new & interesting places for your GPS

SD Cards

 

Just thought I would pass along some information I find out about SD cards. I have a 660 that will support a 4.0gb card which I got for christmas. Problem is can not use it on my laptop or pc because they don't support that large of a card. I have to load to it using the usp cable and the 660. I am able to save to it then. Whice is not that big of a problem. Bottom line is when you buy a sd card you may want to make sure your pc will recognize it.

johnm405

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Card Reader, not the PC

The PC will support any USB mass storage device you plug into it. Size and type doesn't matter. I'm thinking you have an older card reader? It probably can't "see" the CD card. Try one that supports the SDHC standard.

--
Chuck - Nuvi 200, Nuvi 255W

SD Card

Chuck all three of my computors will read my smaller sd cards just not the 4.0 The laptop is only 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old the pc are about three. I read where that it the case My point was if it didn't work don't take it back as a bad card.

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Here's what you need

--
Chuck - Nuvi 200, Nuvi 255W

SDHC

johnm405 wrote:

Chuck all three of my computors will read my smaller sd cards just not the 4.0 The laptop is only 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old the pc are about three. I read where that it the case My point was if it didn't work don't take it back as a bad card.

Your card reader is not support SDHC card. Any cards that higher than 2gb is SDHC.

SD Card

The question is whether this an an SDHC card or a plain SD. It says on the label. 4GB cards come in both formats. An SDHC card requires an SDHC reader which few computers have including many new ones. Multi card readers that include SDHC can be bought cheap if necessary.

turf

A little error

dtran1 wrote:

Your card reader is not support SDHC card. Any cards that higher than 2gb is SDHC.

My 4gb are NOT SDHC. I know this for a fact because I used them in my PDA, the Dell Axim x51v and that unit will not read SDHC cards. And I have almost 4gb worth of mp3's on each card.

--
Rodney.. oditius.htc@gmail.com BMW Zumo 550 HTC Touch Pro - Garmin XT

Cheap

If you're cheap (like me wink ), this thing does the trick, and the price is hard to beat...

http://www.meritline.com/sdhc-card-reader-brown-c206a.html

You could get cheaper...

Ssayer wrote:

If you're cheap (like me wink ), this thing does the trick, and the price is hard to beat...

http://www.meritline.com/sdhc-card-reader-brown-c206a.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB2-0-SDHC-High-speed-Card-Reader-150x-...

--
Rodney.. oditius.htc@gmail.com BMW Zumo 550 HTC Touch Pro - Garmin XT

sponsored links