Garmin Express has an update to 2.4.5.0 - 6Feb2014

 

I downloaded and installed Garmin Express yesterday to be able to update to City Navigator 2014.40.

Just now I checked for an update and saw that yesterday's version (2.3.18.0) had an update available to 2.4.5.0.

The one difference I see in the Settings Options of this latest version is a new check box allowing for auto updates of Garmin Express.

There is no change log that I can find listing other changes made.

Page 1>>

.

Garmin Express 2.4.5 is almost 28MB, and 2.3.18 was 11.5MB.

Maybe one day Garmin will issue release notes. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what all those extra bits in 2.4.5 do...

--
DriveAssist 50 (stolen), Nüvi 2595LMT

did the Garmin Express 2.4.5 update before map update

I did the Garmin Express 2.4.5 update before doing the new map install to my GPS and computer and it worked great. First time I ever used the program for a map update. grin

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Thanks

Thanks for the update. I looked and I was still running 2.3.14. I updated to the 2014.40 maps before with no issues.

--
Garmin Nuvi 2450

Another update!

My Garmin Express just updated to 2.5.2 ... third update in less than a week!

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Foolhardy strategy

alandb wrote:

My Garmin Express just updated to 2.5.2 ... third update in less than a week!

Makes one suspect that Garmin foolishly tweeks the GE code just before releasing a new map version. A risky strategy at best. Why else would the application get WORSE over time and right along with map releases? Good for some, complete failure for others.... This points straight to a program that has been fiddled with so much that it can no longer accommodate the vast combination of platforms that run it (pc's etc) or the hosts that require it (GPS) for the updates.

Even worse, they apparently have also fiddled with their rock-solid bread-and-butter app: Map Updater. Worked fine for years, now it's hit or miss.

Leave it alone already or tweek and experiment during the lull between map updates. I think someone once said: "Tis better to experiment on the few slovenly stragglers, than the great self-important masses! (Who said that? Might have been Nixon?) shock

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Garmin Express Won't Update Voices

Every version of GE I've ever tried never made the option to update voices possible.

Clicking on the Extras tab, I get the "Loading Garage Content", the spinning wheel appears, then offers options of ALL, Bundles, Vehicles, Voices.
By clicking on any of the 4 categories nothing appears. This has occurred on every version of GE I've ever tried, including today’s update to 2.52.

Although unable to update the map to 2014.40 using MapUpdater I was able to get it done using GE 2.4.5.

WebUpdater still works properly but I'm at my wits end trying to get GE to make voices available using the Extras tab. I even shut down my Virus and Firewall.
I'm using Eset Nod32 Smart Security.

I also meet the below Express System Requirements
for Windows:

•Windows XP SP3 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4 Client Profile
•1024 x 768 display, USB port and 1 GB RAM
•High speed Internet access (Not for use with dial-up, mobile or satellite connections)
•May require up to 13 GB free disk space

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Did you ever stop...

williston wrote:
alandb wrote:

My Garmin Express just updated to 2.5.2 ... third update in less than a week!

Makes one suspect that Garmin foolishly tweeks the GE code just before releasing a new map version. A risky strategy at best. Why else would the application get WORSE over time and right along with map releases? Good for some, complete failure for others.... This points straight to a program that has been fiddled with so much that it can no longer accommodate the vast combination of platforms that run it (pc's etc) or the hosts that require it (GPS) for the updates.

Even worse, they apparently have also fiddled with their rock-solid bread-and-butter app: Map Updater. Worked fine for years, now it's hit or miss.

and think that the period between loading the updates to the server and the release is to test GE to see if it properly loads the updates like it should? Hence the updates to GE right at release time.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Makes Sense

If that's the case, they should make their entire internal employee base test it (GE, Map Updater) with THEIR own personal unit before releasing it to the customer. This would bring a halt to this mess fast. [maybe] Anyway, if this is what is going on they should chuck it.

Does anyone think their aircraft products and customers are suffering from these installation and update issues? Yeah... I-don't-think-so.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

GE language and vehicle

@muell9k ... I have observed the same with Garmin Express. You will find the downloads for languages and vehicles on the Device tab under Optional Updates, not on the Extras tab. Doesn't make sense, but that's where it is. Unfortunately, they don't allow you to download individual voice files like WebUpdater; you can only select "English" as a language download, so I assume that downloads all English voices, texts, keyboards, etc.

I have seen items on the Extras menu, but it is inconsistant ... sometimes shows up, sometimes doesn't. And it only offers the specialty files (like Elfred, Dr. Nightmare, etc), not the standard voice and vehicle files.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Went to download the 2.4.5.0 version and made a discovery...

After it downloaded, it kept telling me that is was still the previous version, but would not download the new version. When I checked my Garmin directory, I found multiple Garmin Express version, none of them 2.4.5.0; so on a hunch, I removed all of them using the control panel, then downloaded 2.4.5.0 again. It worked, and notified me that a newer version, 2.5.2.0 was available, and downloaded and updated my system.

Look like updates sometimes leave the old versions behind and they interfere with the process

@alanb -Thanks For Confirming

I did see the option for languages and vehicles and there were entries there to select from. But checking extras does not offer anything.

I never gave it a thought that selecting the English language would download all English voices, texts, and keyboards.

Well I just downloaded the English Language choice and you are right in one regard, it did download all the English voices and even added some additional foreign voices that were not English. The keyboard and text files were not downloaded as far as I can tell. I still had the original files on the 2460 so it did not overwrite them since the date stamps were still the same.
The voice files date stamps did change to todays date.

Another step backward by Garmin, why give me all those extra voices that I will be deleting when I only wanted 1 like Webupdater can provide. I don't know what those software developers at Garmin are thinking when they're composing software.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

Agree.

Garmin software development philosophy seems to be "If it ain't broke, bring out something new that breaks it." mad

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

GE - Wonderfully efficient and effective! What a pathetic joke!

alandb wrote:

Garmin software development philosophy seems to be "If it ain't broke, bring out something new that breaks it." mad

And Garmin's philosophy also is to:
(1) Leave old Garmin Express software versions behind on people's computers (that do not always allow future software version updates).
(2) Use Garmin users as Guinea Pigs to test their troubled software so numerous software version updates are issued to tweak it.
(3) Make damn sure that their software always runs on people's computers.

Wonderfully efficient and effective! What a pathetic joke!

https://d3hgnfpzeohxco.cloudfront.net/images/ar/97814650/978...

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Argh

This is the third version in a row I've upgraded to where GE doesn't remember what updates I've already done and forgets the names of the GPS I have.

GE Upgrade loses preferences

The same thing happened to me Narvick. I updated maps on my 3 nuvis using GE 2.4.4. Then after upgrading Express to 2.4.5 and 2.5.2, Express now thinks all the maps need to be updated. And as you said, it lost the custom names I gave to my two older nuvi's.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Grrr!

alandb wrote:

My Garmin Express just updated to 2.5.2 ... third update in less than a week!

After seeing this, I checked for and found the update, and chose to install it to my two Win7 Home Premium x64 PCs. On one PC, the update installed and worked just fine. On the other, half-way through the update, I got a Service 'Garmin Core Update Service' (Garmin Core Update Service) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.
Now I can't install GE at all, 2.4.5 or newer versions. I did set the properties of the exe program to Run As Administrator and the same failure occurred.

I do see Garmin Core Update Service in the Service section of Task Manager--and it's Stopped. It can't be Started because "it's either been disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it."

On the hard drive, Garmin Express seems to be gone except that two folders (Express Elevated Installer and Express Tray) still are present and contain some files.

Possible fix

Do a hard delete of all previous versions on the computer and then install the latest version (2.5.2). For some unknown reason, the old versions to not get along with the latest one. You may have to remove all Garmin software on the machine to make this work.

All previous versions are gone

JFP in PA wrote:

Do a hard delete of all previous versions on the computer and then install the latest version (2.5.2). For some unknown reason, the old versions to not get along with the latest one.

Both Windows and Revo Uninstaller see no present copy of Garmin Express (any version), so there's nothing to delete--unless I manually delete the two folders, Express Elevated Installer and Express Tray.

One more thing. When an older Garmin Express is not on the computer and the only way to install it is to go to Garmin's web site and download GE, it downloads the older 2.4.5, not the new version.

Boy, I'd really hate to have to uninstall all Garmin software from my PC to be able to succeed in getting GE to install.

[Update] After a reboot of my PC, I was able to install 2.4.5.0 again. I'll leave it there for now and not try to update to 2.5.2. Heck, it'll be up to 2.6.1.0 by tomorrow neutral

Updated to 2.5.2

Updated GE 2.5.2 but don't know why. Extras still don't work, maybe they never will.

On the Mac--

I used Garmin Express v. 2.3.7 (71) to do the update yesterday (which took about 14 HOURS!).

Clicking "check for update" in the version box quickly returns the helpful message "Update check failed."

I got my maps upgraded. Eventually. For this I suppose I should be grateful.

--
Nuvi 2460, 680, DATUM Tymserve 2100, Trimble Thunderbolt, Ham radio, Macintosh, Linux, Windows

Express

@CraigW ... I think you dodged a bullet on this one. Something similar happened to me with Express a few months ago. It was 5 or 6 updates ago ... the update crashed and wouldn't reinstall. But in my case, the uninstaller also wouldn't run, so I was screwed. The old version would no longer run. I couldn't uninstall or reinstall the old version and I couldn't install the new version.

I eventually had to go through and manually delete all the Express related files in C:\Program Files (X86). Then I did a Windows registry search for anything containing the word "Express". If I could tie it to Garmin, I deleted it from the registry. I was lucky that this got rid of Express and didn't break anything else. After that I avoided Express for several additional updates. But of course with the 2014.40 map, I had to try it again. Fortunately 2.4.4 and the 2 updates since have installed OK. But I don't trust Express because of the bad experience I had with the older version.

I will say it the nice way ... Garmin Express is a real "piece of work". Thanks a lot Garmin, for disabling MapUpdater which we could at least have some confidence in. mad

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

...

I know that for the GPS unit firmware (or "System Software"), Garmin is not allowed to keep multiple versions available in the general public's access according to ISOxxxx (whatever standard it is) standards. Whatever they're doing with these multiple GE downloads/updates and their leftovers can't be adhering to any kind of "Standard"...that is unless Garmin creates it's own "Standard" on a whim.

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

>

Not sure if 2.3.18.0 showed how much space is left on the unit but the new version does. Both my units have 8 GB of ram. Express shows 79% full for my 3590 and 65% for my 3790. Seemed strange to have a 12% difference since all my poi's and Favs are the same. I deleted a huge text file on the 3590, which brought me down to 77%. Both my jcv files are 480,049kb after last nights update. Didn't find anything significant. The 3590 does have more files which it should. I then stumbled into the ASR directory. In the 3590 there are 4 *.asr files which 2 of them are huge. The 3790 has only 2, and they are relatively small. I checked these files with the ones from 2014.30 and they have grown a bit. Checked with map version 2013.10 and my gmapdem.img and gmap3d.img have actually gotten smaller. I have done this before, i might just wipe the 3590 and see what i end up with.

--
nüvi®3580LMT,nüvi®2598LMT| We do not live in Igloo's, and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.

Double check that......

I did a search using the term "Garmin" and found several files, including the ones you mentioned. Those that I could not uninstall using Windows Control Panel, I wiped out with a file shredding program from my network backup software. Once that was done, Express 2.4.5.0 would install, and it informed me that 2.5.2 was available and updated to it. Now all is well and I have the functioning version 2.5.2 Garmin Express on the computer.

WHAT a MESS!

UPDATE: So, at 7:45 PM eastern I did what I tell everyone not to and started the process. Of course Map Updater bombed out but I always give it a try anyway. I install GE, pick download to Nuvi and PC, AND IT'S STILL RUNNING!! Full Coverage NA took about 2 hours...not too bad.

Right now NuMaps Lifetime yada yada says 96% with 2 hours remaining. Oh yeah, I forgot: Right at the start I get a quick pop up from my anti-virus that says "Garmin Hardened something-or-other is trying to take over the world and do whatever it wants, yada yada, do you want to create an exception???" I say "sure", click the link, anti-virus is happy. But wait! 30 seconds later a pop up from GE saying: "The GE Hardened whatever has encountered a problem and must close...yada yada, I hit "OK" (I think: I was watching the floating horses on the Olympic opening ceremony). GE keeps doing it's thing and it SEEMS to be working but I probably won't know until TOMORROW!

Awful. My advice is to wait until about, let's see: MAY!!! and download your new maps then. As I said: WHAT A MESS! This is going to drive a lot of Nuvi loyalists over the edge to the "dark side". (Smart Phone GPS apps)

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Agree

I agree, williston, that a lot of the problems are probably caused by server overload. The programs aren't getting the correct response to queries and/or not getting timely responses. I downloaded within minutes of the first post saying it was available and got a good install. Download speeds filled my DSL pipe.

The map updates are about 5gb, no matter what size you are installing. A 10gb dsl line will move about 1.1 MB per second, so you can figure your times accordingly.

The biggest choke point I see is the USB speed of the GPS units. It's getting so that you can download much faster than you can install.

My message is, that if you are getting errors and faults, wait till you are out of peak times and try again. Late evening, early morning. Between 4PM and Midnight EST is not the time to try.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

How Pathetic

It's hard to imagine a company as large as Garmin has software developers that are incompetent beyond description. Most of our forum members are more than capable of installing software and working with files. What about the majority of computer users being less capable than us. I'm sure Garmin's phones are ringing off the hook as well as thousands of emails. This costs the company money to provide unnecessary support.

I just checked the Garmin site to download Express.
I downloaded the file and checked the version and it remains 2.4.5 NOT 2.5.2. This leads me to believe that 2.5.2 is an UPGRADE only and a previous version must be installed. Since we longer can download previous versions of firmware, only current, this would support my theory 2.5.2 is an upgrade. The very least they can do is indicate that at the download site.

Lifetime updates are a good thing to have; however, subjecting GPS owners to this kind of aggravation and wasted time will only hurt future business.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

"What a Mess" (continued)

Well, after another 2 hours of "time remaining: 4 minutes" on the screen I cancelled out expecting that I would probably have no map, old map or even that the Nuvi might not even power up. Unit says I have 2014.40. Having no confidence at all that it was complete or not corrupt, I selected "re-install map" with Garmin Express, since Map Updater seems kaput as a choice for me. Went to bed. This morning I see the "Map Successfully Installed" herald on Garmin Express.

Bottom Line: My advice is to hold off on this update for a few weeks until they work out the issues.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

I Will

williston wrote:

Well, after another 2 hours of "time remaining: 4 minutes" on the screen I cancelled out expecting that I would probably have no map, old map or even that the Nuvi might not even power up. Unit says I have 2014.40. Having no confidence at all that it was complete or not corrupt, I selected "re-install map" with Garmin Express, since Map Updater seems kaput as a choice for me. Went to bed. This morning I see the "Map Successfully Installed" herald on Garmin Express.

Bottom Line: My advice is to hold off on this update for a few weeks until they work out the issues.

I will take your advice and wait. Reading these horror stories made my skin crawl.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2019.30 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

I updated mine but it got

I updated mine but it got updated to version 2.5.2

--
Iphone XR, Drivesmart 61,Nuvicam, Nuvi3597

The other thread here...

The other thread here (City Navigater is out-installation issues) has lots of happy folks reporting GE worked fine for them. That was me too...until this update. It (Garmin Express)is way too complicated for what it does. I can't imagine what their support lines must be like after these releases. Has to be utter bedlam there, especially when you have been on hold for an hour with a hung GE or Nuvi.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Wise Choice

Gary A wrote:
williston wrote:

Well, after another 2 hours of "time remaining: 4 minutes" on the screen I cancelled out expecting that I would probably have no map, old map or even that the Nuvi might not even power up. Unit says I have 2014.40. Having no confidence at all that it was complete or not corrupt, I selected "re-install map" with Garmin Express, since Map Updater seems kaput as a choice for me. Went to bed. This morning I see the "Map Successfully Installed" herald on Garmin Express.

Bottom Line: My advice is to hold off on this update for a few weeks until they work out the issues.

I will take your advice and wait. Reading these horror stories made my skin crawl.

You are a smarter man that I am Gary! wink In my area, the only thing I probably gained with this update is some one-way side street was corrected and a new phone number for the local "House of Pizza"!

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Agreed!

williston wrote:

The other thread here (City Navigater is out-installation issues) has lots of happy folks reporting GE worked fine for them. That was me too...until this update. It (Garmin Express)is way too complicated for what it does. I can't imagine what their support lines must be like after these releases. Has to be utter bedlam there, especially when you have been on hold for an hour with a hung GE or Nuvi.

I agree and had exactly your results. GE (2.3.18) worked fine updating my three nuvis and installing maps to three PCs for use with Mapsource and Basecamp.

I was a happy camper with GE 2.3.18 and the update to 2.4.5, but my extreme grief started (on one of two PCs--I haven't dared work on the 3rd) when 2.5.2 came along and that's when others started mentioning their problems with GE updates: failed updates, inability to uninstall or install, etc.

I do still use WebUpdater for my device updates rather than let GE handle it. I use GE only for map updates--and only because the new map can't be installed with GarminMapUpdater.

upgrades

Too bad Garmin Express is such a crummy program - can't even update itself - better to uninstall and reload.

--
Garmin Drive Smart 61 NA LMT-S

True but...

Garmin Gal wrote:

Too bad Garmin Express is such a crummy program - can't even update itself - better to uninstall and reload.

I agree if it all works. But I and other have had issues uninstalling the program--and when this occurs, a later install/reinstall also fails.

Updating and uninstalling GE give me the feeling I'd expect if I were to play Russian Roulette. You never know what's going to happen.

Forrest Gump

CraigW wrote:
Garmin Gal wrote:

Too bad Garmin Express is such a crummy program - can't even update itself - better to uninstall and reload.

I agree if it all works. But I and other have had issues uninstalling the program--and when this occurs, a later install/reinstall also fails.

Updating and uninstalling GE give me the feeling I'd expect if I were to play Russian Roulette. You never know what's going to happen.

Garmin Express is like a box of chocolates... sad rolleyes

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2019.30 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

New version of MapUpdater!!!

The good news is that I just read in the GPSPassion forum that Garmin has updated MapUpdater to version 3.3.3 for Windows. And guess what! I tried it and it works for 2014.40! You can download it here:
http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alandb wrote:

The good news is that I just read in the GPSPassion forum that Garmin has updated MapUpdater to version 3.3.3 for Windows. And guess what! I tried it and it works for 2014.40! You can download it here:
http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe

Wonderful!!! Thank you alandb!!!!

I really, really do appreciate that information...and also the link you provided for MapUpdater v3.3.3.

I just successfully downloaded the newest version of MapUpdater (confirmed v3.3.3) and I will now download Map Update 2014.40 and install it on my GPS.

I did NOT want to use Garmin Express...

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Now that's great news !

alandb wrote:

The good news is that I just read in the GPSPassion forum that Garmin has updated MapUpdater to version 3.3.3 for Windows. And guess what! I tried it and it works for 2014.40! You can download it here:
http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe

smile

--
Nüvi 255WT with nüMaps Lifetime North America born on 602117815 / Nüvi 3597LMTHD born on 805972514 / I love Friday’s except when I’m on holidays ~ canuk

.

That is so strange how some of you guys are having a nightmare with this upload and use of GE 2.4.5, i had no issues whats so ever everything flew by, from time of DL to unplugging the garmin from the laptop was around 1.5 hrs or less.

is it something configured on your PC why some have an issue? i even left my AV running and had no problem.

--
Garmin nuvi 350 Lifetime Map Updates NT 2018.10

From what I have seen...

From what I have seen, if something becomes corrupted with the program, it is an absolute NIGHTMARE to resolve. I was able to successfully install Garmin Express onto a PC that has never seen any Garmin software and it is working fine. On my laptop, I am unable to install the latest version of Garmin Express because it is telling me that it cannot remove the previous version. I have checked every where to find this "software" but I believe there is an entry in the registry that I need to hunt down. I've been using several registry tools to look for it, but no luck. I may have to resort to manually figuring out which line it is and remove it.

If it is working, it works well. Once something goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong!

--
Streetpilot C340 Nuvi 2595 LMT

Bye Bye Garmin Express!

Well, Garmin Express 2.5.2 worked fine for me after I updated yesterday. But after starting up my computer this morning, Express was giving me the "User Account Control" dialog every time I tried to launch it. This problem has been reported by other users, and Garmin has never given any satisfactory solution.

So, since the new version of MapUpdater (3.3.3) seems to work with the map update, I decided to get rid of Express again. Fortunately the uninstall seemed to work ... Bye Bye Express. Good riddance!

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Used MapUpdater v3.3.3 to D/L & install 2014.40 with no problems

Perfect!!! I used MapUpdater v3.3.3 to download and install 2014.40 without any problems whatsoever.

Damn, I'm glad I waited and didn't use that POS Garmin Express! Why Garmin even has 'Garmin Express' is beyond me...

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

Removal Of Garmin Express

alandb wrote:

Well, Garmin Express 2.5.2 worked fine for me after I updated yesterday. But after starting up my computer this morning, Express was giving me the "User Account Control" dialog every time I tried to launch it. This problem has been reported by other users, and Garmin has never given any satisfactory solution.

So, since the new version of MapUpdater (3.3.3) seems to work with the map update, I decided to get rid of Express again. Fortunately the uninstall seemed to work ... Bye Bye Express. Good riddance!

I too removed Garmin Express today but even when removing it left a lot of debris on my PC.
This is using XP Professional.

I found folders remained in:
Documents and Settings> All Users> Application Data> Garmin.

Documents and Settings> YOUR USER NAME> Application Data> Garmin.

Documents and Settings> YOUR USER NAME> Local Settings> Application Data> Garmin.

I also used RegEdit and another registry cleaner and found many entries that I deleted.

Caution: please don't mess with your registry entries unless you're absolutely positve you know what you're doing.

I ALWAYS have a backed up Image file of my PC before altering my registry. If something goes wrong I restore the image, my PC goes back to before I made any modifications.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

LEAVING FOR VACATION NEXT WEEK

Will wait until I get back to download the new map.

--
3790LMT; 2595LMT; 3590LMT, 60LMTHD

Try Revo Uninstaller

muell9k wrote:

...

I too removed Garmin Express today but even when removing it left a lot of debris on my PC.
This is using XP Professional.

...

There is a "portable" and "freeware" program called Revo Uninstaller that will solve most of the problems of leftover registry entries and folders/files.

Get it at
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?q=revo+uninstaller...

When it runs, pick option four (4) and let it do a thorough cleanup.

No

daman wrote:

That is so strange how some of you guys are having a nightmare with this upload and use of GE 2.4.5, i had no issues whats so ever everything flew by, from time of DL to unplugging the garmin from the laptop was around 1.5 hrs or less.

is it something configured on your PC why some have an issue? i even left my AV running and had no problem.

At some point Garmin Express removed the TTS "Karen" voice from my 2595 which I have used from the beginning and replaced it with "Jack". There is no way my PC caused this IMO. Even if I had the most ancient PC with a nightmare of registry problems, there is no way it could cause Voice removals from my 2595.

--
"Primum Non Nocere" 2595LMT Clear Channel and Navteq Traffic

Another update

Garmin Express is now updated to 2.5.3

--
DriveAssist 50 (stolen), Nüvi 2595LMT

Thanks for the notice

but I think I'll pass. I hope I won't need Express for the next map update.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have not had the problems with GE that others have had, so I do use it.

Page 1>>