Chit Chat Thread for the week of July 13th 2009

 

This is the place to talk about things that are not gps related.

Have fun...

This thread will be closed on Monday and a new one will be opened.

MaryAnn Melby AKA Miss POI

<<Page 2

FIRST AGAIN.... on pg 2.

I am first again on page 2.

boy am i lucky.

thats twice in two weeks.

--
Thanasi---Magellan RoadMate 1700LM , & Magellan RoadMate 5045LM "Speed is just a question of money. How fast do you want to go!!!!" Movie: Mad Max - 1979

Page 2

Wow it must be Tuesday already. Rain or shine Happy Tuesday everyone!!

A/C is running all the time

A/C is running all the time in Phoenix.

Monday had a great start for

Monday had a great start for the week hopefully the weekend is as good smile

Hello!

I recently purchased a new Garmin GPS, and wondered if there was a way to add content to what it already had. And then I found this web site! What a bit of luck for me. I've already found several useful bits, and hope to be able to contribute later on. Thanks for being here!

Welcome

Make sure you find Gary Hayman's site if you haven't already: http://home.comcast.net/~ghayman3/garmin.gps/index.html.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

last one?

may be i am the last one?

--
Nuvi 2595LMT

Not Here!

azingve wrote:

A/C is running all the time in Phoenix.

I think I have used the A/C once since summer has started here in New Jersey.

--
Steve

Still hot down south

.. but if we keep the wind blowing a bit it doesn't feel quite as bad.

The A/C runs every day. But conversely, I believe our heating system only kicked on once or twice after about the middle of January.

--
Randy C530, Nuvi 52

hello

johndej wrote:

I recently purchased a new Garmin GPS, and wondered if there was a way to add content to what it already had. And then I found this web site! What a bit of luck for me. I've already found several useful bits, and hope to be able to contribute later on. Thanks for being here!

welcome johndej,glad to have you aboard,look forward to you being a member of the community.

--
garmin nuvi,750 ***3ʇǝʞɔɐɾpǝɹ*** garmin nuvi,855 garmin nuvi,1490t

Google Voice

Google voice invites went out.I signed up.Has some nice features especially the free long distance for the USA.Lots of other nice features that you can do from the computer.Here is the site http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html .Just click on invite to get a notice.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor Navigator - Offline Maps & GPS.

No A/C for me ... yet!

Grandad-2003 wrote:

.. but if we keep the wind blowing a bit it doesn't feel quite as bad.

The A/C runs every day. But conversely, I believe our heating system only kicked on once or twice after about the middle of January.

It has been uncommonly cool in NYC. Could become the coolest July recorded. grin

--
vvitug

And the AL wins AGAIN!!!!

Go AL!!!!

--
Louie Lou Nuvi 770

The Rays' Carl Crawford - MVP!

loudogz74 wrote:

Go AL!!!!

Did you see that home-run-stealing catch he made at the fence? AWESOME!

Joe Maddon (Rays) and the rest of the coaching staff did a great job!

GO RAYS!!!!!!!!!!

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2021.20 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

vacation

Just got home from a good vacation. It was cool for the month of July in northern Michigan, but overall a good week. Caught about 30 fish over a course of 4 hours on Monday!

Good Wednesday

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

NYC

If it warms up for when I leave town for upstate next week, I shall feel even cooler up there.

--
nüvi 1490T, V1, Sanyo PRO-700a, maps, sunglasses, hot co-pilot, the open road

Happy Wednesday

Heat Heat Please go away. It is way too hot where I live ...

Better Late...

...than never

Thanks BobDee

My wife and I will try to make Tzatziki sauce this weekend. Sounds good. Now this is what chit chat is about.

--
Paul..... Nuvi 765T

charlesd45

charlesd45 wrote:

Google voice invites went out.I signed up.Has some nice features especially the free long distance for the USA.Lots of other nice features that you can do from the computer.Here is the site http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html .Just click on invite to get a notice.

just wanted to say thanks for passing along great info,we have used several of your info links. wink

--
garmin nuvi,750 ***3ʇǝʞɔɐɾpǝɹ*** garmin nuvi,855 garmin nuvi,1490t

Thanks redjacket3.I have

Thanks redjacket3.I have been playing with the Google Voice and see it has promise.Have set it up to ring my cell phone and home number when the Google number is called.Nice when someone leaves message you get a email.Complete record of all calls on the computer.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor Navigator - Offline Maps & GPS.

New 260W for the wife

My wife is getting a Garmin 260W for her birthday (29th again and again). She's plug and play; I get to learn how it actually works.

have a good weekend, folks

have a good weekend, folks

Weather

FINALLY, SOME real summer heat in DC !!!!

--
RKF (Brookeville, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

TGIF

Longgggg Week!

TGIF

philr_up wrote:

Longgggg Week!

Amen!

chomping at the bit

charlesd45 wrote:

Thanks redjacket3.I have been playing with the Google Voice and see it has promise.Have set it up to ring my cell phone and home number when the Google number is called.Nice when someone leaves message you get a email.Complete record of all calls on the computer.

Ugh, chomping at the bit for a invite from google for their new voice service. I want to play also, Charley when I get one I will send you my Google phone number!

Just seems like it will work really well for this community as well.

--
Using Android Based GPS.The above post and my sig reflects my own opinions, expressed for the purpose of informing or inspiring, not commanding. Naturally, you are free to reject or embrace whatever you read.

More Weather

Well its going to be COLD in Chicago this weekend!

So much for Global Warming!! Ha Ha!!

Have a great weekend everbody!

--
Nuvi 765T, Nuvi 2350LMT

Google Voice

BobDee wrote:
charlesd45 wrote:

Thanks redjacket3.I have been playing with the Google Voice and see it has promise.Have set it up to ring my cell phone and home number when the Google number is called.Nice when someone leaves message you get a email.Complete record of all calls on the computer.

Ugh, chomping at the bit for a invite from google for their new voice service. I want to play also, Charley when I get one I will send you my Google phone number!

Just seems like it will work really well for this community as well.

I will send you my Google number.It would be nice for the community.Looking at this widget information that may be of some use for the POI Factory site.You link the widget to the web page and someone can click on it and Google Voice will call you on the Google number.Here is the info I copied.

Features: About call widgetsPrint

You can allow others to call you from your website or blog by adding a call widget to it. Visitors to the website can click the widget, enter their phone number, and Google Voice will call them and connect the call to your Google number. Here's how you can set up a call widget:

Go to Settings.
Click the Call Widgets tab.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. MapFactor Navigator - Offline Maps & GPS.

Hello

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Legendary CBS anchor Walter Cronkite dies at 92

Just over one hour ago, we lost a great man.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_walter_cronkite

--
Using Android Based GPS.The above post and my sig reflects my own opinions, expressed for the purpose of informing or inspiring, not commanding. Naturally, you are free to reject or embrace whatever you read.

Weekend

Hope everyone a great weekend, from Delawhere!

--
Nuvi 760

Art Deco Steam Train in IL, IN, MI, WI......

Thought some of you in might be interested in seeing this Train in action. There is a gps tracker for it...but at the time of this post it was not working. It was working this a.m.. Here Is the link; http://www.sp4449.com/

--
FtDad....Garmin nuvi 750

it's finally the weekend !!

it's finally the weekend !!

The new guy

Guess I'm the new guy. Been sitting on the fence for years and finally bought a GPS. I ride motorcycles corss-country and like the back roads and out of the way sites. I cam here to find campgrounds and byways. ZR

--
ZR

Go Cubs

Go Cubs

--
Go Blackhawks

GPS and Motorcycles

Congratulations on pulling the trigger for a new GPS. The best part is you can still get yourself lost riding, then turn on the GPS and find your way back home. smile

Traveling

Here in California to see new grandson. It has been hot for this area anyway.

Anyway have a safe week.

Garmin has worked great.

--
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there". __ Will Rogers

Yesterday we hit 107 here in

Yesterday we hit 107 here in Boise, it was hot, I stayed inside.

Miss POI

Back from vacation

Hi all,

Just got back from vacation down in NYC and Wildwood, NJ. Weather was really nice. A lot better than the crappy one they got here in Montreal while we were away. Wondering if we'll get any summer at all...

Simon

California Problems

Would the last person leaving the state please close the door and turn off the lights.
JeffSh

HI

HI wink

<<Page 2