Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

 

Just a heads up that the Fall update for Windows 10 is now available.

Unlike the previous ones, this one installed fairly quickly.

--
Garmin Nuvi 2450

Just installed it

It just showed up on my system today and installed in a very few minutes.

Phil

--
Phil in Mentor, Ohio -- Garmin Nuvi 1450

What is the "feature" being

What is the "feature" being updated?

And what do you mean by "Fall" update?

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

@KenSny re: What is a "feature update"?

"Feature update" is Microsoft-ese for its roughly-twice-a-year major update to Windows 10. Last spring they offered Windows 10 version 1903. Now released in November (fall) 2019, they're up to Windows 10 version 1909.

"Feature update" is in contrast to "quality update." "Quality update" is Microsoft's label for its monthly update to Windows 10; it's usually more of a bugfix update specific to each major version or feature update of Windows 10 and generally does not introduce new features.

If you want to read more about the differences between feature and quality updates, check out: https://www.windowscentral.com/whats-difference-between-qual...

As for what features are being added or modified in Windows 10 version 1909, see: https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-1909-november-2019-updat...

If you want to know what version of Windows 10 you have installed on a PC, click the Windows button and type in the Search window: winver.exe and press Enter.

Windows 10 handles updating automatically, so you don't have to decide whether to do a feature update to the newest major version or just do a quality update to your earlier version. Recognize that there is a slightly greater chance of a feature update causing problems, especially if you have legacy (pre-Wandows-10) software or hardware drivers. But most people do just fine, and the early adopters in this thread haven't had a problem. I prefer to wait however and let others find the bugs.

--
"141 could draw faster than he, but Irving was looking for 143..."

Thank you jfossey

Thanks for the head's up/ Downloaded quickly and everything seems to be working well.

You can pause the update...

If you desire to pause the update, go to the Windows Update setting panel. You will note the text "Pause uodates for 7 days". If you repeatedly click that it increases the delay in 7-day increments. JUst above that area you will see "Updates will resume on [date]"

You can pause for 35 days, a period more than ample to learn about any potential issues.

--
John from PA

Still at 1809.

The 1903 version never installed automatically to any of my three Windows 10 computers. They are all still running 1809. This is the only time that the Feature update has not been automatically pushed on to my computers. Go figure.

Since 1909 is coming out, I suppose I should manually select 1903 to install.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

I keep losing my restore points.

I have been manually creating restore points till I figure out what's going on. I created one just before I did the 1909 update. I had 4 restore points. After the 1909 update I have NO restore points. Evidently it's MS controlling the fact that they don't ever want us to revert back.
This update didn't create a restore point like I expected so I have no way to revert back if I have an issue.

Anyone else seeing this?

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

A windows update erases previous restore points

It used to be the case that when you upgrade or reinstall the operating system, the system restore points from any previous Windows version would automatically be erased since they are no longer applicable.

I suspect that this is still the case although I have no way of testing at present. [Confirmed] See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4503117/system-rest...

--
John from PA

John: That got me to thinking.

So, I did some more searching for an answer using different search terms. It looks like this started with V1903. According to a few individuals at MS on the forums a feature update will delete all previous restore points. This is on purpose. I am not sure if the updates in between the feature ones will wipe them also.

A couple quotes: "Restore points have always been temporary - they have a limited life, after which they are deleted by the operating system. This is intentional. In addition, following a feature update, all previously existing restore points are deleted. This too is intentional."

"Please keep in mind, when you install new Feature Updates such as Windows 10 1903, it does not migrate the system restore points from the previous version of Windows 10 you were running. They are discarded with the upgraded."

John from PA wrote:

It used to be the case that when you upgrade or reinstall the operating system, the system restore points from any previous Windows version would automatically be erased since they are no longer applicable.

I suspect that this is still the case although I have no way of testing at present. [Confirmed] See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4503117/system-restore-on-windows-10-fails-after-you-install-updates

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

when I got

my 2015 ThinkPad it came with Win7 Pro 64 and a free upgrade to Win 10 which I did not want. I had car software that would not work if I upgraded back then (BMW factory).

Today I got a message that Win7 is end of life Jan xx, 2020.

Here's what I find ridiculous. Microsoft says while it is possible to upgrade your operating system to Win 10, it is NOT recommended. Purchasing a new computer is the recommended method of upgrading to Win 10.

Now I've heard a lot of dumb things in my life, that's top 10.

Certainly not dumb from the

Certainly not dumb from the pc makers point of view.

Certainly a move by MS to NOT support W7 drivers or applications that may or may not work very long as W10 moves forward.

I had problems upgrading a Thinkpad T420 with W7 Pro installed. The only way I could get W10 installed was a clean install. Even then 2 of the W7 programs would not install on it. Driver problems. So I went back to W7 Pro.

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

Win 10 on T420 should work

KenSny wrote:

Certainly not dumb from the pc makers point of view.

Certainly a move by MS to NOT support W7 drivers or applications that may or may not work very long as W10 moves forward.

I had problems upgrading a Thinkpad T420 with W7 Pro installed. The only way I could get W10 installed was a clean install. Even then 2 of the W7 programs would not install on it. Driver problems. So I went back to W7 Pro.

Win 10 on the T420 should work fine but some preliminary steps should be performed. As a start I always recommend that the BIOS be updated to the most recent version. The BIOS update page is at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netb....

Then, and this is Lenovo's requirement, Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 or above is required for the Lenovo System Update to work correctly. You can find this at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netb.... I would then run the system update from that link, which will update your Win 7 installation to the September 2019 level.

Then attempt your Win 10 update in the normal manner. I do not recommend a clean install unless you have all the installation files for previous software. It just isn't worth the added grief.

--
John from PA

Well

Bios was updated to 2018 1.52 version and MS NET Framework was up to date and I did use the Lenovo link, but no luck. And since the W10 update of W7 does not really tell you any worthwhile information except it failed at second boot. The error code is pretty loose. You would think that the update program could be a bit more specific.

Since the clean install did work but the update did not, and a couple of programs are not W10 compatabile anyway, and will probably never be updated by the OEM, I give up at this time.

W7 is not going to lock up and die on the EOL date.

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

smaller?

jfossy wrote:

Just a heads up that the Fall update for Windows 10 is now available.

Unlike the previous ones, this one installed fairly quickly.

Guessing that means it's a smaller update, I guess.

--
Garmin Drive Smart 61 NA LMT-S

And less change of screwing things up.

Garmin Gal wrote:
jfossy wrote:

Just a heads up that the Fall update for Windows 10 is now available.

Unlike the previous ones, this one installed fairly quickly.

Guessing that means it's a smaller update, I guess.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

small update ?

windows has been giving you 1909 updates for a while but not activating them that's why it seems small . it took me about 20 minutes to download and install 1909. if you didn't keep up with the updates it took a little longer to upgrade and install, all in all things seem to be working fine this computer is about 10 years old, all my soft ware is working fine no problems

Washed Out Desktop

A few weeks back I updated from Windows 10 ver. 1809 to ver. 1903 and all seemed well except for a washed out desktop. I did Google searches to try to identify a remedy to correct this without success so I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

Today I updated again, this time to ver. 1909 and I had the identical problem with a washed out desktop. Again I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

Bummer. sad

NVidia maybe

mcginkleschmidt wrote:

A few weeks back I updated from Windows 10 ver. 1809 to ver. 1903 and all seemed well except for a washed out desktop. I did Google searches to try to identify a remedy to correct this without success so I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

Today I updated again, this time to ver. 1909 and I had the identical problem with a washed out desktop. Again I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

Bummer. sad

This is a common problem if your PC has an NVidia graphics driver. You can test this by right clicking on a clear area of your desktop and checking in the pop-up menu in NVidia Control Panel appears. If you have NVIdia, I would first go to device manager and check for a driver update. Many people have also reported success by uninstalling the NVidia software in Control panel > programs & features, then restart the PC and reinstall the software.

--
John from PA

Thanks

John from PA wrote:
mcginkleschmidt wrote:

A few weeks back I updated from Windows 10 ver. 1809 to ver. 1903 and all seemed well except for a washed out desktop. I did Google searches to try to identify a remedy to correct this without success so I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

Today I updated again, this time to ver. 1909 and I had the identical problem with a washed out desktop. Again I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

Bummer. sad

This is a common problem if your PC has an NVidia graphics driver. You can test this by right clicking on a clear area of your desktop and checking in the pop-up menu in NVidia Control Panel appears. If you have NVIdia, I would first go to device manager and check for a driver update. Many people have also reported success by uninstalling the NVidia software in Control panel > programs & features, then restart the PC and reinstall the software.

Thanks. I have a Nvidia graphics card and driver. I'll check around and give the update another go and try a few things before I give up.

Nvidia driver...not even a week old...

--
John from PA

Adjust background

mcginkleschmidt wrote:

washed out desktop. I did Google searches to try to identify a remedy to correct this without success so I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

I did not like the change to my desktop display which came with a version upgrade some time ago.

You can alter this on your own (as I did) by going to the controls for it and changing the settings, rather that reverting to an out-of-date version.

Windows|Settings|Personalization

The settings you probably want to adjust are listed as "background". You can select a picture which you both like and which gives suitable contrast to your icons, or just a solid color which works for you for the same considerations.

--
personal GPS user since 1992

You shouldn't run an outdated version.

MS will keep pushing the update out and will automatically install it again. I'm not sure when it happened but I noticed it on 1903 and now on 1909 that MS deletes all previous restore points after an update. This is by default and nothing you can do about it.

archae86 wrote:
mcginkleschmidt wrote:

washed out desktop. I did Google searches to try to identify a remedy to correct this without success so I restored my system back to ver. 1809.

I did not like the change to my desktop display which came with a version upgrade some time ago.

You can alter this on your own (as I did) by going to the controls for it and changing the settings, rather that reverting to an out-of-date version.

Windows|Settings|Personalization

The settings you probably want to adjust are listed as "background". You can select a picture which you both like and which gives suitable contrast to your icons, or just a solid color which works for you for the same considerations.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

I have just started

I have just started configuring a Lenovo ThinkCentre (for the office) with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled and a bit of trialware craps. I downloaded Windows 10 (version 1903) from microsoft.com weeks ago. Created a boot USB and boot off USB setup. Wipe out the entire hard disk and install Win 10 Pro on it.

This is going to be my first Windows 10 setup. I really don't care about the default content of Start menu. I uninstalled things like Netflix, Games, Xbox etc. What's Game Bar? How do I remove Game Bar? Why does Microsoft think those are important for employees? No one gets paid for watching Netflix or playing games during office hours.

What I do care about like Control Panel isn't there by default. I have to manually search for Control Panel, This PC etc and pin those to the Start menu.

Then I click Control Panel - System and Security. At the bottom of System and Security, there's a Flash Player (32-bit) sitting there proudly as if it is saying "I'm here to infect your PC automatically one day". So Windows 10 comes with the most problematic piece of crap called Flash Player, that the manufacturer doesn't even care about any longer, preinstalled. That's awesome.

Does anyone know how to remove Flash Player from Windows 10?

An update to my earlier post

An update to my earlier post of the Lenovo T420 Thinkpad W7 Pro not updating to W10.

I use a docking station and I think that was a problem.
I finally did a W10 update with the laptop standalone. So now I have to clean up the W10 crap I don't want and then try to make it work with the docking station.

But chewbacca you are right! What a load of useless apps this OS brings to the table. I would love to delete all that game nonsense, but just like the cell phones you can't. MS must think the OS would fall apart if they let you delete it all. And I can't believe that they are leaving Flash. Good grief. As if all the info gathering isn't bad enough.

And I would love to delete Cortana and the My Phone App.

I also updated a HP G62 Notebook without any problems.

Now I just got a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510t and a HP Pavilion p6310y desktops to update. They are from 2010 and I doubt if they will upgrade. And I certainly do not want to clean install either of them, but I may have to on one of them if need be. That will cause me to have a major headache.

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

Remove programs

If you go to the settings tab, bottom right of screen on Windows 10 and click on it.Then click all settings,at top of screen where you see find settings.Type in apps and select add or remove programs.Under App and feature you will see the programs.Click on the one you want to uninstall. And select uninstall.

If you want to get your new Windows 10 back to the old style with control panel,start button and etc.Then install Classic shell. http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/ .It works great.Had it for years. You can have the classic style,classic with two columns or Windows 7. You will find them and start button in the Classic Shell settings.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

Yes, yes, yes, We know how

Yes, yes, yes, We know how to delete apps. but as mentioned some CANNOT be deleted. I not a gamer, and I see no reason to have all that installed. Same thing on the cell phone, all those game boosters, optimizer, and such you just can't get rid of without rooting a phone. Nonsense.

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

Getting rid of Flash Player & changing Control Panel

chewbacca wrote:

I have just started configuring a Lenovo ThinkCentre (for the office) with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled and a bit of trialware craps. I downloaded Windows 10 (version 1903) from microsoft.com weeks ago. Created a boot USB and boot off USB setup. Wipe out the entire hard disk and install Win 10 Pro on it.

This is going to be my first Windows 10 setup. I really don't care about the default content of Start menu. I uninstalled things like Netflix, Games, Xbox etc. What's Game Bar? How do I remove Game Bar? Why does Microsoft think those are important for employees? No one gets paid for watching Netflix or playing games during office hours.

What I do care about like Control Panel isn't there by default. I have to manually search for Control Panel, This PC etc and pin those to the Start menu.

Then I click Control Panel - System and Security. At the bottom of System and Security, there's a Flash Player (32-bit) sitting there proudly as if it is saying "I'm here to infect your PC automatically one day". So Windows 10 comes with the most problematic piece of crap called Flash Player, that the manufacturer doesn't even care about any longer, preinstalled. That's awesome.

Does anyone know how to remove Flash Player from Windows 10?

Go to https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln288999/how-... for instructions on how to remove Flash Player. Pay attention to steps 6 & 7 which as noted are not to be done for Windows 10.

As far as Control Panel, if you desire the "classic" look, simply open Control Panel and over at the right you will see "View By" which by default is set to category. Simply click that and change to large or small icons and you will get essentially the appearance of Control Panel from Windows XP. If you then shut down Control Panel and go to enter it again using search, you can right click it and pin it to the Start Menu or the Taskbar. Should you desire a desktop shortcut, pin it to the Start Menu, then left click it on the Start Menu and drag to the desktop. A desktop icon will be created. However you left the View (Category, Small icons, Large icons) is what you will get until you make another change.

--
John from PA

Getting rid of Cortana and My Phone app

KenSny wrote:

An update to my earlier post of the Lenovo T420 Thinkpad W7 Pro not updating to W10.

I use a docking station and I think that was a problem.
I finally did a W10 update with the laptop standalone. So now I have to clean up the W10 crap I don't want and then try to make it work with the docking station.

But chewbacca you are right! What a load of useless apps this OS brings to the table. I would love to delete all that game nonsense, but just like the cell phones you can't. MS must think the OS would fall apart if they let you delete it all. And I can't believe that they are leaving Flash. Good grief. As if all the info gathering isn't bad enough.

And I would love to delete Cortana and the My Phone App.

I also updated a HP G62 Notebook without any problems.

Now I just got a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510t and a HP Pavilion p6310y desktops to update. They are from 2010 and I doubt if they will upgrade. And I certainly do not want to clean install either of them, but I may have to on one of them if need be. That will cause me to have a major headache.

Getting rid of Cortana is difficult so it best you just disable it. There are good instructions at https://www.groovypost.com/howto/disable-cortana-replace-win.... I suggest you scroll down a bit to the instructions titled Disable Cortana Using the Local Group Policy Editor. Use that method, not the one that involves a registry hack (unless you know what you are doing).

Once you are done with disabling Cortana, exit the Group POlicy Editor, re-enter and follow the steps at https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/disable-your-phone-fea... to disable the My Phone feature.

--
John from PA

HP laptops will likely be fine

KenSny wrote:

An update to my earlier post of the Lenovo T420 Thinkpad W7 Pro not updating to W10.

I use a docking station and I think that was a problem.
I finally did a W10 update with the laptop standalone. So now I have to clean up the W10 crap I don't want and then try to make it work with the docking station.

But chewbacca you are right! What a load of useless apps this OS brings to the table. I would love to delete all that game nonsense, but just like the cell phones you can't. MS must think the OS would fall apart if they let you delete it all. And I can't believe that they are leaving Flash. Good grief. As if all the info gathering isn't bad enough.

And I would love to delete Cortana and the My Phone App.

I also updated a HP G62 Notebook without any problems.

Now I just got a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510t and a HP Pavilion p6310y desktops to update. They are from 2010 and I doubt if they will upgrade. And I certainly do not want to clean install either of them, but I may have to on one of them if need be. That will cause me to have a major headache.

I would not worry about the laptops from 2010; they should upgrade just fine. And I would not do a clean install; personally that just creates more issues. As an FYI I upgraded a Dell D630 from XP > Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro. The D630 came out in 2007. It upgraded perfectly and when done I was quite surprised that an old Canon BJC-85 Portable printer still worked. But it was not a clean install but an upgrade for every step of XP > Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro.

--
John from PA

.

John from PA wrote:

Go to https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln288999/how-... for instructions on how to remove Flash Player. Pay attention to steps 6 & 7 which as noted are not to be done for Windows 10.

I've used uninstall_flash_player.exe a few times before to uninstall Flash Player that fails to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

So there is no official Flash Player uninstall on Win 10. I don't understand why Microsoft thinks we all need Flash Player today. All websites that I know no longer offer Flash content.

Flash player uninstall.

chewbacca wrote:

I've used uninstall_flash_player.exe a few times before to uninstall Flash Player that fails to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

So there is no official Flash Player uninstall on Win 10. I don't understand why Microsoft thinks we all need Flash Player today. All websites that I know no longer offer Flash content.

There are lots of things to blame Microsoft for, but I am not sure why you would put this one on them. Flash Player is an Adobe product.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

no

But utimately it was MS that decided it was "secure" enough for inclusion in W10 as a default app.

Most, if not all, of the web browsr makers have decieded that Flash is not acceptable.

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

Embedded flash player

alandb wrote:
chewbacca wrote:

I've used uninstall_flash_player.exe a few times before to uninstall Flash Player that fails to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

So there is no official Flash Player uninstall on Win 10. I don't understand why Microsoft thinks we all need Flash Player today. All websites that I know no longer offer Flash content.

There are lots of things to blame Microsoft for, but I am not sure why you would put this one on them. Flash Player is an Adobe product.

Actually MS should perhaps shoulder some of the blame because many browsers like Edge, IE (even Chrome) run imbedded versions of flash. With some effort the embedded versions can also be removed. See https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-completely-uninstall-r... for what to do.

If you are not familiar with hackng the registry, then I especially recommend you back it up prior to proceeding.

--
John from PA

.

alandb wrote:
chewbacca wrote:

I've used uninstall_flash_player.exe a few times before to uninstall Flash Player that fails to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

So there is no official Flash Player uninstall on Win 10. I don't understand why Microsoft thinks we all need Flash Player today. All websites that I know no longer offer Flash content.

There are lots of things to blame Microsoft for, but I am not sure why you would put this one on them. Flash Player is an Adobe product.

You don't think including Adobe's most flawed product by default and there is no clear way to remove it is a bad decision?

.

John from PA wrote:
alandb wrote:
chewbacca wrote:

I've used uninstall_flash_player.exe a few times before to uninstall Flash Player that fails to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

So there is no official Flash Player uninstall on Win 10. I don't understand why Microsoft thinks we all need Flash Player today. All websites that I know no longer offer Flash content.

There are lots of things to blame Microsoft for, but I am not sure why you would put this one on them. Flash Player is an Adobe product.

Actually MS should perhaps shoulder some of the blame because many browsers like Edge, IE (even Chrome) run imbedded versions of flash. With some effort the embedded versions can also be removed. See https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-completely-uninstall-r... for what to do.

If you are not familiar with hackng the registry, then I especially recommend you back it up prior to proceeding.

Win10 version 1903

Edge browser blocks it by default:

Something missing on the page?
To help you stay safe, we've blocked Adobe Flash.
Click here to turn it on.

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't give a dam*... Flash content runs by default.

Correction
Edge default settings "Use Adobe Flash Player" is ON.
I have to click Run it once to show Flash content.

windows update

i have not getten any notices about a system update.

See link

chewbacca wrote:
John from PA wrote:
alandb wrote:
chewbacca wrote:

I've used uninstall_flash_player.exe a few times before to uninstall Flash Player that fails to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs.

So there is no official Flash Player uninstall on Win 10. I don't understand why Microsoft thinks we all need Flash Player today. All websites that I know no longer offer Flash content.

There are lots of things to blame Microsoft for, but I am not sure why you would put this one on them. Flash Player is an Adobe product.

Actually MS should perhaps shoulder some of the blame because many browsers like Edge, IE (even Chrome) run imbedded versions of flash. With some effort the embedded versions can also be removed. See https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-completely-uninstall-r... for what to do.

If you are not familiar with hackng the registry, then I especially recommend you back it up prior to proceeding.

Win10 version 1903

Edge browser blocks it by default:

Something missing on the page?
To help you stay safe, we've blocked Adobe Flash.
Click here to turn it on.

Internet Explorer 11 doesn't give a dam*... Flash content runs by default.

Correction
Edge default settings "Use Adobe Flash Player" is ON.
I have to click Run it once to show Flash content.

https://windowsreport.com/adobe-flash-content-was-blocked/

--
John from PA

What version Windows are you running?

bsp131 wrote:

i have not getten any notices about a system update.

Win 10 I assume, but Pro or Home?

--
John from PA

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

bsp131 wrote:

i have not getten any notices about a system update.

To get the new update for Windows 10 see https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/11/12/how-t...

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

Also, check these settings

charlesd45 wrote:
bsp131 wrote:

i have not getten any notices about a system update.

To get the new update for Windows 10 see https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/11/12/how-to-get-the-windows-10-november-2019-update/

Go to "Windows update settings" > "Advanced options" > "Choose when updates are installed" (scroll down).

You can delay when updates (both quality and feature) are installed. "Quality" usually means the big twice a year updates and "Feature" is the relatively small updates, like getting from 1903 to 1909.

--
John from PA

Thanks for the update...

I have yet to receive that update.

What version do you currently have?

allbizz wrote:

I have yet to receive that update.

What version do you currently have?

--
John from PA

What version do you currently have?

allbizz wrote:

I have yet to receive that update.

What version do you currently have?

--
John from PA

.

allbizz wrote:

I have yet to receive that update.

My version 1903 shows the following updates:

2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4524570)

2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4522741)

2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4524100)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - November 2019 (KB890830)

After installing the above updates and restarting the PC, it now shows this update:
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

and there's a "Download and install now" clickable link. That update seems to be manual.

My Active Directory GPO (Group Policy) settings are set to auto download and schedule the install but it is not auto downloading version 1909.

Check this...

chewbacca wrote:
allbizz wrote:

I have yet to receive that update.

My Active Directory GPO (Group Policy) settings are set to auto download and schedule the install but it is not auto downloading version 1909.

I’m not at a Windows PC so I’m working from memory but go to your Windows Update settings, then go to Advanced settings. You may have to scroll down, almost to the bottom to find a setting that is something like delay “Feature” updates for “x” days. Set it to zero, then see if it will update.

--
John from PA

@allbizz No update.

You may also try the Windows 10 Troubleshooter to fix update problems.Windows settings,Update & Security,on left side of screen Troubleshoot,under Get Up and Running select Windows Update and follow the instructions.

I had this same problem on my prior lap top ,updates were not happening.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

.

John from PA wrote:
chewbacca wrote:
allbizz wrote:

I have yet to receive that update.

My Active Directory GPO (Group Policy) settings are set to auto download and schedule the install but it is not auto downloading version 1909.

I’m not at a Windows PC so I’m working from memory but go to your Windows Update settings, then go to Advanced settings. You may have to scroll down, almost to the bottom to find a setting that is something like delay “Feature” updates for “x” days. Set it to zero, then see if it will update.

Thanks but I wasn't looking for help. I did ask how to remove Flash Player on 1 post but that was it.

I'm getting v1909 update. It just isn't downloading automatically which is fine. I'm not trying to fix anything at this point.

I prefer to know what it’s updating.

So for me I’m ok with my system not automatically updating.

chewbacca wrote:
John from PA wrote:
chewbacca wrote:
allbizz wrote:

I have yet to receive that update.

My Active Directory GPO (Group Policy) settings are set to auto download and schedule the install but it is not auto downloading version 1909.

I’m not at a Windows PC so I’m working from memory but go to your Windows Update settings, then go to Advanced settings. You may have to scroll down, almost to the bottom to find a setting that is something like delay “Feature” updates for “x” days. Set it to zero, then see if it will update.

Thanks but I wasn't looking for help. I did ask how to remove Flash Player on 1 post but that was it.

I'm getting v1909 update. It just isn't downloading automatically which is fine. I'm not trying to fix anything at this point.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.