City Navigator 2010 North America Now Available

 

According to another forum, the City Navigator NT 2010 maps are now available for download (file name Garmin_RMU_CNNANT2010.exe).

I just got a 760 today, so I'll be downloading the new map later tonight and reporting back.

EDIT: Looks like chewbacca was the first to report the new maps in the 2009 MAP UPDATES discussion at 00:48 this a.m.

--
Nüvi 2595LMT
2 3 4 5 6
Page 1>>

Thanks

WAASup wrote:

According to another forum, the City Navigator NT 2010 maps are now available for download (file name Garmin_RMU_CNNANT2010.exe).

I just got a 760 today, so I'll be downloading the new map later tonight and reporting back.

WAASup,

Thanks! It's unfortunate that the map viewer still has the 2009 Map. I will wait to see what changed before I plunk down 59.99 at discountgps.

Much appreciated.

--
JRoz -- DriveSmart 55 & Traffic

downloading 2010 update now on my 760's lifetime maps

I'm downloading 2010 update right now on my 760's lifetime maps subscription.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

.

I'm trying to download the 2010 update but keep getting "An HTTP 500 Error has occurred"

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

HTTP Error 500 - Internal server error

WAASup wrote:

I'm trying to download the 2010 update but keep getting "An HTTP 500 Error has occurred"

HTTP Error 500 - Internal server error

Your Web server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) for access to the requested URL.

This is a 'catch-all' error generated by your Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse these logs.

500 errors in the HTTP cycle

Any client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) goes through the following cycle when it communicates with your Web server:

•Obtain an IP address from the IP name of your site (your site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
•Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
•Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
•Receive an HTTP data stream back from your Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.
This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognises as '500'.

Fixing 500 errors - general

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Free lifetime map?

rjrsw wrote:

I'm downloading 2010 update right now on my 760's lifetime maps subscription.

Does your Nuvi 760 come with lifetime subscription? I purchased my 760 in Dec 2008. It doesn't come with any free map update, not even one time.

Now Downloading 2010 nüMaps on Vista

rjrsw wrote:

HTTP Error 500 - Internal server error

Yeah, well, I was brave and attempted the update on Windows 7. Rebooted into Vista SP1 and the download now has 5-10 minutes to go... Thanks anyway, rjrsw! wink

and chewbacca wrote:

Does your Nuvi 760 come with lifetime subscription? I purchased my 760 in Dec 2008. It doesn't come with any free map update, not even one time.

Garmin's nüMaps Guarantee™ gives you a free map update (if one exists) if you register your new nüvi within 60 days of first acquiring satellites.

chewbacca, did you register yours??

--
Nüvi 2595LMT

I purchased the lifetime maps for my 760 in January.

chewbacca wrote:
rjrsw wrote:

I'm downloading 2010 update right now on my 760's lifetime maps subscription.

Does your Nuvi 760 come with lifetime subscription? I purchased my 760 in Dec 2008. It doesn't come with any free map update, not even one time.

I purchased the lifetime maps for my 760 in January.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

I have the 2008 maps on my

I have the 2008 maps on my Nuvi 660 and when I looked into the 2009 maps found no difference so, I didn't upgrade. Now that the 2010 maps are out, I wonder what's the difference there or should I wait another year?

--
Your Portion Of Light Whether you are a brilliant flame or but a tiny spark matters not-for the world needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

Yep, I registered it

WAASup wrote:

Garmin's nüMaps Guarantee™ gives you a free map update (if one exists) if you register your new nüvi within 60 days of first acquiring satellites.

chewbacca, did you register yours??

I know about the nuMaps guarantee but I don't think mine comes with it. Oh yeah, I did register it back in Jan 2009.

and rjrsw wrote:

I purchased the lifetime maps for my 760 in January.

Got it. I thought yours came with the lifetime maps without spending extra bucks.

That will be the day

chewbacca wrote:
and rjrsw wrote:

I purchased the lifetime maps for my 760 in January.

Got it. I thought yours came with the lifetime maps without spending extra bucks.

I won't hold my breath~~~~~~

--
JRoz -- DriveSmart 55 & Traffic

Downloaded

Downloaded and installed ! No problems.

Did it on my MAC today.
Tomorrow have to do it with my PC.

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !

found a big difference in my area going from 2009 to 2009.1 map

clint45 wrote:

I have the 2008 maps on my Nuvi 660 and when I looked into the 2009 maps found no difference so, I didn't upgrade. Now that the 2010 maps are out, I wonder what's the difference there or should I wait another year?

I found a big difference in my area in going from the 2009 maps to the 2009.1 maps.

If you go to the map link on the Garmin site

http://www8.garmin.com/cgi-bin/mapgen/webmap.cgi?p=21299201&...

to try to see the changes they do not show up, the notice on the bottom shows it to be Navteq 2007 map version that is shown. My entire area didn't show on the Garmin online sample map but it was included in the actual map I downloaded.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Does the lifetime updates

Does the lifetime updates give you the 2010 maps or does it just update the 2009 one's?

Lifetime updates

Lifetime Updates are now 2010.1
Downloaded them a little while ago !

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !

There sure were differences.

clint45 wrote:
I have the 2008 maps on my Nuvi 660 and when I looked into the 2009 maps found no difference so, I didn't upgrade. Now that the 2010 maps are out, I wonder what's the difference there or should I wait another year?

There sure were differences. In the Tampa area, off the main rd where my house is there, you have to bear left into a waiting lane to turn left onto my street. (Another words you don't drive to the intersection, you get into a "cueing" lane prior to the intersection.)

The old map did not know this, the new one tells you "bear left" at the correct time, and shows the arrow slightly over to the left guiding you into that waiting lane. In addition, there was a major change at a major intersection on I95 as you transition from The border of Washington DC and Virginia. New map has that. I could name several other instances that just I have noticed......

--
Nuvi 765T, Street Pilot I5, Nuvi 750, Nuvi 3570

Decisions to make... 2010 map or lifetime maps

What's the best current price for the lifetime maps? If the 2010 costs 59.99 and the lifetime is $30 more, I may go with the lifetime maps.

Decisions, decisions....
Maybe time to go to a new GPS...

Larry

Could somebody put up the

Could somebody put up the link for the download? Please. Thanks much.

--
Nuvi 2595LMT Oregon 450 - Always drink upstream from the herd.

Same Here

clint45 wrote:

I have the 2008 maps on my Nuvi 660 and when I looked into the 2009 maps found no difference so, I didn't upgrade. Now that the 2010 maps are out, I wonder what's the difference there or should I wait another year?

You and I are in the same situation - 660 with 2008 maps, saw no reason to spend money on the 2009 maps.

I am probably going to spring for the 2010 maps regardless. I update my MSS&T every 2 years and it has worked out. I don't take enough trips into unfamiliar areas to justify updating every year.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2021.20 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

Forget the link. I checked

Forget the link. I checked and it switched me over to purchase for $69.99 one timer or 119.99 for lifetime.
Gotta love Garmin. I purchased this 750 on the 7th of March and they release 2010 maps on 08 April. Can't get a freebie. This kinda irritates me. Guess I'm stuck with the stupid 2009 mapset.

--
Nuvi 2595LMT Oregon 450 - Always drink upstream from the herd.

Nuvi 765t

Nuvi765t - The 3D maps are selectable again - good news for some I guess from what I remember of the threads..

WinXP-SP3 - Downloaded ok but could not get connected to the Garmin server for the map installation.

Downloaded to the MacBook and had no issues installing the maps to the Nuvi and updating the maps in Roadtrip.

Eligible for 1 free map update??

bushmaster wrote:

Gotta love Garmin. I purchased this 750 on the 7th of March and they release 2010 maps on 08 April. Can't get a freebie. This kinda irritates me. Guess I'm stuck with the stupid 2009 mapset.

According to this: https://my.garmin.com/maps/nuMaps.htm
Anyone who first used their new Garmin nüvi or zūmo on August 17th or later will be eligible for a free map update if one exists within 60 days of first acquiring satellites while driving with your device.

Yours is still within 60 days. Have you checked?

What concerns me is, when I

What concerns me is, when I read on the Garmin UPDATE SITE about the 2010 maps they gave a WARNING that the maps may not fit on my Nuvi 660 so, how in the sam hell am I to know for sure before spending any cash on an update that won't work?

--
Your Portion Of Light Whether you are a brilliant flame or but a tiny spark matters not-for the world needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

Better Check

Gary A wrote:
clint45 wrote:

I have the 2008 maps on my Nuvi 660 and when I looked into the 2009 maps found no difference so, I didn't upgrade. Now that the 2010 maps are out, I wonder what's the difference there or should I wait another year?

You and I are in the same situation - 660 with 2008 maps, saw no reason to spend money on the 2009 maps.

I am probably going to spring for the 2010 maps regardless. I update my MSS&T every 2 years and it has worked out. I don't take enough trips into unfamiliar areas to justify updating every year.

Read the warning on their site FIRST...The new update may not fit on the unit.

--
Your Portion Of Light Whether you are a brilliant flame or but a tiny spark matters not-for the world needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

bah

just bought mine well two weeks ago and said there was an update for free........ I guess I am stuck with this 2009 map.

Wonder if they will let me get the new one by chance.

I just copied your post to a Garmin tech

FPichon wrote:

Nuvi765t - The 3D maps are selectable again - good news for some I guess from what I remember of the threads..

WinXP-SP3 - Downloaded ok but could not get connected to the Garmin server for the map installation.

Downloaded to the MacBook and had no issues installing the maps to the Nuvi and updating the maps in Roadtrip.

I just copied your post to a Garmin tech that I had contacted earlier about the problem connecting to the server. Strange that it would be able to connect on a MAC but not the PC. A lot of people are having the install fail because of not being able to connect to the server, including me. I tried on three computers with XP and Vista and all 3 failed on install.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

grrrrr

garmin.com will not load grrrrr

NUVI 5000 AND NUVI 200W
(LIFETIME MAPS)

Hmm I am withing my 60 days

Hmm I am withing my 60 days of acquiring the satalite signal however my only option is to buy the new map

I see the following in their FAQ section:

Customers who have qualified for a free mapping update and have chosen to take advantage of that offer will not qualify for any additional mapping updates that may become available. The Garmin nuMaps Guarantee will only allow a customer to download one free mapping update.

Guess I need to shell out the $69 or $119

I got my Nuvi 780 mid of March ..

.. and yet I was directed to purchase the 2010 Maps. According to (NuMaps Guarantee), the unit should be eligible for free map update within 60 days of acquiring satellite signal, right? Any one in this boat?

How about new subscribers? Were they allowed to download the 2010 Maps?

I just emailed the support

I just emailed the support to see if they can give me an answer. Mine is less than two weeks old. I hope they will let me get the updated map. I would have to pay more money.

Same Issue with server

I have had two Xp SP3 machines have the exact same problem with connecting to the server to finish the install. Posted a message on support as well.

Does anyone have any idea where the files extract to? Can't imagine the amount of useless temp files I building up trying this three and four times per machine.

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty, pristine body but rather to come sliding in sideways, all used up and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" -------- Nuvi 755T and 1350T Jensen NVX225 WorldNavigator PDA based GPS

Same issue with 755t

xisruno wrote:

I just emailed the support to see if they can give me an answer. Mine is less than two weeks old. I hope they will let me get the updated map. I would have to pay more money.

I had this same issue with when I purchased my 755T and new maps came out within a week. Support had to do something that set things in motion. If I remember correctly I had to e-mail them a copy of reciept for unit

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty, pristine body but rather to come sliding in sideways, all used up and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" -------- Nuvi 755T and 1350T Jensen NVX225 WorldNavigator PDA based GPS

TY

kendeb12 wrote:
xisruno wrote:

I just emailed the support to see if they can give me an answer. Mine is less than two weeks old. I hope they will let me get the updated map. I would have to pay more money.

I had this same issue with when I purchased my 755T and new maps came out within a week. Support had to do something that set things in motion. If I remember correctly I had to e-mail them a copy of reciept for unit

Thank you for the info. I have emailed them. I hope that they will let me do that.

same thing

my nuvi is also qualified for a free update, only thing it will offer me is 2009.1

Have you been there lately?

jrozsnaki wrote:

I will wait to see what changed before I plunk down 59.99 at discountgps.

Have you been to www.discountgps.com lately? I went to take a look and all they had was a "this domain is for sale" page up. Anyone got $10,000 spare change for their asking price? smile

660 Maps May Not Fit

clint45 wrote:

What concerns me is, when I read on the Garmin UPDATE SITE about the 2010 maps they gave a WARNING that the maps may not fit on my Nuvi 660 so, how in the sam hell am I to know for sure before spending any cash on an update that won't work?

Naturally, I would be interested in knowing the answer to this one before I buy the upgrade.

Keep us updated, Clint, as well as any other 660 owners out there.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2021.20 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

Why not me?

When I go to the Garmin site (when it's up because I got many HTTP error 500 tonight), it tells me that my unit (N UVI 750) already has the 2009.1 maps installed and that there are no updates available!!!

I have purchased a lifetime map subscription. Where do I go to download the 2010 maps???

Add me to the list

kendeb12 wrote:

I have had two Xp SP3 machines have the exact same problem with connecting to the server to finish the install. Posted a message on support as well.

Does anyone have any idea where the files extract to? Can't imagine the amount of useless temp files I building up trying this three and four times per machine.

I also can not get the 2010 map installed after a successful download due to the "An error occurred while communicating with the Garmin Server. If this error continues, please contact Garmin Technical Support for a resolution." This has occurred repeatedly. Maybe it's because we're both Badgers! (Class of 72 for me.)

I also deleted the large update file and attempted to download it again in case the file was corrupted. But now, I get a HTTP Error 500 and can't downlaod the file. Lucky I kept a backup.

It appears that Garmin's web sites are unprepared for the quantity of users trying to download and update simultaneously. Hopefully, things will resolve themselves soon.

I think that both kendeb12 and I really wish the installation routine had a "Back" button, so that our already extracted map could be reused in further attempts to contact the probably-overloaded Garmin Server.

Decompress the file to your hard drive...

Here's a tip for you guys. Download & install WinRAR (if you haven't already):
http://www.rarsoft.com

Rename the downloaded file from Garmin to something ending in .rar, like Garmin_RMU_CNNANT2010.exe.rar

Decompress the file using WinRAR to a different folder on your hard drive. Browse to that folder and open the Windows folder. Run setup.exe and the install package will proceed without having to sit for 10 minutes for decompression, then error out with the server error where you'll have to start all over again. If you get the server error, simply run setup.exe again.

BTW, I'm also getting the server error so you guys are not alone.

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

Server

CraigW wrote:
kendeb12 wrote:

I have had two Xp SP3 machines have the exact same problem with connecting to the server to finish the install. Posted a message on support as well.

Does anyone have any idea where the files extract to? Can't imagine the amount of useless temp files I building up trying this three and four times per machine.

I also can not get the 2010 map installed after a successful download due to the "An error occurred while communicating with the Garmin Server. If this error continues, please contact Garmin Technical Support for a resolution." This has occurred repeatedly. Maybe it's because we're both Badgers! (Class of 72 for me.)

I also deleted the large update file and attempted to download it again in case the file was corrupted. But now, I get a HTTP Error 500 and can't downlaod the file. Lucky I kept a backup.

It appears that Garmin's web sites are unprepared for the quantity of users trying to download and update simultaneously. Hopefully, things will resolve themselves soon.

I think that both kendeb12 and I really wish the installation routine had a "Back" button, so that our already extracted map could be reused in further attempts to contact the probably-overloaded Garmin Server.

I signed off for a bit and when I tried to access My Garmin I had a connection error there now as well. Sounds like Garmin maybe having some server issues. Maybe some disgruntled user setup a DOS attack on them smile

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty, pristine body but rather to come sliding in sideways, all used up and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" -------- Nuvi 755T and 1350T Jensen NVX225 WorldNavigator PDA based GPS

Using Lifetime Maps

Now Garmin tells me there is an update availabel for my NUVI 750 but it only gives me 2 choices: buy the lifetime maps or by the one time map. I have already bought the lifetime map card. How do I tell Garmin that I have paid for the card already and am ready to download without paying again?????

RAR

DorkusNimrod wrote:

Here's a tip for you guys. Download & install WinRAR (if you haven't already):
http://www.rarsoft.com

Rename the downloaded file from Garmin to something ending in .rar, like Garmin_RMU_CNNANT2010.exe.rar

Decompress the file using WinRAR to a different folder on your hard drive. Browse to that folder and open the Windows folder. Run setup.exe and the install package will proceed without having to sit for 10 minutes for decompression, then error out with the server error where you'll have to start all over again. If you get the server error, simply run setup.exe again.

BTW, I'm also getting the server error so you guys are not alone.

WIll give it a try sure getting tired of watching the extract meter crawl at a snails pace across the screen.

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty, pristine body but rather to come sliding in sideways, all used up and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" -------- Nuvi 755T and 1350T Jensen NVX225 WorldNavigator PDA based GPS

I am going to watch this one

JGLabelle wrote:

Now Garmin tells me there is an update availabel for my NUVI 750 but it only gives me 2 choices: buy the lifetime maps or by the one time map. I have already bought the lifetime map card. How do I tell Garmin that I have paid for the card already and am ready to download without paying again?????

JGLabelle

I am going to watch for the answer with you. I just purchased my Lifetime Maps and it just started to download but I will need to know how next time around

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty, pristine body but rather to come sliding in sideways, all used up and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" -------- Nuvi 755T and 1350T Jensen NVX225 WorldNavigator PDA based GPS

nuMaps lifetime

How did you tell Garmin you had a numap lifetime subscription?? I bough my card through Amazon.com.

Found the answer

OK Guys - I found the answer. What you have to do when you get the nuMaps lifetime card is "Activate the card"y going to www.garmin.com/activatenumaps. The you enter the product key found on the back of the card and the unit that you want the card to apply to.

It's so simple when you take the time to read the instructions!!!!!!!

thanks for the info

thanks for the info

thanks for the info

thanks for the info

Did not get a card

JGLabelle wrote:

OK Guys - I found the answer. What you have to do when you get the nuMaps lifetime card is "Activate the card"y going to www.garmin.com/activatenumaps. The you enter the product key found on the back of the card and the unit that you want the card to apply to.

It's so simple when you take the time to read the instructions!!!!!!!

Bought mine on Garmin site and it was a download not a card. Maybe once I can finally get the maps to load the card will register on my unit

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty, pristine body but rather to come sliding in sideways, all used up and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!" -------- Nuvi 755T and 1350T Jensen NVX225 WorldNavigator PDA based GPS

I was thinking the same

I was thinking the same thing, I have d/l the file OK, but after the extraction, on 3 occasions having problem connecting to the server. Where are those files going. You would think instead of continuing the extraction process, Garmin would allow you to go to the extraction directory and run the install file.

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

Thanks for the great tip. I

Thanks for the great tip. I wish I would have read your post before.

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

HTTP 500 Error

I'm surprised none of you people called tech support on the 500 error.

According to Garmin's Tech Support(this morning) the server was open for about an hour after they posted the 2010 maps. They they removed it which is why you're getting the 500 error. According to Tech Support they needed to make corrections to the file.

So... those who managed to download the 2010 map today may want to wait until the updated version is released...hopefully by tomorrow because Garmin is taking Good Friday off.

--
The Future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed...
2 3 4 5 6
Page 1>>