MTP Mode Garmin| How to change it to Mass Storage.
What are the system requirements for my MTP device?
Some automotive devices use Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) for connecting to your computer. MTP provides a more secure environment for the important system files on your device.
MTP connectivity requires the following.
Windows XP with service pack 3 or later.
Windows Media Player 11 or later.
The following devices use MTP mode:
The Camper/RV 660, 760, dezl 570, 760, 770, dezlCam, Garmin Drive 40, 50, 60, Garmin DriveAssist 50, Garmin DriveLuxe 50, Garmin DriveSmart 50, 60, 70 series, Garmin DriveTrack 70, nuvi 55, 56, 57, 58, 65, 66, 67, 68, 2405, 2407, 2408, 2505, 2507, 2508, 2509, 2609, 2707, 2708, 2709, 3400, 3500, 3507, 3508 series devices, nuviCam, zumo 350, 390, 395, 590, and 595 devices use Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) for connecting to your computer. MTP provides a more secure environment for the important system files on your device.
If the above system requirements are not met, or you are using the device on a Mac, the device will connect to the computer using standard mass storage mode instead of MTP mode.
To change to Mass Storage. Example, using Nuvi 2597.
1. Bring up the volume screen on the GPS.
2. On the upper right hand corner. Press your finger on screen and hold for appx 10 seconds.
3. Shortly you will see the developers screen.
4. Find MTP Settings and touch it.
5. It will show 3 selections. MTP Auto Detect,Mass Storage and Mass Storage Single Session.
6. Touch Mass Storage as your selection.
7. Now select save and you are good to go.