Weird behavior in 3790

 

Recently it will put a destination and time in the green bar on top when I start the car and it turns on. I have no destination set. It most frequently will say " Home 5 min" or once "VIllage Inn 6 min" . I haven't told it to do anything. Am I missing a setting someplace?

--
NUVI 660, Late 2012 iMac, Macbook 2.1 Fall 2008, iPhone6 , Nuvi 3790, iPad2

MyTrends.

Sounds like you have MyTrends enabled. I don't have any first hand experience with the newer units with this feature, but what you describe sounds like the predictive destination function of MyTrends.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Yes

Yes, that is exactly what myTrends will do, try and predict where you want to go based on previous destinations you have entered. These predictions appear in the green bar, as you describe.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Prediction

t923347 wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what myTrends will do, try and predict where you want to go based on previous destinations you have entered. These predictions appear in the green bar, as you describe.

GPS's predicting where you are going!!!
Coming soon.........
GPS's commanding you where to go

--
Being ALL I can be for HIM! Jesus. Kenwood DNX9980HD Garmin 885t

No biggie

PastorMC wrote:
t923347 wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what myTrends will do, try and predict where you want to go based on previous destinations you have entered. These predictions appear in the green bar, as you describe.

GPS's predicting where you are going!!!
Coming soon.........
GPS's commanding you where to go

It's there if you like and need it. If you find it annoying it can be turned off. I have it off on my GPS.

.

As do I, from the start. From my viewpoint, if it predicts MyTrends, I've done it a few times, and know where I'm going by then... But, that's just my logic on it. YMMV.

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

That's it

I don't know how it got turned on but that was the problem. It's off now. Thanks.

--
NUVI 660, Late 2012 iMac, Macbook 2.1 Fall 2008, iPhone6 , Nuvi 3790, iPad2

Me too

Juggernaut wrote:

As do I, from the start. From my viewpoint, if it predicts MyTrends, I've done it a few times, and know where I'm going by then... But, that's just my logic on it. YMMV.

I too have it turned off, in my judgment the only apparent use would be if you are going to lend the unit to someone who is not familiar with the safe way to get there, you may go to a particular location avoiding unsavory neighborhoods and the unit can replicate your routes to the person using it.

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7 - Toyota Entune NAV

As I recall it was on by default

geochapman wrote:

I don't know how it got turned on but that was the problem. It's off now. Thanks.

As I recall it was on by default when I got my 3790LMT and I turned it off when going through the original settings.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Not exactly

t923347 wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what myTrends will do, try and predict where you want to go based on previous destinations you have entered. These predictions appear in the green bar, as you describe.

It will predict where you are going based on repeated trends based on time of day you leave and if the destination is saved in favorites. I have it enabled and I get the Work one when I leave for work and the golf course one for my golf league. I leave at near the same time to these locations on the respective days - It will even say home on my way from those locations. It is nice because the traffic is displayed.

--
JRoz -- DriveLuxe 50

I reset the unit

rjrsw wrote:
geochapman wrote:

I don't know how it got turned on but that was the problem. It's off now. Thanks.

As I recall it was on by default when I got my 3790LMT and I turned it off when going through the original settings.

As the title says, I reset the unit and that's when it got turned on and I didn't think of it.

--
NUVI 660, Late 2012 iMac, Macbook 2.1 Fall 2008, iPhone6 , Nuvi 3790, iPad2

?

Juggernaut wrote:

"and know where i'm going by
then...."
"But, that's just my logic on it."

You gotta stop eating the Elephants Pea-nuts Rob.. mrgreen

--
nüvi®3580LMT,nüvi®2598LMT| We do not live in Igloo's, and do not all ride to work on snow mobiles.