BaseCamp Help and Information

 

I have asked questions for help on BaseCamp but they are in other post for BaseCamp and not always seen.

I am making this post as a place for help and information about BaseCamp.

I don't want to learn it but if Garmin stops supporting Mapsourse and uses BaseCamp it must be a better product.

If you have any questions or have any tips for BaseCamp please post them here.

Thanks Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)
1 2 3
<<Page 4>>

Did this

jgermann wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

...

No matter what I do the Budapest file is not uploaded using POI LOader. The Budapest Folder is uploaded and according to my file numbers the poi file is uploaded. The Budapest folder just reports "No matches found" until I put another poi in the Budapest folder with another's cities coordinates, then I can see the other cities file and not the Budapest file.
This tells me there is nothing wrong with my file structure.

I can send the Budapest files as way points to my Garmin and they point to the correct place in Budapest on my Garmin Map. But I can not send them using POI Loader to my Extras.

I am getting mixed up by how we are using the word "folder".

I think of a "folder" as being akin to a "directory" when used on the computer.

In GPS terms we use "folders" on our computer to generate "categories" on our devices.

Having said that, what did you mean when your talked about "put[ting] another poi in the Budapest folder with another's cities coordinates, then I can see the other cities file and not the Budapest file."

You say that the Budapest file will not work when you try to load it BY ITSELF.

This is telling me that the .gpx file for Budapest has some problem.

I use Notepad++Portable with an add-in module that will format .gpx files for me.

Let me suggest that you try opening your .gpx Budapest file in Word and look at its format and extensions. Open a different .gpx file and see how they compare.

Report back, please.

John

No difference....

Sure do appreciate all the suggestions....
Am working on each of them now.

Thanks Everyone....

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Still working on it

On Basecamp I just took a file that works Attractions...(Brownwood) that has two pois in it.
I added two pois from the city of Budapest to it.

I used POI Loader and deleted everything from my Estras.

I then used POI Loader to upload only the Attractions,
The Brownwood file is their with it's two original pois but the other two from the city of Budapest are not there.....

Pulling out my hair.

I put my Budapest file in Word (the one that has some Budapest pois and one Prague poi)
They are all there and look the same.

I will put my Brownwood in Word and see what it look like

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Tried this

camerabob wrote:

Open it in Extra_POI_Editor, then save it again. That should (using the word here cautiously) iron out any formatting errors, then try to load it back into your unit with POI Loader.

The same result...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Thanks

Norwood wrote:

Here is the video: http://youtu.be/uGvgv8mVPPw

Again, hope this helps or at least sparks an idea.

Just looked at this video.
It is just what I do.
Thanks...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Could you post the GPX entry here?

Perhaps more eyes may see something weird...

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

How

camerabob wrote:

Perhaps more eyes may see something weird...

How do I post the gpx?

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

The strange part

I can go to BaseCamp and send to device and the POIs are saved in the Favorites. They are correct and in the correct space on the map.

Using Basecamp to Export them to my file and then using POI Loader they will not go into my Extras.
Have worked on this for three days. I use Basecamp to export my other files, Prague, Vienna, Munich, etc and all works great... Just not Budapest...

Going to go to my craft room and sew for a while to get my mind back... smile

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

one more thing

mgarledge wrote:

I can go to BaseCamp and send to device and the POIs are saved in the Favorites. They are correct and in the correct space on the map.

Using Basecamp to Export them to my file and then using POI Loader they will not go into my Extras.
Have worked on this for three days. I use Basecamp to export my other files, Prague, Vienna, Munich, etc and all works great... Just not Budapest...

How many different files (folders) do you have under Attractions? I don't think Garmin has ever addressed the 32 file/folder limitation.

--
Illiterate? Write for free help.

I have 11 folders

I don't think it is my file structure because I can put the files in my Brownwood folder with the two files in it and the two Brwonwood files are seen but not the Budapest files.

I put two of the files individually under Attractions, not in a folder. They showed up but when you click on them they say "No information found" just like the folder for Budapest does.

I open the files in Basecamp and the information is in the waypoint. They show up in my waypoints.....just not my Extras... I have over 27,000 files in Extra and am doing the same thing that I did to put these files there.....

I open them in Extra POI Editor and they are there and show correctly on the map.

It is very strange.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Just made new

I just wiped all Extras off Garmin

Made a new folder on my computer
Put only two files in it.
Castle Hill Budapest
Charles Bridge Prague

click on Castle Hill Budapest - "No matches found"
Clidk on Charles Bridge Prague - It is there...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

@mgarledge

Assuming that you first deleted all the other POIs using POI Loader, when you ran only the Budapest file, what messages did you get from POI Loader as to the number of POIs loaded?

Then assuming your unit is similar to my 2595, what happens when you do Where To? > Categories > [down arrows] > Custom POIs > All Categories > All Categories (note the 2nd All Categories)?

At that point my 2595 gives me the closest 50 of all the Custom POIs - regardless of any categorization.

This is a long shot ...

When Garmin added the feature in POI Loader that would automatically "correct" reversed coordinates, I think it was based on the concept that most land based coordinates when reversed will put you over an ocean somewhere. But in Budapest, reversing the coordinates actually puts you in the Saudi desert. I wonder if POI Loader is incorrectly reversing your Budapest coordinates, putting them in the wrong place. Not likely, but maybe something to check out.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Posting the GPX

mgarledge wrote:
camerabob wrote:

Perhaps more eyes may see something weird...

How do I post the gpx?

Export the points in question. Open the new exported file in a text editor, copy from there, paste here.

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

2

jgermann wrote:

Assuming that you first deleted all the other POIs using POI Loader, when you ran only the Budapest file, what messages did you get from POI Loader as to the number of POIs loaded?

Then assuming your unit is similar to my 2595, what happens when you do Where To? > Categories > [down arrows] > Custom POIs > All Categories > All Categories (note the 2nd All Categories)?

At that point my 2595 gives me the closest 50 of all the Custom POIs - regardless of any categorization.

I deleted everything and when I loaded it said 2 files.

I just made a Budapest file with Extra Poi Editor.
I put it in the same Test folder. Now I have 3 files in it. I used POI Loader and it said 3 files.
Three files are there but clicking on them only the one Prague file will show. The other two say "No match found"

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Are the file sizes 'normal'?

Are the two non working ones really small? There may be no data in them due to some encoding issue.

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

NotPad

,,,"

Phone:

"
19.041358027607203,47.496883040294051,Castle Hill,"Lánchíd Utca 11
Budapest 1
Budapest 1013
Phone:

Lánchíd Utca 11

1013, Budapest 1, Budapest, HUN"

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Not small

camerabob wrote:

Are the two non working ones really small? There may be no data in them due to some encoding issue.

Just posted one...

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

They are the same

alandb wrote:

When Garmin added the feature in POI Loader that would automatically "correct" reversed coordinates, I think it was based on the concept that most land based coordinates when reversed will put you over an ocean somewhere. But in Budapest, reversing the coordinates actually puts you in the Saudi desert. I wonder if POI Loader is incorrectly reversing your Budapest coordinates, putting them in the wrong place. Not likely, but maybe something to check out.

Everything else is working ok when I use POI Loader.

I am going to delete my Loader and go to Garmin and redownload it.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

files?

mgarledge wrote:
jgermann wrote:

Assuming that you first deleted all the other POIs using POI Loader, when you ran only the Budapest file, what messages did you get from POI Loader as to the number of POIs loaded?

Then assuming your unit is similar to my 2595, what happens when you do Where To? > Categories > [down arrows] > Custom POIs > All Categories > All Categories (note the 2nd All Categories)?

At that point my 2595 gives me the closest 50 of all the Custom POIs - regardless of any categorization.

I deleted everything and when I loaded it said 2 files.

I just made a Budapest file with Extra Poi Editor.
I put it in the same Test folder. Now I have 3 files in it. I used POI Loader and it said 3 files.
Three files are there but clicking on them only the one Prague file will show. The other two say "No match found"

My POI Loader does not say how "files" it loaded. On a run I just did with revised Jo-Ann files, it said the following

Quote:

Congratulations! You have successfully loaded 26 custom POIs on your device.

Note that some devices require a restart before displaying the newly sent custom POIs.

Please try JUST the budapest file again and let us know how many "POIs" that POI Loader says were loaded.

This is more web browser compatable...

mgarledge wrote:

<Longitude>,<Latitude>,<POI Name>,"<Address>
<City>
<State> <Post Code>
Phone:<Phone>

<Description>"
19.041358027607203,47.496883040294051,Castle Hill,"Lánchíd Utca 11
Budapest 1
Budapest 1013
Phone:

Lánchíd Utca 11

1013, Budapest 1, Budapest, HUN"

It's also a CSV format with column headings.

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

That is what it said

jgermann wrote:
mgarledge wrote:
jgermann wrote:

Assuming that you first deleted all the other POIs using POI Loader, when you ran only the Budapest file, what messages did you get from POI Loader as to the number of POIs loaded?

Then assuming your unit is similar to my 2595, what happens when you do Where To? > Categories > [down arrows] > Custom POIs > All Categories > All Categories (note the 2nd All Categories)?

At that point my 2595 gives me the closest 50 of all the Custom POIs - regardless of any categorization.

I deleted everything and when I loaded it said 2 files.

I just made a Budapest file with Extra Poi Editor.
I put it in the same Test folder. Now I have 3 files in it. I used POI Loader and it said 3 files.
Three files are there but clicking on them only the one Prague file will show. The other two say "No match found"

My POI Loader does not say how "files" it loaded. On a run I just did with revised Jo-Ann files, it said the following

Quote:

Congratulations! You have successfully loaded 26 custom POIs on your device.

Note that some devices require a restart before displaying the newly sent custom POIs.

Please try JUST the budapest file again and let us know how many "POIs" that POI Loader says were loaded.

It said POIs.

I just deleted my poi loader and re downloaded it from Garmin

Reloaded all my data - said 27,353 POIs

But no luck....still the only poi in my Budapest folder is the Prague file.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Not sure what you mean

camerabob wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

<Longitude>,<Latitude>,<POI Name>,"<Address>
<City>
<State> <Post Code>
Phone:<Phone>

<Description>"
19.041358027607203,47.496883040294051,Castle Hill,"Lánchíd Utca 11
Budapest 1
Budapest 1013
Phone:

Lánchíd Utca 11

1013, Budapest 1, Budapest, HUN"

It's also a CSV format with column headings.

Not sure what you mean. Basecamp saves it to .gpx so I went to Extra poi editor and changed it to a csv so I could open it in Notepad.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Try this

<gpx>
<wpt lat="47.496883040294051" lon="19.041358027607203">
<name>Castle Hill</name>
<cmt> </cmt>
<desc>Lánchíd Utca 11,1013, Budapest 1, Budapest, HUN</desc>
<extensions>
<gpxx:WaypointExtension>
<gpxx:Address>
<gpxx:StreetAddress>Lánchíd Utca 11</gpxx:StreetAddress>
<gpxx:City>Budapest 1</gpxx:City>
<gpxx:State>Budapest</gpxx:State>
<gpxx:Country>HUN</gpxx:Country>
<gpxx:PostalCode>1013</gpxx:PostalCode>
</gpxx:Address>
<gpxx:PhoneNumber>Phone:</gpxx:PhoneNumber>
</gpxx:WaypointExtension>
</extensions>
</wpt>

</gpx>

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

I wanted you to open the .gpx file in notepad and post... ;-)

mgarledge wrote:
camerabob wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

<Longitude>,<Latitude>,<POI Name>,"<Address>
<City>
<State> <Post Code>
Phone:<Phone>

<Description>"
19.041358027607203,47.496883040294051,Castle Hill,"Lánchíd Utca 11
Budapest 1
Budapest 1013
Phone:

Lánchíd Utca 11

1013, Budapest 1, Budapest, HUN"

It's also a CSV format with column headings.

Not sure what you mean. Basecamp saves it to .gpx so I went to Extra poi editor and changed it to a csv so I could open it in Notepad.

--
Striving to make the NYC Metro area project the best.

I doubt Budapest has 27,353 POIs

mgarledge wrote:

...
It said POIs.

I just deleted my poi loader and re downloaded it from Garmin

Reloaded all my data - said 27,353 POIs

But no luck....still the only poi in my Budapest folder is the Prague file.

If you do a run with POI Loader pointing to ONE single folder that contains JUST the Budapest file (no other files or folders beneath the folder POI Loader points to), how many "POIs" were loaded successfully?

This is what I get

2014-03-18T17:08:10Z
"47.496883040294051" "19.041358027607203
"47.496883040294051" "19.041358027607203" />

lat="47.496883040294051" lon="19.041358027607203">
Castle Hill
Lánchíd Utca 11

1013, Budapest 1, Budapest, HUN
Lánchíd Utca 11

1013, Budapest 1, Budapest, HUN
Flag, Blue
user

SymbolAndName

Budapest

Lánchíd Utca 11
Budapest 1
Budapest
HUN
1013

SymbolAndName

Budapest

Lánchíd Utca 11
Budapest 1
Budapest
HUN
1013

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

I just ran it correctly

jgermann wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

...
It said POIs loaded

I just deleted my poi loader and re downloaded it from Garmin

Reloaded all my data - said 27,353 POIs

But no luck....still the only poi in my Budapest folder is the Prague file.

If you do a run with POI Loader pointing to ONE single folder that contains JUST the Budapest file (no other files or folders beneath the folder POI Loader points to), how many "POIs" were loaded successfully?

My test folder has 3 .gpx and 1 .cvs.

I ran the new poi loader I just downloaded.
It said 4 pois

Only 3 show up The .cvs one that I forgot to remove does not show up.

When I click on these this is what I get.
Castle Hill Budapest ("No matches found")
Charles Bridge Prague (it's there and correct"
Castle Hill Budapest from POI Editor (no matches found)

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Another way

Is there another way to get the POIs in Extra without using POI Loader?

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

4 pois????

mgarledge wrote:

...
My test folder has 3 .gpx and 1 .cvs.

I ran the new poi loader I just downloaded.
It said 4 pois

Only 3 show up The .cvs one that I forgot to remove does not show up.

When I click on these this is what I get.
Castle Hill Budapest ("No matches found")
Charles Bridge Prague (it's there and correct"
Castle Hill Budapest from POI Editor (no matches found)

Based on what you just said you have 3 .gpx files EACH OF WHICH HAVE ONLY ONE POINT OF INTEREST.

Sorry to shout like that but we really need to know what you are doing.

Then you had 1 .csv file but it did not show up.

Now you said there were 4 POIs loaded and the .csv file did not show up so that implies that one of the .gpx files had 2 POIs.

Thanks for your time and email

jgermann wrote:
mgarledge wrote:

...
My test folder has 3 .gpx and 1 .cvs.

I ran the new poi loader I just downloaded.
It said 4 pois

Only 3 show up The .cvs one that I forgot to remove does not show up.

When I click on these this is what I get.
Castle Hill Budapest ("No matches found")
Charles Bridge Prague (it's there and correct"
Castle Hill Budapest from POI Editor (no matches found)

Based on what you just said you have 3 .gpx files EACH OF WHICH HAVE ONLY ONE POINT OF INTEREST.

Sorry to shout like that but we really need to know what you are doing.

Then you had 1 .csv file but it did not show up.

Now you said there were 4 POIs loaded and the .csv file did not show up so that implies that one of the .gpx files had 2 POIs.

Three are .gpx and one is .csv
It seems not to matter if they are being seen my poi loader tells me they all four were sent. The map just doesn't recognize them.

Even when I change the lon and lat it doesn't work.

When you changed the lat and lon were the pois in the correct spot on the map?

I still can't get mine to work

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

I found this on a search on

I found this on a search on Google

""After wasting umpteenth amount of time, recreating POI file and reinstalling it on GPS over and over again.
It turns out to be "IMHO" a bug in the 1450, to see my newly installed custom POIs, I need to "Where To?" -> "Near" -> "A Different City" -> "Extras" -> "Custom POIs", and "bingo". I got my newly installed custom POIs.""
----------------------------------------------
I can see my Budapest POIs in Extra if I do what the above said. I have a 2450. When I do this I can not see any local POIs in Extra.

To see my local POIs again I have to go to Where to--Near-- Where I am now.

Then I have to go back to the top directions again to see Budapest again.

I don't have to do this with Prague, Munich, Vienna, Salzbury, only Budapest.

Strange.....

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Thanks jgermann for all the help

John took my files and worked on them, he could get them to work on his GPS but I could not get them to work on mine.

This is the email I sent back to John.
-----------------------------
"I did the steps on my 2450 that the post told to do and it worked as to the Budapest Extras but while doing this I had “No match found” for my local Extras.

So the files are on the 2450. You just have to go through a few hoops to see them.

I looked at everything and the only thing I can figure out is that Budapest is my furthest place with POIs.
My next pois are 5450 or so miles away. Since I can see my Extras to Budapest but not my local pois when I go through the directions I found, I am assuming that if you have POIs over 5500 miles away you have to change the city closer to your POIs to see your Extras.
I haven’t tested any further away places than Budapest to see yet but that is my theory."

The steps are in my above post.

So many have helped me and it has been a frustrating 3 days... Don't wan't to see Jill for a while. smile

Thanks again everyone.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Budapest

Instead of trying to resolve the Budapest problem in this thread you should open a new tread for that hpurpose. It does not relate to Basecamp help and Informaton and it is saturating this post

--
Ginpi

.

The answer is also in the Garmin knowledge Base:

Why are my Custom POIs not showing up when I go to Extras on my device?

"If they are several hundred miles away, they will not show up even when searching by name. To find these points you will need to set your location near the Custom POIs and then search for them."

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

Wish this was 3 days eariler

WAASup wrote:

The answer is also in the Garmin knowledge Base:

Why are my Custom POIs not showing up when I go to Extras on my device?

"If they are several hundred miles away, they will not show up even when searching by name. To find these points you will need to set your location near the Custom POIs and then search for them."

Thanks, Didn't find this in Garmin. The one I found was on another site.
Thanks

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

The problem occurred while using BaseCamp

Ginpi wrote:

Instead of trying to resolve the Budapest problem in this thread you should open a new tread for that hpurpose. It does not relate to Basecamp help and Informaton and it is saturating this post

Thanks for your concern, but the problem occurred while using BaseCamp and there was no way of knowing if it was BaseCamp without these post.

Thanks anyway.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

My Appologies

Ginpi wrote:

Instead of trying to resolve the Budapest problem in this thread you should open a new tread for that hpurpose. It does not relate to Basecamp help and Informaton and it is saturating this post

@Ginpi

I am likely the major offender of posts working with mgarledge to try and solve her problem. My original assumptions was that Basecamp somehow created a file with bad information. It turned out to not be a Basecamp problem but it was only after looking that the files that such was apparent. We are still not quite sure what the problem is but when we continue the discussion, we will open a new thread.

John

what's the latest?

Thinking about downloading software I can use to create routes and upload to my Garmin Nuvi 2xx7 GPS. I believe from these comments Basecamp is available but no longer supported. What software would you all recommend and steer me toward as of today?

BaseCamp is still supported

BaseCamp is still supported and gets occasional updates. The current Mac version is 4.6.3,

--
Frank DriveSmart55 37.322760, -79.511267

Latest Basecamp is Windows is 4.6.2

Installing now, on Windows 7. Will give it a whirl. Didn't realize it was free, I hadn't tried it previously because I thought it was close to $100. Don't know where I got that idea :-/

Well ...

As far as I'm aware all development of BaseCamp has ended. Like MapSource though it should continue to work for many years to come

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

Mapsource

deere478 wrote:

Installing now, on Windows 7. Will give it a whirl. Didn't realize it was free, I hadn't tried it previously because I thought it was close to $100. Don't know where I got that idea :-/

Basecamp has a pretty steep learning curve. There are many helpful tips in this ongoing post as well as in the FAQ section:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/41134

Many here, including myself, still use Garmin's older Mapsource program as a companion to Basecamp. I find it quicker and easier to use for simple tasks.

Although Mapsource support was discontinued in 2010, the program is still available here:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

THANKS

For the links.

BaseCamp Map Location - can default be changed?

I understand that the default install location for maps (e.g. CN NA 2020.20) on a PC is in C:/ProgramData/GARMIN/Maps

Is it possible to install maps in another location and have BaseCamp find them? Or BaseCamp let me browse to them? Or create some symlink?

I'd like to put my maps on my D: drive instead of my C: drive.

thanks.

Well ...

Simplest way is to use JaVaWa's GMTK program to move the maps

http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk_en.html

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

relocating maps

Thanks for this. Sorry I got sidetracked.
-ceej

How to find Favorites on my GPS but not in my BaseCamp?

I use BaseCamp to store all my personal map/travel data. Specifically my Favorites. I keep them in lists, export the lists by name, move them to the (Zumo) GPS, then import them. They show up in groups. This is all good.

Occasionally when I am on the road (or it is not convenient for me to access BaseCamp), I will add a new favorite through the GPS interface. I don't do a good job of remembering when and what I have added, so those favorites don't get entered into BaseCamp.

I'm wondering if it is somehow possible to compare Favorites in BaseCamp and on the GPS to find those in one place and not in the other? I'm not looking for some sync function. But a 'differences' would be really nice. Or anything close to such a thing. I realize there is unlikely any program to do this. But does anyone have (or suggest) even some kind of manual procedure for doing so?

Thanks,
-ceej

Well

When I want to do this I simply delete the data in BaseCamp and copy the current data across from my device, only takes a few seconds.

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

Sorting

I do this all the time.

In BaseCamp, you can sort the points by newest, oldest, name and type. When I want to transfer the new points I created on my GPS to BaseCamp, I attach the GPS to the computer, then in BC, I sort the points by Sort by Date: Newest First. That displays the recently added points on the GPS on the top of the list. I then select those points and drag them to the "On My Computer" location.

Play around with this and you figure out all you can do with it.

--
When you are dead, you don’t know that you are dead. It is only difficult for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Wow

Where do you do that, all I see are sort by symbol, name, ascending, descending? Never found a way to sort them by date etc

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20
1 2 3
<<Page 4>>