Fishing Piers in the US (CSV Format)
Raw file: Fishing Piers in the US.csv (16.26 KB)
Includes 113 locations in the following areas:
- United States: AL, CA, CT, FL, MD, ME, MS, NC, NY, SC, TX, VA
- some may be in: GA, MA, MEX, NH (near a border)
Summary: This is a location list of Fishing Piers in the US.
Idea: slyflea posted Fri, 09/24/2010 - 2:49pm in the "What poi's would you like to see on here" thread:
I'd like to see a POI list of coastal fishing piers for the US.
Details: A pier is a raised structure, including bridge and building supports and walkways, over water, typically supported by widely spread piles or pillars. Fishing piers are built for the purpose of providing land locked anglers access to fishing grounds that are otherwise inaccessible. A purpose of this POI is to provide a location list for all fishing piers in the United States. The location information was obtained from Fishing Piers in the USA http://www.fintalk.com/fishing-piers/piers.html and California Fishing Piers: http://www.pierfishing.com/resources/?id=california_fishing_... .
If you know of other Fishing Piers in the US, please post at:
- Fishing Piers in the US POI Discussion Forum http://www.poi-factory.com/node/31670
Related POIs and Discussions
- California Piers POI http://www.poi-factory.com/node/5797
- FISHING POI request: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/5997
- Outer Banks NC Fishing POI (CSV) http://www.poi-factory.com/node/17024
VinceCANuvi - Dec 20, 2011
Added Jone Beach State Park
VinceCANuvi - Dec 12, 2011
Updated per discussion thread