix database.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. And if so, is it because the text string is too long to display. Any thoughts?

Those codes do not match up to cameras in AZ, one is in Hutto TX and one is in IL. I have some listed as "Redlight & Speed Camera __ MPH". I am pretty sure that I have all the speeds correct in the AZ speed camera file. There are a couple that will need to be adjusted when the construction is done, but I would rather play it safe and have the construction speed in the file and then change it later.

Miss POI

Airplane Speed Enforcement

Sounds like he got caught in a special enforcement program. It's difficult to run vascar from the air without known distances. I wonder if he was observed traveling at a high rate of speed from the air and when they got a patrol car behind him, the patrol officer paced him and that was the speed they used. Hard to tell until the court date. I wouldn't worry too much about airborne speeding programs in the metro area. Outside of the metro area....?

Phoenix Tickets by Airplanes

On some freeways in the desert of California white stripes are painted at the end of the pavement at measured intervals. With that information they can calculate the speed of a car.
JeffSh

Speed camera alpha codes not displaying in top bar

miss poi wrote:

Those codes do not match up to cameras in AZ, one is in Hutto TX and one is in IL. I have some listed as "Redlight & Speed Camera __ MPH". I am pretty sure that I have all the speeds correct in the AZ speed camera file. There are a couple that will need to be adjusted when the construction is done, but I would rather play it safe and have the construction speed in the file and then change it later.

Yeah, In pulled those codes out of thin air as an example of what was happening while I drove. Unfortunately, there are some incorrect speed limits that are not in construction zones on my way to work. I will grab a pad of paper and write some down on my way home tonight. I haven't been commuting this way for too long because I started a new job, so I don;t know if the speed limit was changed or not.

My main concern was that the Speed Cameras alpha code (last digit) does not show up on the top bar of my screen. I'll get the ones that I've noticed to you before the next update. Do you want me to float them by the group for verification prior to you changing the master file?

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

make sure

wegasque wrote:
miss poi wrote:

Those codes do not match up to cameras in AZ, one is in Hutto TX and one is in IL. I have some listed as "Redlight & Speed Camera __ MPH". I am pretty sure that I have all the speeds correct in the AZ speed camera file. There are a couple that will need to be adjusted when the construction is done, but I would rather play it safe and have the construction speed in the file and then change it later.

Yeah, In pulled those codes out of thin air as an example of what was happening while I drove. Unfortunately, there are some incorrect speed limits that are not in construction zones on my way to work. I will grab a pad of paper and write some down on my way home tonight. I haven't been commuting this way for too long because I started a new job, so I don;t know if the speed limit was changed or not.

My main concern was that the Speed Cameras alpha code (last digit) does not show up on the top bar of my screen. I'll get the ones that I've noticed to you before the next update. Do you want me to float them by the group for verification prior to you changing the master file?

Please make sure you have the latest file uploaded, there have been changes going on each week.

Miss POI

leave politics out of it

rjrsw wrote:
ramcruzer wrote:

Just talked to one of the crane drivers that I use and he got a speeding ticket on I 10 and the 101 from a highway patrol plane. Thats just not right. Bad enough you got to remember the cameras now PLANES. mad How do you poi that.........

Maybe if President elect Obama takes, as he refers to her as our "popular Governor" (not really), Janet Napolitano Arizona's tax and spend Governor to Washington like they are talking about she can take all the speed cameras she wanted with her. It would be good riddance to all of them. mad

I really don't think we need to involve politics with this thread, that's just going to make some folks upset. I don't see the cameras going anywhere considering the front page of the paper yesterday was talking about lack of funds for the roads.

Link

nutcr0cker wrote:

Thanks for the link but is there anywhere to find out which of our esteemed legislators voted for this measure. I tried a google search to find the names of those bums but without success

Here is a link to where you might be able to find what House Bill made up the Photo Enforcement law and also which
yahoo's voted on it.....

http://www.azleg.gov/Bills.asp?FirstBill=HB2401&LastBill=HB2...

warning not showing up on 760

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the speed alert warning not showing up at certain locations intermittently? I have had this happen a few times on the loop 101 at 75 ave and also the 101 at olive. Both of these locations are in the file and work almost all of the time. It only happens occasionally. I thought that maybe the sat signal accuracy was degraded so I checked and it was showing 19 feet accuracy. before I went through the zones. I was also traveling at 67 mph so the warning should have flagged on my speed as well. I did get the alerts for the cameras immediately following both locations so I know that my unit was working. Any ideas?

I-10 closure on Sat. night

I saw on the message boards that I-10 will be closed from 10:00pm Saturday night to 5:00am Sunday morning. It's only westbound from 59th Avenue to 91st Avenue. AZCentral is showing it's for installation of additional speed cameras. Closure is probably for the sensors across the road.

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

Cameras in the file not yet installed

I've noticed in the last two weeks that I get alerts for cameras not yet installed and others that don't seem to exist at all.

For example, on the west bound I-10 I get an alert for the cameras not yet installed between 51st Ave and the 101. I know these are future sites because they are marked off with construciton barriers, indicating the install is in progress.

However, on the southbound 101 at Glendale Ave and at Bethany Home, I get an alert but there seem to be no cameras. I also get 2 differnt alerts in this location where there doesn't appear to be any cameras at all. Am I getting alerts for a camera installed in the intersection under the highway overpass?

I've just downloaded the 11/12 update so i don't know if the update is resolved in this update.

Camera position relative to direction of Travel

Ok, am I missing something? or not doing something correctly?

Is there a way to tell which way the camera is for (e.g. east bound or west bound)?

The aler goes off and then I see that the camera it is for is on the east bound side and I am heading west bound.

What am I missing?

You're not missing anything

As far as I know, the alert goes off when you are close to the camera - hence the name Proximity Alert. I had the same thing happen to me on my way to work. I don't think there's any way to code the alerts depending on which direction you're traveling. Miss POI can you verify?

And yes, if you read the past postings in this thread, there are alerts to cameras that may not be installed yet because the authorities posted the locations in the paper wihtout a clear timeline. So, instead of trying to guess when they would come online, the FPichon and MIss POI coded all of them so we wouldn't miss any when they do come online. FPichon/Miss POI can you verify?

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

Yes

Yes that is correct, there is also a location on a freeway close to an overpass and if you are traveling on the overpass you may get an alert.

Miss POI

Thanks for Clarifying

Thanks Miss POI and wegasque. I was wondering if it was me.

Having Cameras that are not yet installed is not a bad thing, better safe than sorry!

101 cameras

There is a camera on the southbound 101 at bethany home rd. It is just past the overpass before the camelback exit. There is also one going up on the northbound side as well.

Speed Camera article in AZ Republic

There's an interesting article in the AZ Republic on Redflex speed cameras lacking FCC certification. See:
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/18450

RT

--
"Internet: As Yogi Berra would say, "Don't believe 90% of what you read, and verify the other half."

What is the speed?

I have been getting mixed reports on the speed limit for the I-10 speed cameras. I have already changed them from 65 MPH to 55 MPH and now have been told that it really is 65 MPH.

Can I please get a third and maybe a 4th opinion?

Thanks,

Miss POI

I-10 Speed Limits

Note (clarification) to group:

I told Miss POI that the speed limit on I-10 outside of the I-17 junctions is 65 mph. Inside the junctions, it's 55 mph. Can anyone concur? Thanks.

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

Yes it is 65

I-10 west of I-17 is 65 mph
The changes have been submitted for the 35th ave through 43 ave locations..

It is also 65 East of I-17

Can anyone verify that it is also 65 mph East of the eatern junction of I-10/I-17 (right before University Avenue)? Thanks.

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

Drive slow or you'll pay for

Drive slow or you'll pay for it. DPS has rolled out mobile cameras throughout the state, and they're now starting to put up stationary cameras too.

The first nine wil be up and running by October 22nd (they're starred below). The other locations will follow.

When finished, there will be a total of 60 stationary cameras and 40 mobile ones throughout Arizona. If you get a ticket for going 10 miles over the

speed limit, you'll pay a minimum of $181.

Interstate 10
**Eastbound, I-10, 287th Ave.
**Eastbound, I-10, Miller
**Eastbound, I-10, Watson
Westbound, I-10, 91st Ave
East & West, I-10, 75th Ave
East & West, I-10, 59th Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 35th Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 43rd Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 27th Ave
East & West, I-10, 15th Ave
Eastbound, I-10, 16th Street
Westbound, I-10, Buckeye
Westbound, I-10, 24th Street
Westbound, I-10, 40th Street
US 60
Westbound, US-60, Alma School
Westbound, US-60, Mesa Drive
Westbound, US-60, Gilbert Road
Interstate - 17
Southbound, I-17, 15th Ave
Southbound, I-17, 12th Street
Northbound, I-17, Thunderbird
Northbound, I-17, Bell Road
State Route - 51
Southbound, SR-51, Thomas Road
Southbound, SR-51, Highland Pkwy.
Southbound, SR-51, Bethany Home Rd.
State Route - 101
**Southbound, SR-101, McDowell Rd
**Southbound, SR-101, Indian School
**Southbound, SR-101, Bethany Home
North & South, SR-101, Glendale Ave.
Southbound, SR-101, Olive
** Eastbound, SR-101, 75th Ave
** Eastbound, SR-101, 59th Ave
** Eastbound, SR-101, 35th Ave

**Starred camera locations will be set up and taking pictures starting between October 17th and 22nd

Ooops...

Sorry I just saw this was already posted...

New signage speed raised to 65 ...

""Can anyone verify that it is also 65 mph East of the eatern junction of I-10/I-17 (right before University Avenue)? Thanks.""

AN UPDATE

Speed limit changes observed 11/21/2008:
(east I-10 ONLY)

Westbound
On I-10, the 55 mph sign at 40th st has been removed. New signage is installed for 65 mph from 40th st to the I-17 split. Note the limit is 55 from this point westbound, including Buckeye.

Eastbound
The 65 mph speed sign is posted at the juncture of I-10/I-17 for eastbound traffic.

These speed adjustments (previously 55) are good for this area since the cameras are now present.

55 or 65 on I-10

Last week going westbound it dropped to 55 at the 202/51 merge and then increased west of 43rd ave to 65.

Just east of the 101 it goes back to 55 for the construciton zone.

but then again I don't put it past them to change them daily.

(Okay, so I'm a cynic)

Redlight Cameras shown in both files

The 8wp-enforcement-cameras.zip file contains two files, the Redlight-Cameras.csv and the Speed-Cameras.csv.

Around my location, all "Redlight-Cameras" I checked are also included in the Speed-Cameras file as "Redlight & Speed Camera xx MP" where xx is a speed.

Actually, none of these redlight cameras are checking the speed (as far as I know) but only if a car runs the red light. The problem with having them in both files is that the two icons cover each other and it is not possible to identify which type of camera is ahead by a quick glance at the screen. It also tends to sound an alert for speed instead of a warning sound when not actually necessary (I'm still checking on this).

I think it might work better if these straight redlight cameras would NOT be included in the Speed-Cameras POI file. Just my 2 cents...

Did I miss something?

Two alerts

jale wrote:

The 8wp-enforcement-cameras.zip file contains two files, the Redlight-Cameras.csv and the Speed-Cameras.csv.

Around my location, all "Redlight-Cameras" I checked are also included in the Speed-Cameras file as "Redlight & Speed Camera xx MP" where xx is a speed.

Actually, none of these redlight cameras are checking the speed (as far as I know) but only if a car runs the red light. The problem with having them in both files is that the two icons cover each other and it is not possible to identify which type of camera is ahead by a quick glance at the screen. It also tends to sound an alert for speed instead of a warning sound when not actually necessary (I'm still checking on this).

I think it might work better if these straight redlight cameras would NOT be included in the Speed-Cameras POI file. Just my 2 cents...

Did I miss something?

I get two alerts on my Nuvi 255w at a location that is in both files....first the red light camera verbal warning followed by the speed camera verbal warning. Not a complaint though....I'd rather have two warnings that none.

on the green light they become speed cameras in Tucson

jale wrote:

Actually, none of these redlight cameras are checking the speed (as far as I know) but only if a car runs the red light.

The red light cameras in Tucson monitor for red light runners but on the green light they become speed cameras to pick up the people that speed up to try to make it before the light changes or for people that are just speeding already.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Double duty?

rjrsw wrote:

The red light cameras in Tucson monitor for red light runners but on the green light they become speed cameras to pick up the people that speed up to try to make it before the light changes or for people that are just speeding already.

If that is really the case, then these should be in the speed camera file.

The cameras that can actually measure the speed usually have a double sensor loop next to the red line in the ground, instead of the single loop.

In Phoenix, most red light camera are just red light, although "they" would like everyone to believe they can do both. But they have added to many lately that everything is possible.

they are in both files

jale wrote:
rjrsw wrote:

The red light cameras in Tucson monitor for red light runners but on the green light they become speed cameras to pick up the people that speed up to try to make it before the light changes or for people that are just speeding already.

If that is really the case, then these should be in the speed camera file.

The cameras that can actually measure the speed usually have a double sensor loop next to the red line in the ground, instead of the single loop.

In Phoenix, most red light camera are just red light, although "they" would like everyone to believe they can do both. But they have added to many lately that everything is possible.

These Tuscon locations are in the Speed camera file also;)

Miss POI

Caution going through AZ this weekend

Mobile speed cameras will be all over the state this weekend. DPS is placing many mobile units on I-10 and I-40 to catch holiday speeders.

New State Motto: Let's see if the out-of-staters can fix our budget deficit!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

there will be 4 more new locations coming soon in Tucson

miss poi wrote:

These Tuscon locations are in the Speed camera file also;)

Miss POI

They have announced there will be 4 more new locations, in addition to the 4 you already have, coming here in Tucson in the near future. As soon as I have the info on them I will pass it on to you.

The police consider the first 4 to be very succssful because the number of accidents, injuries have gone way down and this was the real surprise because they were very happy that the number of tickets issued has also been falling very fast.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Planes are nothing new in Ohio, been used for years by OHP

ramcruzer wrote:

Just talked to one of the crane drivers that I use and he got a speeding ticket on I 10 and the 101 from a highway patrol plane. Thats just not right. Bad enough you got to remember the cameras now PLANES. mad How do you poi that.........

You don't, but you can keep an eye ahead for a plane flying a circular patterns over the road way. They use lines that are marked on the shoulder, along with a stop watch to measure your speed and radio down to a string of chase cars below to ticket you.

So be vigilante to whats happening around you and keep an eye to the sky as well.

--
Using Android Based GPS.The above post and my sig reflects my own opinions, expressed for the purpose of informing or inspiring, not commanding. Naturally, you are free to reject or embrace whatever you read.

Here is an update on the

Here is an update on the cameras in Phoenix
http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2008/11/...

And according to Phoenix police, here are the locations
Red light camera locations
• Northbound 67th Avenue / McDowell Road
• Eastbound 35th / Dunlap avenues
• Eastbound 35th Avenue / McDowell Road
• Eastbound 27th / Glendale avenues
• Southbound 19th Avenue / Thunderbird Road
• Westbound 19th / Northern avenues
• Eastbound Seventh / Glendale avenues
• Northbound Cave Creek Road / Greenway Parkway
• Westbound Seventh Street / Bell Road
• Northbound Seventh Street / Northern Avenue
• Eastbound 32nd Street / McDowell Road
• Westbound 40th Street / Pecos Road
Source: Phoenix Police Department.

Too Quick on the pic for left turns

miss poi wrote:
jale wrote:
rjrsw wrote:

The red light cameras in Tucson monitor for red light runners but on the green light they become speed cameras to pick up the people that speed up to try to make it before the light changes or for people that are just speeding already.

If that is really the case, then these should be in the speed camera file.

The cameras that can actually measure the speed usually have a double sensor loop next to the red line in the ground, instead of the single loop.

In Phoenix, most red light camera are just red light, although "they" would like everyone to believe they can do both. But they have added to many lately that everything is possible.

These Tuscon locations are in the Speed camera file also;)

Miss POI

In Tucson at the corner of Oracle and River Roads there is a camera that takes pictures of red light runners making a left from southbound Oracle onto East bound River Road. However, this camera is not timed well with the light.

My mother was recently caught at this light. Her answer was that she followed the car in front of her into the intersection and that front car then stopped half way through to make an additional turn and "trapped" her in the intersection.

I informed that technically one is not suppossed to enter an intersection unless one can clear the intersection. She went to class and found that nearly 90% of the people in the class had the same issue. The instructor told them that many people get caught in this intersection because of the timing. It is a major intersection and because of this only 2-3 cars can make the turn (and it's a two lane left).

Due to the money they seem to be makng ($185 per) I doubt they'll ever fix it down there.

Map

Just to give you an idea of how many speed cameras there are in Phoenix, follow this link:

http://www.azcentral.com/flash/speedcameras1101/index.html

The results are in....

After operating the speed cameras for two months, DPS said that over 40,000 tickets have been issued from the cameras being triggered 166,176 times! This should generate about $6.6 million for the State from the $165 fines.

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/12/02/20081202sp...

We'll get the state's budget shortfall paid for in no time...

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."

wow

6.6 million is pretty impressive...hopefully that'll help pay for road work too.

I was just visiting phoenix

I was just visiting phoenix from chicago. i couldn't believe how many cameras you guys have. we only have a fraction of that amount here. The POI file definitely helped.

--
-Nuvi 760 owner

Chicago has a lot of red light cameras

When I lived in IL, Chicago was installing red light cameras. At the time, they didn't have any speed cameras. My wife got nabbed by a red light camera by turning right on red when it was prohibited. OOPS!

--
Nuvi 2597 / Nuvi 2595 / Nuvi 680 / Nuvi 650 "Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment."
4 5 6
<<Page 3>>