One Possible Way to Beat the Cameras

 

Try not running the light

Use your GPS to remind you where the cameras are located and never try to run the yellow light.

Works for me.

--
Garmin DriveSmart 61

Brilliant!

Brilliant! grin

--
Nuvi 350 Born Oct 07 - Nuvi 660 Unit #2 (re)Born Sept 08 - Nuvi 360(Gift to 'the chick' yet maintained by myself) Born July 08

Kill Joy!

cjames wrote:

Use your GPS to remind you where the cameras are located and never try to run the yellow light.

Works for me.

Ever seen the Saturday Night Live Skit "Debbie Downer"?

--
Garmin nüvi 200 (my first GPS), 780, & 3700 Series. And a Mac user.

That is funny.

That is funny.

Dang he's just a Muppet

cjames wrote:

Use your GPS to remind you where the cameras are located and never try to run the yellow light.

Works for me.

Life to short to be so rigid, and not to imagine having a little fun with such a prank.
Everyone loves Animal.

Bob

--
Using Android Based GPS.The above post and my sig reflects my own opinions, expressed for the purpose of informing or inspiring, not commanding. Naturally, you are free to reject or embrace whatever you read.

That was funny.

Ha Ha Ha. Now that was funny!!!

--
Nuvi 660. Nuvi 40 Check out. www.houserentalsorlando.com Irish Saying. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.

HOV Lanes

Reminds me of the cases where people put manequins in their cars to use the car pool lanes.

--
Nuvi 680, Magellan 300

nice

hahaha that's great

close ur eyes...if u cant

close ur eyes...if u cant see "it" it cant see you lol

licence plate paint

I have read about a clear paint that would make the license plate overexposed in the photo. looks just like a blank plate cool

Great!

Funny! I am so paranoid about red light cameras, I am afraid to turn right after stopping. If the camera doesn't recognize that I was stopped before making the turn, I am afraid of getting my picture taken. I hear some corners have video but, I don't know if all intersections have that feature.

Henry

--
Heng5 Nuvi 680 & 285WT

Turn Right

I have a friend who turned right on red but instead of going from the right lane into the right lane turned into the center lane. Then went to court to fight the ticket and lost. The red light camara got him.

--
Garmin DriveSmart 61

good info

cjames wrote:

I have a friend who turned right on red but instead of going from the right lane into the right lane turned into the center lane. Then went to court to fight the ticket and lost. The red light camara got him.

This is a good info. I too am paranoid with red light cameras, afraid to turn right after making a stop.

yup

cjames wrote:

I have a friend who turned right on red but instead of going from the right lane into the right lane turned into the center lane. Then went to court to fight the ticket and lost. The red light camara got him.

a buddy of mine ran into the same issue. couldn't get out of it. they said that you must treat any read light as a stop sign unless posted otherwise ...

Hold a magazine or clipboard

Great work by this Brit! All we need to do is hold a mag or clipboard. If they can't ID the person, it gets tossed. If EVERYBODY did this, it would make the entire illegal operation fail. More people need to STOP paying the tickets and start covering their faces. Especially on certain days. Maybe a redio station can can organize it. Speed and cover your face!

Cover Your Face?

Doesn't matter who is driving, if the vehicle is registered in your name you are the one who gets the ticket. Someone driving my vehicle turned on a red and I got the ticket, so how is this fair?

Try to get the enforcement changed...

In Beaverton, Oregon there was a huge court case over that. It was decided that, if the city was too lazy to enforce the laws in person (i.e. having an officer physically pull over the speeder/light runner) then they had to run the risk of losing the revenue when the ticket was issued over someone other then the registered owner driving. All the owner has to do now is walk into the courthouse with the ticket and a photo ID. Say, this isn't me, and they get it dropped.

Here's a link to a brief description of the issue that was raised;

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-131700170.html

Maybe you can take it to court and defend yourself...Heck...You might even be able to get the ball rolling for something like what Beaverton had to do.

--
LJ, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

licence plate paint

heavencent wrote:

I have read about a clear paint that would make the license plate overexposed in the photo. looks just like a blank plate cool

That stuff does not work, so save your money.

ohwogo nuvi 750

Ski mask?

Brad1968 wrote:

Great work by this Brit! All we need to do is hold a mag or clipboard. If they can't ID the person, it gets tossed. If EVERYBODY did this, it would make the entire illegal operation fail. More people need to STOP paying the tickets and start covering their faces. Especially on certain days. Maybe a redio station can can organize it. Speed and cover your face!

Time to start driving in a ski mask!!

Great British Sense of Humor!!!

That is good!!!

What about putting some mud on your tag and driving with a disguise?

thanks

for the quick break from reality. Although it appears some on here can't just laugh and enjoy sad

--
Garmin Quest/Quest2/Nuvi660/Nuvi755T

Not a good idea

If you cover your plate a police crusier will stop you to check you out and maybe a citation.

A muppet?

Thats not a muppet, thats my former wifes new husband!

--
Nüvi 765T, Nüvi 1390T, Nüvi 2559 and 2695 LMT, GPS12, GPS18 (used in nRoute and Oziexplorer on laptop), GPSmap76CSx, SonyEricsson X1 (For OziExplorer CE maps)

Clear plate paint

ohwogo wrote:
heavencent wrote:

I have read about a clear paint that would make the license plate overexposed in the photo. looks just like a blank plate cool

That stuff does not work, so save your money.

ohwogo nuvi 750

I tried it. Seemed to work OK when I did a test with a digital camera. My wife got a ticket a few weeks ago so I have to give it a thumbs down.

...beat the cameras

My California license plate was white until I put that useless stuff on. Now it's a dingy yellow and the spray varnish is partly peeling off. I don't know if it worked or not but I feel like I was dumb for buying it and spraying it on. There is a plastic license plate cover that distorts one or two digits of a plate but one can see that it's there if one knows what to look for and I'd hate to try to explain it to the Highway Patrol or to the police.

--
Garmin Nuvi 1350, Garmin Nuvi 1490T(X2) Garmin Nuvi 1450T

It works a little...

riggs point wrote:

My California license plate was white until I put that useless stuff on. Now it's a dingy yellow and the spray varnish is partly peeling off. I don't know if it worked or not but I feel like I was dumb for buying it and spraying it on. There is a plastic license plate cover that distorts one or two digits of a plate but one can see that it's there if one knows what to look for and I'd hate to try to explain it to the Highway Patrol or to the police.

I think the stuff actually does have an effect. Like I said, it tested pretty well with my digital camera. It may be flash or angle dependent though.

Interesting

There are serious fines in MD if you get caught using such materials.

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

If . . .

your plate has mud splattered on it, then how can that be construed as covering your plate. This incident could be a naturally occuring phenomena. "Oh, I did not know my plate was covered with mud, Officer. I will go to the closest car wash and wash the mud from my plate."

Myth Busters . . .

has proved that the clear coating over your license plate does not work.

Muppet. Now that's Classic.

Muppet. Now that's Classic. Gotta love the Brit sense of Humor.

ahhh

Fluxuated wrote:

Muppet. Now that's Classic. Gotta love the Brit sense of Humor.

back to the original point of this post...a good laugh

--
Garmin Quest/Quest2/Nuvi660/Nuvi755T

A better mouse trap

The state, the cities, the counties are finding ways to increasing revenues on traffic fines by putting more cams, more police radars, and unmanned traffic radar checks. I can see that in the future we are going to be connected to the police central computer and every time we speed or run a light they send a ticket, this is the BIG BROTHER mentality. They say revenues are not enough, I tell them stop making contracts that are over the value that should be. Paying under the table and over paid executives are to blame to.

--
Gps! ask where to go and get there! Best of all, what we need is to have accurate pois to reach all destinations