just install my 1st poi's in garmi and cand find to use
To find custom POIs on a dezl series device, nuvi 55, 56, 65, 66, 2405, 2407, 2408, 2505, 2507, 2508, 2707, 2708, 3400, 3500, 3507, 3508 series, RV 760, and zumo 350, 390, 590 devices:
1. Touch Where to? 2. Touch Categories 3. Scroll down to Other Categories 4. Touch Custom POIs 5. Touch the desired custom POI category (if applicable)
This should list the custom POIs you have sent to your device. If loaded correctly.
See http://www.poi-factory.com/node/25721 for help on custom pois.
First off a couple of things that will help.
1. Click on Learn Tab, in the upper right corner. There's a wealth of information there.
2. Add the make and modelof GPS to your signature line, under your account profile. I can tell from the Subject that you have a NUVI2555, likely NUVI2555LMT. However, not all of your posts will have this in the Subject and it makes it easier for anyone that is responding to know what product you have.
Now for your answer:
Go to "Where To". In the right hand side you will see Categories,Saved and Recent.
Touch Categories and then then touch the Down Arrow on the left side three times.
Touch "Custom POIs" and your POI should be there. When you get a few of them, you may have to hit the up or down arrows to get to the specific one that you want.
I also suggest that you check this post periodically and see if others have added tidbits of information.
Over time, you will learn about things like Proximity Alerts, Extra POI Editor, and loading your POIs to the SD card and setting up Subdirectories on the SD card. Adding this now will overwhelm you.
Are you techie, or a complete techno novice? that will also help us to help your responses.
Oops-Posted twice. Now removed the second one.
Welcome to The Factory.
Just in case, check these first:
1) Did you use POI Loader software to install the POIs?
2) If you used POI Loader as you need to do, at the end of the loading from your computer to your GPS, did you see the message from POI Loader on your computer that said "Successfully loaded xxx POIs?" (Or words to that effect.)
3) If you answered No to 1 or 2, the problem isn't finding the POIs on your device, it's the loading of the POIs from your computer to your device.
PS--your profile says you have a C340 but your question is regarding a Nuvi 2555. It is the nuvi we're dealing with, right?
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020