Garmin Express Update Available

 

For

For the PC the latest version is 3.2.29 although Garmin may well issue 3.2.30 any second now. shock

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

I hope so

t923347 wrote:

For the PC the latest version is 3.2.29 although Garmin may well issue 3.2.30 any second now. shock

Garmin better offer an update for us PCers. Now that I do keep a copy of GE on my PC, I'd hate my GE to be second fiddle to the Mac GE. rolleyes

Don't Need No Update...

CraigW wrote:
t923347 wrote:

For the PC the latest version is 3.2.29 although Garmin may well issue 3.2.30 any second now. shock

Garmin better offer an update for us PCers. Now that I do keep a copy of GE on my PC, I'd hate my GE to be second fiddle to the Mac GE. rolleyes

Maybe the PC version is ahead of the game for once.

Do we know what's new?

Do we know what's new?

--
Garmin DriveLuxe 51 LTM-S

Thanks for letting us know

Thanks for letting us know

What's New

helloguys wrote:

Do we know what's new?

-Fixed an issue that prevented sending Connect IQ apps to a device.
-Fixed an issue that prevented selecting the lowest activity setting when setting up an activity tracking device.

Looks like updates that do not affect nuvi owners.

Thanks

Thanks for the fyi

up dated express

mine says v 4.0.5.0 just updated about 2 min ago

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

PC

geo334 wrote:

mine says v 4.0.5.0 just updated about 2 min ago

PC updated GE to v4.0.5.0

Fixed some migration issues from older versions of Express to v4.0.
Fixed Forerunner 610 repetitive syncing issue.

--
Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 750, Nuvi 255LT

.

time to update again and next week and next week

--
nuvi 2757LM-65LM-65LM

Thanks

for the info

Interesting: Not for me

Unless I'm missing something, GE is currently telling me I have the latest version when I click "check for application updates": 3.2.21.0.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." rolleyes

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

What check box?

williston wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, GE is currently telling me I have the latest version when I click "check for application updates": 3.2.21.0.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." rolleyes

Where are you finding the "Check for application updates" button?

If it isn't the following try this,

Click the upper right hand corner "gear." Under the "About" setting, click "Check for Updates to Express."

version 4.0.5.0 for Windows

Version 4.0.5.0 Garmin express update has been released for Windows . I am getting a server error when trying to update vehicles and voices.

Thanks

Thank you for the information.

ill be looking

ill be looking

Has anyone used version

Has anyone used version 4.0.5.0 and not gotten a server error when tying to update vehicles and voices?

I have.

It is not consistent for me. It usually gives the server error, but every now and then it works like it is supposed to. I have seen this behavior with both 4.0.2.0 and 4.0.5.0.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

V3.2.29.0 still being sent as of 3/1/2015 at 2PM CDST

Title says it all...

--
A 2689LMT in both our cars that we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!

Common practice.

This is common practice for Garmin on Garmin Express. They often link to an older version, then have you update after the initial install.

After you install 3.2.29.0, you can click on the "gear" icon, then click on the link to update Express. That should give you the latest version of Express.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Confirmed....EXCEPT....

CraigW wrote:
williston wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, GE is currently telling me I have the latest version when I click "check for application updates": 3.2.21.0.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." rolleyes

Where are you finding the "Check for application updates" button?

If it isn't the following try this,

Click the upper right hand corner "gear." Under the "About" setting, click "Check for Updates to Express."

Hi CraigW: I Just went back in to confirm that's the path I took (confirmed) and sure enough I get the same result, HOWEVER this time before I could take any action GE informed the application must be closed to apply an update. It does its thing and when I launch again I now have:

3.2.27.0 shock

So..... I'm getting closer, but no CEEGAR yet! hah! razz

Glitchy

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Updating GE when auto updates are prevented

Williston wrote:

...HOWEVER this time before I could take any action GE informed the application must be closed to apply an update. It does its thing and when I launch again I now have:

3.2.27.0 shock

So..... I'm getting closer, but no CEEGAR yet! hah! razz

Glitchy

Yup, that how it works for me when I use the Garmin Express Check for Updates button on my Garmin Express. I expect we both have our settings preventing Garmin Express auto updates so that when we do try to update, we are more than one version behind the times. Like you, when my version is more than one version behind the times, my update process will not update to the latest version but to some intermediate one.

So Long XP!

Hi CraigW: Well the plot thickens: I hit the "gear" again thinking GE was going to make me go one version of update at a time and sure enough it tells me "update available" and does the download. BUT: when I hit "install" I received an immediate pop-up advising my operating system (XP) is not compatible with Garmin Express and provides a "Get Map updater". I comply and now we wait. So for all you hangers-on (like me) the fat lady has now sung as far as XP is concerned.

Now I know many will say Map Updater is the better way to go, (and I agree) however the last time I used it (3 map updates ago?) it wouldn't work for me and I received multiple errors. (GE has worked fine)

So, we shall see! I have a feeling I'll have to borrow one of the other laptops in the family in the future to apply my map updates. For those that don't have this option, this is a questionable decision for Garmin to abandon ship on XP. (IMO) If other folks have the problems with Map Updater that I do with XP, here comes another session of angry customers and phones ringing off the hook at the help desk.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Ran into that problem with a co-worker today.

williston wrote:

Hi CraigW: Well the plot thickens: I hit the "gear" again thinking GE was going to make me go one version of update at a time and sure enough it tells me "update available" and does the download. BUT: when I hit "install" I received an immediate pop-up advising my operating system (XP) is not compatible with Garmin Express and provides a "Get Map updater". I comply and now we wait. So for all you hangers-on (like me) the fat lady has now sung as far as XP is concerned.

Now I know many will say Map Updater is the better way to go, (and I agree) however the last time I used it (3 map updates ago?) it wouldn't work for me and I received multiple errors. (GE has worked fine)

So, we shall see! I have a feeling I'll have to borrow one of the other laptops in the family in the future to apply my map updates. For those that don't have this option, this is a questionable decision for Garmin to abandon ship on XP. (IMO) If other folks have the problems with Map Updater that I do with XP, here comes another session of angry customers and phones ringing off the hook at the help desk.

He knew I did a lot with Garmins and pois so he gave me a call. He was also presented with the "XP not compatible" error. I sent the link for mapupdater.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

No way out of the trap now: it's done

Hi pwohlrab: Thanks for the reply. Always good to know it's not just me! A shame really as there is no way around this (or out) once this trap has been set. (and sprung!) i.e.: Garmin Express has always forced you with no choice to the latest version as part of a map update download. So the last usable version with XP for me was .21 and "Syonara". I work for medium sized well-known software company. Our customers would not like this type of forced abandonment one bit. I would get many angry calls from my clients even though I have an excellent professional "friend" relationship with all of them.

I think this is a mistake by Garmin. Love my Nuvi and never wanted to go to smart-phone GPS, but this gives me pause. As I said, I have a choice: Other Win7/8 computers around at home. There's lots of people that don't and hardware upgrades (required of XP clients) are not cheap.

Are you listening Garmin? sad

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic