express.exe (network and other problems on Win 10)

 

Last 4 days or so I have had a problem on computer that stops pictures from showing up in my email. Also stops connecting to various sites like Facebook.. Small window pops up stating couldn't connect , OXc00000e5. Also HP CEE.exe and express.exe.
I tried to google and one person stated express.exe was in their software for Garmin navigation. They deleted it and their problem was solved.
I can restart my computer and things are OK until short time later. Before I mess things up, anyone know if this is correct?

--
nuvi 1390 LT, nuvi 1450 LMT, Win 10

Well ...

Express.exe is the program for Garmin Express, that is used to update maps etc.

While it shouldn't cause an issue, deleting it won't do any harm, you can easily download it again from the Garmin Express webpage.

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

Set a restore point first.

Then delete it.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

Make sure GE isn't running in the background

First off, with the Corona virus going around a lot more people are working from home and that may have some impact in terms of your connection bandwidth.

But beyond that, as a first check prior to uninstalling GE, make sure it isn't running in the background all the time. To do this, open GE and go to the "gear" symbol at the top right of the GE window. Disable the two settings that appear; one involves GE running in the background all the time, the other involves starting GE when a device is connected. You don't need either of these settings to effectively use GE. Then select "OK" in the bottom right corner (drag the dialog box if you don't see it) and exit GE. Then do a reboot and retest as needed.

--
John from PA

windows 10?

I agree that Garmin Express running in the background should be stopped. I recently made a post on this site about GE running in the background anyway after I had changed the settings to prevent this:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/50417

Are you running Windows 10? Is this an HP computer? There were several Windows updates in past weeks that caused problems for HP computers with various apps (programs). Future Windows updates might solve the problem. Or go to HP support about specific updates you can uninstall.

dobs108 smile

win 10

HP running win 10. Auto update happened last week. Tried to roll back but not much help. Deleted GE. After restarting computer this morning, all was good until about 1 hr. Couldn't connect to face book several other sites, even the POI Factory. In emails and other sites, the pictures don't show up.After restart, small window shows hpcee.exe (OXc00000e5) didn't start correctly. In
I.m not very good going into the unknown on computers.
I will try HP support.

--
nuvi 1390 LT, nuvi 1450 LMT, Win 10

download chrome

Download the Chrome browser from Google and make it the default browser. There are no issues with Chrome on Windows 10.

What email are you using?

dobs108 smile

Yahoo email

Chrome is my default browser. It happened again. I tried to get on Google.com to search and it stopped me. Face book is blocked. In a short time POI Factory will be blocked until I restart. Running Windows Network Diagnostics no help.

--
nuvi 1390 LT, nuvi 1450 LMT, Win 10

overload

in some area's your IP could be over loaded, with people staying home and streaming movies, ordering food, ordering goods online , people working online from home. try to get your e-mail at different hours ! I live on the west coast at about 9-10 PM I don't have any problems because the east coast is in bed or going to bed but from 8AM on my ISP really slows down and Facebook is really slow I have to wait for things to load.

overload

West coast here also.
I have two other desktops (HPs, win 10) close by and they don't have the same problems. 1 running Chrome and other Edge. My last update gave me the new Edge. Maybe i'll try that.

--
nuvi 1390 LT, nuvi 1450 LMT, Win 10

Also

The new Edge effected same way. Tried OOkla and the ATT speed test. Download speeds were about 180 mbps to 200 mbps depending on server.These 2 sites I got onto no problem. Its odd that on restart things are OK but in a short while its not.

--
nuvi 1390 LT, nuvi 1450 LMT, Win 10

HP support

HPCEE.exe is HP software to spy on you. Windows Defender or other antivirus programs think it is malware:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02604915

I think that if you try to delete or disable HPCEE.exe, it will soon be reinstalled.

My apologies for mentioning the word virus at this time. redface

dobs108 smile

Sounds like it might be malware or a virus.

dobs108 wrote:

HPCEE.exe is HP software to spy on you. Windows Defender or other antivirus programs think it is malware:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02604915

I think that if you try to delete or disable HPCEE.exe, it will soon be reinstalled.

My apologies for mentioning the word virus at this time. redface

dobs108 smile

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

Surprised HPCEE is still around...

dobs108 wrote:

HPCEE.exe is HP software to spy on you. Windows Defender or other antivirus programs think it is malware:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02604915

I think that if you try to delete or disable HPCEE.exe, it will soon be reinstalled.

My apologies for mentioning the word virus at this time. redface

dobs108 smile

I'm surprised that HPCEE is still around, or exhibits bad behavior under Windows 10. It used to be, and I'm talking 10 years ago, that the trick was to find its ini file (Ceement.ini) and change all the values to "zero".

--
John from PA

.

jbees60 wrote:

Chrome is my default browser. It happened again. I tried to get on Google.com to search and it stopped me. Face book is blocked. In a short time POI Factory will be blocked until I restart. Running Windows Network Diagnostics no help.

How does it "stop" or "block" you? When all this happen, can you ping google.com or yahoo.com and get replies? Check your Windows Event Logs for errors or warnings.

2 days and A OK

So far so good. Never lasted more than a couple of hours with no problems after a restart. Problem with face book it would time out before getting to site. Stating something 'Timed out or can't connect to site'. At this time I would lose pictures on my emails and I couldn't get onto Google.com or other sites or refresh face book.
Things are good last 2 days. I deleted a trial version of Malwarebytes. But it's on another computer with no problems. Must have been my newest win 10 update that didn't jive with Malwarebytes.
Thanks for all the suggestions which led me to dig in and delete it.
Cross fingers. Thanks again.

--
nuvi 1390 LT, nuvi 1450 LMT, Win 10

"Timed out" can happen when

"Timed out" can happen when the system is busy downloading & installing updates.

Trial version of Malwarebytes borderline useless

jbees60 wrote:

So far so good. Never lasted more than a couple of hours with no problems after a restart. Problem with face book it would time out before getting to site. Stating something 'Timed out or can't connect to site'. At this time I would lose pictures on my emails and I couldn't get onto Google.com or other sites or refresh face book.
Things are good last 2 days. I deleted a trial version of Malwarebytes. But it's on another computer with no problems. Must have been my newest win 10 update that didn't jive with Malwarebytes.
Thanks for all the suggestions which led me to dig in and delete it.
Cross fingers. Thanks again.

The Malwarebytes trial version is almost useless. You must periodically scan your device manually. The paid version runs in the background, keeping a watch on things.

--
John from PA

Download and run NPE, then

Download and run NPE, then run a good virus/malware program.

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

Don’t forget Defender if you are running Win 10

KenSny wrote:

Download and run NPE, then run a good virus/malware program.

If running Windows 10, the included Defender does a decent job as an AV and malware defense. Granted it had some issues about a week ago, but so do most protection programs. Bugs happen.

[Edit: Microsoft has issued a fix for the Defender issue of about a wee ago. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052623/update-for-windows-defender-antimalware-platform]

--
John from PA