Is there any extra software needed to install the 2009 map updates? Could someone give a brief overview of the process (on mac os x of course. Thanks
Question: How do I start the Map2009 update on a Mac when the download is finshed?
The size and type of the downloaded file, rmu_cnnant2009.dmg is 2.16GB in size. After locating and verification follow the step by step instructions below:
1. Double click on the rmu_cnnant2009.dmg file to mount disk image.
2. Opening “rmu_cnnant2009.dmg” window will appear.
3. Double click on the City Navigator North America NT download virtual disk icon, which will appear after opening of the rmu_cnnant2009.dmg file. The disk contains 6 items files, and folders.
4. Double click the Garmin Map Update icon to start the map update program.
5. Select Open to continue on the next Warning Window – Garmin Map Update is an application which was downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?
6. Next Window is a software update window this step is updating the program software, the Map2009 update process.
7. Click Continue on the first blue screen of the Map2009 map update.
8. Accept the License Agreement – after placing a check mark in the box-indicating acceptance of the agreement – hit “Continue” to proceed with the installation.
9. Click “Find GPS” if the device does not show automatically.
10. An Internet connection is required for the update process, the update program is checking the unit software version, and will update unit software your GPS device, if needed.
11. Enter in the “Product Key” located on the green sticker. Each product key is good for one unlock code. Hit Continue.
12. Select region if necessary, with the Map2009 update there are multiple regions to install for GPS devices that do not have enough storage.
13. Map2009 Update will copy the map image to the Macintosh HD.
14. Updating maps on GPS could take 40 to 60 min depending on the model of GPS and of Mac.
15. Click Done, Congratulations successfully installed.
Great Instructions. Thanks
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020