new & interesting places for your GPS

Fuse 1AH250V for Car Charger

 

My charger failed - Garmin is sending me a new one which is good but I just found out that the fuse in the Charger if it fails is almost impossible to find a replacement. Anyone on this board been able to find them? If so - where? Thanks.

Fuse

I just checked my car charger, the fuse in it is a 3AH250V... so, I guess it varies. not sure what model Garmin you have... mine is a Zumo 550. However, Radio Shack has a 1AH250V ceramic fuse (Model: PBS500mA-1A250V, Catalog #: 270-003 ) package of 4 for $1.99. Of course, not sure it's the same dimensions as yours (0.36mm x 10mm). Hope that helps.

--
"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

fuse

you should be able to use a normal i amp fuse the 250 v refers to the arc over of the fuse. 1 amp 32v or what ever should work. You can find them at auto parts or wally world..

Series 312 3AG fuses

drbillk wrote:

I just checked my car charger, the fuse in it is a 3AH250V... so, I guess it varies. not sure what model Garmin you have... mine is a Zumo 550. However, Radio Shack has a 1AH250V ceramic fuse (Model: PBS500mA-1A250V, Catalog #: 270-003 ) package of 4 for $1.99. Of course, not sure it's the same dimensions as yours (0.36mm x 10mm). Hope that helps.

My nuvi charger also states it uses a 3AH250V but in looking at the fuse itself, I see the code 312 which indicates it's a standard glass fast-blow 0.25 inch x 1.25 inch fuse, of course in a 3A 250 V rating. It shouldn't be hard to find this fuse in an auto parts store, Radio Shack or whatever. Look for a 312-series 3AG fuse rated at 3A. A pack of five fuses shouldn't cost over $5.

PS--I don't believe the Radio Shack 0.36mm x 10mm fuse, mentioned above, is the correct size--it isn't for my nuvi charger for sure.

WARNING: when disassembling the charger to access the fuse, remember that it's spring-loaded and after removing the threaded retainer, there's a metal tab, a fuse and a spring. All of these tiny items just love to fall into the crack between your driver's seat and console if working in the car, or fall through the picnic table's crack into the thick grass, etc., etc. Use care when replacing your fuse!

Fuses

Take your fuse to radio shack they carry the fuses i just bought 3 packs for all of my units and they all take a different fuse and radio shack had them all

--
Auggie SP2720 , SP C330, Nuvi 650, Nuvi 785T America Moves By Truck

I got your fuse...

CraigW wrote:

PS--I don't believe the Radio Shack 0.36mm x 10mm fuse, mentioned above, is the correct size--it isn't for my nuvi charger for sure.

Thanks for the heads up. However, I wasn't the one with the question... I have plenty of fuses for mine. LOL... but, thanks anyway.

mrgreen

--
"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

how to replace fuse in Garmin

Where is the fuse in my Garmin Nuvi? I opened the socket which plugs into the cigarette lighter and it is not in there. Is it in the body of the unit?

Check here

dsteinel wrote:

Where is the fuse in my Garmin Nuvi? I opened the socket which plugs into the cigarette lighter and it is not in there. Is it in the body of the unit?

I don't know which nuvi you have but the power units that plug into a cigarette lighter and most other cigarette-lighter-powered devices put their fuses there. Check page 10 (Changing the Fuse) of this nuvi Quick Guide for a picture and guide:

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/1802_QuickStartManual.pdf

tnpnldy wrote: My charger

tnpnldy wrote:

My charger failed - Garmin is sending me a new one which is good but I just found out that the fuse in the Charger if it fails is almost impossible to find a replacement. Anyone on this board been able to find them? If so - where? Thanks.

If the fuse in these charger ever fail, chances are something wrong with the charger itself. You will need a new charger anyway.

i recently found the correct

i recently found the correct fuse at radio shack.

and

Many auto supply stores also carry the fuses. They're a Type 3AG.

--
ɐ‾nsǝɹ Just one click away from the end of the Internet

sponsored links



Navigation



User login

Leave this blank! This field helps block spambots.

poi factory



Who's online

There are currently 17 users and 51 guests online.

Online users

  • rthibodaux
  • tnagy
  • wedgar
  • Norwood
  • Ronsmith
  • bear007
  • conneautdalyn
  • bak276
  • zakisten
  • Ronsmith