DriveSmart61 software version 6.0 is available

 

Drivesmart 61 version 6.0 is available via Garmin Express.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1028...

Changes made from version 4.50 to 6.00:

Added support for the new Garmin BC 40 Wireless Backup Camera.
Enabled Galileo satellite support.
Improved routing calculations.
Improved the reliability of connections to Bluetooth devices.
Fixed an issue that caused some spoken words to be mispronounced.
Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect route calculations when using maps of Southeast Asia.
Improved software stability.

Update appears to require GE be updated to 6.13.1.0 in order to install the GPS software update.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Galileo

t923347 wrote:

Drivesmart 61 version 6.0 is available via Garmin Express.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1028...

Changes made from version 4.50 to 6.00:

Added support for the new Garmin BC 40 Wireless Backup Camera.
Enabled Galileo satellite support.
Improved routing calculations.
Improved the reliability of connections to Bluetooth devices.
Fixed an issue that caused some spoken words to be mispronounced.
Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect route calculations when using maps of Southeast Asia.
Improved software stability.

Update appears to require GE be updated to 6.13.1.0 in order to install the GPS software update.

I've seen this reference before, I think it was with the new 65 models, can anyone tell me what the significance is please?

ETA

Nevermind, I found this informative article on the subject, thanks.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/11/15/fcc-approval-of-europes-ga...

.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Very cool!

Thanks for the heads up!

--
(2) Nuvi 1450LMT + 3597LMTHD + 2557LMT + DS61LMT-S Boston MA

RE: Galileo I've updated my

RE: Galileo

I've updated my DS61, is there a setting somewhere to tell it to use the Galileo satellites, or is it automatic?

I remember in my old GPS's you were able to choose a "GPS mode"

normal

GPS off

waas/egnos

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

I read

I read somewhere that the satellites icons shown on the satellite page display the Galileo satellites in a different color. Can't prove it as they only appear for EU folks.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

I'm now

seeing Galileo and GPS displayed in different colors on my satellite screen. Galileo is in pink, GPS is in blue. So, the global display and bar graph display are both showing pink and blue birds !!

--
(2) Nuvi 1450LMT + 3597LMTHD + 2557LMT + DS61LMT-S Boston MA

Nuvi 67lm

I wish Garmin would fix the route calculation error issue on the nuvi 67lm with the new map. Support says it's a known issue but says the model is discontinued so I guess that means no more software updates..

where

uber360 wrote:

seeing Galileo and GPS displayed in different colors on my satellite screen. Galileo is in pink, GPS is in blue. So, the global display and bar graph display are both showing pink and blue birds !!

Where are you seeing this? On a computer or the DriveSmart 61, and if so where on the GPS?

ETA

Nevermind this too, I should use my friend Google before asking the question here.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/drivesmart51-61/EN-U...

Screenshot:

https://i.postimg.cc/Pq4tLXV3/20190329-043555.jpg

Only one Galileo showing here. Smartphone photo not liking the color pink.

.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Sober,

that's right, that's the view I see on mine I was referring to.

This morning I'm seeing 5 Galileo satellites and 7 of the traditional craft.

--
(2) Nuvi 1450LMT + 3597LMTHD + 2557LMT + DS61LMT-S Boston MA

Thanks, will check this

Thanks, will check this version

More now

uber360 wrote:

that's right, that's the view I see on mine I was referring to.

This morning I'm seeing 5 Galileo satellites and 7 of the traditional craft.

The "screen shot" I posted earlier was from inside my home, only one Galileo satellite. This afternoon I was in Philadelphia in my work truck and 7 now show up, along with 7 regular GPS satellites.

https://i.postimg.cc/gJDbBry3/20190329-141331.jpg

.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

I spotted

a good number of them, too, while sitting inside.

Are they European based? Are we supposed to be able to see them? (I don't know the back story.)

--
(2) Nuvi 1450LMT + 3597LMTHD + 2557LMT + DS61LMT-S Boston MA

Tested, it is better than

Tested, it is better than last version.

Thanks for the fyi

Thanks for the fyi