Chromecast

 

I purchased the Chromecast some time ago at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Chromecast-HDMI-Streaming-M... .I would normally use it to stream from my Laptop to my TV.Mostly for TV programs I may have missed.Have always been impressed with the the ease of use and quality of the streaming. For the first time using my Samsung Galaxy 4 8.0 . I tried the Chromecast app out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.and... .It worked first time out doing a very good job.Could set in my easy chair in the TV room and do all the streaming.If looking for a way to stream content you may want to look at this.

Using your computer you will need to download the program and set it up.Plus Chrome Browser required .It may also come to Firefox in the future.

--
Charlie. Nuvi 265 WT and Nuvi 2597 LMT. Android Here WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS.

Love my Chromecast

I have been using the Chromecast to stream in HD from my desktop computer, smartphone and tablet. Works great and there are apps that support Chromecast being added all the time including CBS, ABC and Fox networks.

Using the phone or tablet once you start to stream the TV show or Movie you can close the app and the program continues to stream and you can make calls or check emails without disturbing what you are steaming and watching on the big screen.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Have two

Much of my prime TV is using Chromecast and YouTube, find it more entertaining when I'm in control of programming, follow many YouTube channels but my favorites are of people sailing around the world, some that come to mind are Shawn Sailing, Sailing La Vagabonde,Drake Paragon's Real Cruising, Wicked Salty and treasure hunting channels I watch Beau Quimette

Check them out!

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7 - Toyota Entune NAV

Awesome!

flaco wrote:

Much of my prime TV is using Chromecast and YouTube, find it more entertaining when I'm in control of programming, follow many YouTube channels but my favorites are of people sailing around the world, some that come to mind are Shawn Sailing, Sailing La Vagabonde,Drake Paragon's Real Cruising, Wicked Salty and treasure hunting channels I watch Beau Quimette

Check them out!

Wow, gonna check some of these out. I usually just watch the Tech and Android related channels.. But I have been looking for a few travel and adventure channels to follow!

Humor you asked?

Jim547 wrote:
flaco wrote:

Much of my prime TV is using Chromecast and YouTube, find it more entertaining when I'm in control of programming, follow many YouTube channels but my favorites are of people sailing around the world, some that come to mind are Shawn Sailing, Sailing La Vagabonde,Drake Paragon's Real Cruising, Wicked Salty and treasure hunting channels I watch Beau Quimette

Check them out!

Wow, gonna check some of these out. I usually just watch the Tech and Android related channels.. But I have been looking for a few travel and adventure channels to follow!

For good laughs try this channel CollegeHumor, and if you are a tinker try the channel bunnspecial I laugh more with this guy's frustrating watch repairs than a real comedian.

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7 - Toyota Entune NAV

interesting

That looks like an interesting gizmo, I'll have to check it out - thanks.

Thanks....

This info is very helpful.

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

Calling all Shooters

If you are into firearms and shooting for sports or protection check out hickok45 youtube channel, very informative and entertaining, this old geezer can shoot.

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7 - Toyota Entune NAV

Thanks

Thanks.

Yep

flaco wrote:

If you are into firearms and shooting for sports or protection check out hickok45 youtube channel, very informative and entertaining, this old geezer can shoot.

I've been "following" him for a few years, entertaining and informative.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

if you are into fishing

Check out this channel from a local Tampa Bay fisherman.

https://www.youtube.com/user/zoffinger/playlists

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7 - Toyota Entune NAV