Best Buy Project discussion

 

This is where you post updates for the Best buy Project.

I am looking for someone to take over this file, the original author has not been around in almost a year and I am ready to transfer responsibility to someone else.

Miss POI

POI Files

<<Page 2>>

Three missing OH Best Buys

Mentor OH (Store 168)
7830 Plaza Blvd
Mentor, OH 44060
Phone: 440-974-1151
41.658512 -81.365799

Mayfield Road OH (Store 271)
1417 Golden Gate Blvd
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
Phone: 440-449-9150
41.521706 -81.448357

Steelyard Commons OH (Store 1161)
3506 Steelyard Dr
Cleveland, OH 44109-2388
Phone: 216-635-1450
41.46526 -81.691223

Locations have been added and posted

And thank you for taking the time to submit complete information, it really helps.. wink

jansons wrote:

Mentor OH (Store 168)
7830 Plaza Blvd
Mentor, OH 44060
Phone: 440-974-1151
41.658512 -81.365799

Mayfield Road OH (Store 271)
1417 Golden Gate Blvd
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
Phone: 440-449-9150
41.521706 -81.448357

Steelyard Commons OH (Store 1161)
3506 Steelyard Dr
Cleveland, OH 44109-2388
Phone: 216-635-1450
41.46526 -81.691223

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Add this one too.....

Marysville OH (Store 1167)
770 Colemans Crossing Blvd
Marysville, OH 43040
Phone: 937-644-8678
40.232170, -83.344650

The Location has been added and posted...

Thank you for taking the time to submit the complete information, once again making my job a little easier... grin

RegularJoe wrote:

Marysville OH (Store 1167)
770 Colemans Crossing Blvd
Marysville, OH 43040
Phone: 937-644-8678
40.232170, -83.344650

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Addition to Best Buy POI File - Turkey Creek TN (Store 1382)

-84.16648, 35.89881, Best Buy: Farragut, TN, 11491 Parkside Drive, Farragut, TN 37934, (865) 218-9899

The addition has been made and posted..

panama wrote:

-84.16648, 35.89881, Best Buy: Farragut, TN, 11491 Parkside Drive, Farragut, TN 37934, (865) 218-9899

Thank you for taking the time to submit the addition, it is greatly appreciated...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Addition to Best Buy POI File - Hixson, TN (Store 1070)

-85.24946, 35.1474, Best Buy: Hixson, TN, 5591 Hwy 153, Hixson, TN 37343, (423) 877-9929

Adding the location..

panama wrote:

-85.24946, 35.1474, Best Buy: Hixson, TN, 5591 Hwy 153, Hixson, TN 37343, (423) 877-9929

Will post it this morning... Thanks again for taking the time to submit it.. wink

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Best Buy Project discussion

Gary
I have a friend that is a manager of a Best Buy store, he told me there are rumors in the mill about store closings with in the chain and massive layoffs for second quarter of this year. Just a heads up, hoping it's just a company rumor with no basis. Things sure don't look good, thousands of jobs gone daily.

--
Using Android Based GPS.The above post and my sig reflects my own opinions, expressed for the purpose of informing or inspiring, not commanding. Naturally, you are free to reject or embrace whatever you read.

The new location has been added...

I sometimes wonder why Best Buy seems to always build a store next to one of there competitors in Los Angeles (Costco) but they do... I noticed a new Circuit City store near my son's home, it never opened... On second thought maybe Costco is building next to Best Buy... shock At any rate there is a lot of competition for the market and the economy certainly isn't helping...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Could be...

aophiuchus wrote:

I sometimes wonder why Best Buy seems to always build a store next to one of there competitors in Los Angeles (Costco) but they do... I noticed a new Circuit City store near my son's home, it never opened... On second thought maybe Costco is building next to Best Buy... shock At any rate there is a lot of competition for the market and the economy certainly isn't helping...

It could be they are going after the same customers and if they are in the area, then they might be willing to go from Costco into BB when Costco doesn't have what they were looking for. There is enough difference - BB doesn't sell clothing, couches or food that people would be willing to walk from one store to the other but may not be worth the effort to drive between them.

--
ɐ‾nsǝɹ Just one click away from the end of the Internet

I think BB may do installation where Costco doesn't...

But they seem to sell the same or very similar items and as you stated Costco sells many things BB doesn't, on the other hand you have to pay to shop a Costco, while BB is free... I presently shop at Costco because of their return policy and don't shop at BB because of their return policy... rolleyes

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Addition to Best Buy POI - Murfreesboro, TN (Store 1425)

-86.44717, 35.86462, 2615 Medical Center Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37129-2257, (615) 893-2493

Williamsburg, VA store

Wow, I can actually contribute something. Was surprised that the Williamsburg, VA Best Buy is not in the file.

Here's the data:

37.258337,-76.640781

Williamsburg VA (Store 1444)
210 Whittakers Trace
Williamsburg, VA 23185
757-220-1352

l/l is from my Garmin at the front door.

Keep up the good work!

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

The location has been added and posted..

metricman wrote:

Wow, I can actually contribute something. Was surprised that the Williamsburg, VA Best Buy is not in the file.

Here's the data:

37.258337,-76.640781

Williamsburg VA (Store 1444)
210 Whittakers Trace
Williamsburg, VA 23185
757-220-1352

l/l is from my Garmin at the front door.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for taking the time to submit all of the information, that really helps me while updating the file. wink

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Best Buy around Austin plus TX

I looked at this file and saw only one store for Austin and I knew that there are more. I have three I can get to in less than 10 minutes. So I started to make my own for Best Buys around Austin and San Antonio. It gets easier when you can go to the location and verify that there is actually a Best Buy store there. Trusting the geocoded address can get you way off (I've done that). But this is only doable when the location is somewhat near my neighborhood.

I am using GeePeeEx to create GPX files.
I used the addresses from Best Buy's website and then geocoding. Then use the location and do satelite view and try to see if it looks like a major store is at the location.

After I was done with with the Austin and San Antonio area I was surprised to see that 20 of my locations were missing from the BestBuy file on POI Factory. So I figured I can submit my additions.

But then I decided to go ahead and try to do the rest of Texas too.

So now I have 40 additions to the BestBuy file.

I would think it would be best to send them in an email. You should be able to get my email address from Miss Poi. And then I just reply to your mail and attach my csv file with my additions.

JCA

I sent you an email..

You can attach the file and send it. I will make the necessary additions and post them. Thanks for the info... wink

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Addition to Best Buy POI - MT Juliet , TN (Store 1064)

-86.514,36.16614,401 S MT Juliet Rd, MT Juliet, TN 37122-6319, (615) 754-9200

I received the file..

aophiuchus wrote:

You can attach the file and send it. I will make the necessary additions and post them. Thanks for the info... wink

I converted the file to the same format for the posted poi and added the TX locations The new file has been posted. Thank you for the all of your work and the information. grin

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Almost missed this one...

panama wrote:

-86.44717, 35.86462, 2615 Medical Center Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37129-2257, (615) 893-2493

The location has been added and posted..

Thank you for taking the time to supply the complete information... grin

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

The location has been added and posted.

panama wrote:

-86.514,36.16614,401 S MT Juliet Rd, MT Juliet, TN 37122-6319, (615) 754-9200

The location has been added and posted..

Thank you for taking the time to supply the complete information... wink

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Addition to Best Buy POI File - Nashville (West), TN

-86.88933,36.13478,6810 Charlotte Pike, Nashville, TN 37209-4206, (615) 353-1184

The Location has been added and posted

panama wrote:

-86.88933,36.13478,6810 Charlotte Pike, Nashville, TN 37209-4206, (615) 353-1184

Thank you for taking the time to submit the coordinates etc... grin

The store is listed as Nashville East in the store locator instead of Charlotte Pike.. I used the stores discription shock

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Addition to Best Buy POI File - Southaven MS (Store 1447)

-89.99546,34.9642,Best Buy: Southaven - MS,304 Market Plaza, Southaven, MS 38671, (662) 349-0551

Added and posted

panama wrote:

-89.99546,34.9642,Best Buy: Southaven - MS,304 Market Plaza, Southaven, MS 38671, (662) 349-0551

Thanks for taking the time to submit complete info..

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Rogers AR (Store 1148)

Rogers AR (Store 1148)
2220 Promenade Blvd
Rogers, AR 72758
Phone: 479-619-2301

36°18'24.63"N
94°10'45.20"W

--
****NUVI 660****

Best Buy Moore Oklahoma

There is a new one in Moore Oklahoma.

-97.488964,35.314652

address is 2700 S Service Road Moore, Oklahoma

noahjokc

The location has been added and posted

bgattis wrote:

Rogers AR (Store 1148)
2220 Promenade Blvd
Rogers, AR 72758
Phone: 479-619-2301

36°18'24.63"N
94°10'45.20"W

Thank you for submitting the complete information...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

The location has been added and posted

noahjokc wrote:

There is a new one in Moore Oklahoma.

-97.488964,35.314652

address is 2700 S Service Road Moore, Oklahoma

noahjokc

Thank you for providing the complete information...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Addition to Best Buy POI File - Meridian, MS (Store #1439)

-88.67046, 32.36599, Best Buy #1439: Meridian - MS, 133 S Frontage Rd, Meridian, MS 39301-6110, (601) 484-5710

Added and posted

panama wrote:

-88.67046, 32.36599, Best Buy #1439: Meridian - MS, 133 S Frontage Rd, Meridian, MS 39301-6110, (601) 484-5710

Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit the complete information and in the correct format... grin

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Best Buy Locations

How do I submit new BB or one's not on the list I have 2 that could be added. Thanks

Right Here

ENYPDE wrote:

How do I submit new BB or one's not on the list I have 2 that could be added. Thanks

You can post the information right here in this topic. Aophiuchus will verify the info and update the file accordingly.

Provide as much detailed info as you can. The actual lat/lon would be especially helpful.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2019.30 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

2 Additions to Best Buy POI

-70.74253, 41.77869, Best Buy #1139: Wareham - MA, 2421 Cranberry Hwy, Wareham, MA 02571, (508) 273-0470

-70.71472, 41.9702, Best Buy #385: Kingston - MA, 101 Independence Mall Way, Kingston, MA 02364, (781) 582-1486

the locations have been added and posted

ENYPDE wrote:

-70.74253, 41.77869, Best Buy #1139: Wareham - MA, 2421 Cranberry Hwy, Wareham, MA 02571, (508) 273-0470

-70.71472, 41.9702, Best Buy #385: Kingston - MA, 101 Independence Mall Way, Kingston, MA 02364, (781) 582-1486

Thanks for taking the time to submit the complete information...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Stevens Point/Plover WI Location

Missing Location:

1145 Commons Circle,
Plover WI 54467
715-344-0566

Thanks.

Mark

Location has now been added and posted

gardibolt wrote:

Missing Location:

1145 Commons Circle,
Plover WI 54467
715-344-0566

Thanks.

Mark

Thank you for taking the time to submit the missing location...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Only 1860 miles off....

The coordinates for the Best Buy at 1170 Vann Dr, Jackson, TN will take you to downtown San Diego. cool I believe the correct coordinates should be:
-88.85743
35.66375
Thnx

--
Stay Safe, Sane, Sober & Solvent!

The coordinates have been corrected an posted

whoaboy wrote:

The coordinates for the Best Buy at 1170 Vann Dr, Jackson, TN will take you to downtown San Diego. cool I believe the correct coordinates should be:
-88.85743
35.66375
Thnx

Thank you for taking the time to supply the correct coordinates...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

The coordinates have been corrected an posted

whoaboy wrote:

The coordinates for the Best Buy at 1170 Vann Dr, Jackson, TN will take you to downtown San Diego. cool I believe the correct coordinates should be:
-88.85743
35.66375
Thnx

Thank you for taking the time to supply the correct coordinates...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Add Best Buy Location

Hello,

Please add the following location to the Best Buy file:
Arlington Heights IL (Store 303)
615 E Palatine Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Phone: 847-590-9849

The location has been added and posted

inbagley wrote:

Hello,

Please add the following location to the Best Buy file:
Arlington Heights IL (Store 303)
615 E Palatine Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Phone: 847-590-9849

Thank you for the information...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

2 Additions, 1 Coord change

Aophiuchus:

I apologize for contacting you about Best Buy changes via your contact form. I had forgotten that changes for Best Buy should be posted in this thread. For clarity, I’ll resubmit them here. This is the way it all shakes out:

Please add 2 new Best Buy stores:

-117.016804, 32.778022
Best Buy: La Mesa - CA
8401 Fletcher Parkway, La Mesa, CA 91942, (619) 668-3005

and

-116.964089, 32.621770
Best Buy: Chula Vista - CA
2015 Birch Road, Chula Vista, CA 91915, (619) 397-4050

Also, please correct the coordinates for:

Best Buy: Chula Vista - CA
59 North Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910, (619) 420-1187
To:
-117.095354, 32.651158

FYI: I drove to the store I previously submitted as new (via the contact form) at 891 Showroom Place, Chula Vista, CA and found that a Best Buy at this location definitely does not exist at this time - contrary to both Yahoo Search and Google Earth search.

--
Stay Safe, Sane, Sober & Solvent!

The changes have been made and posted..

whoaboy wrote:

Aophiuchus:

I apologize for contacting you about Best Buy changes via your contact form. I had forgotten that changes for Best Buy should be posted in this thread. For clarity, I’ll resubmit them here. This is the way it all shakes out:

Please add 2 new Best Buy stores:

-117.016804, 32.778022
Best Buy: La Mesa - CA
8401 Fletcher Parkway, La Mesa, CA 91942, (619) 668-3005

and

-116.964089, 32.621770
Best Buy: Chula Vista - CA
2015 Birch Road, Chula Vista, CA 91915, (619) 397-4050

Also, please correct the coordinates for:

Best Buy: Chula Vista - CA
59 North Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910, (619) 420-1187
To:
-117.095354, 32.651158

FYI: I drove to the store I previously submitted as new (via the contact form) at 891 Showroom Place, Chula Vista, CA and found that a Best Buy at this location definitely does not exist at this time - contrary to both Yahoo Search and Google Earth search.

Thanks for taking the time to submit the accitions/corrections and checking out the other one. wink I only use the best buy store locator for the location of stores, if they don't list it I don't use it... shock rolleyes

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

1 Modification & 1 new one

Modification - this store moved down the street a few years ago. Line 602 is currently:
-78.70387, 35.85714, Best Buy: Raleigh - NC, 6254 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27612, (919) 881-4388

It should be:
-78.67569, 35.83757, Best Buy: Raleigh - NC, 4325 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27612, (919) 782-4323

Also a new addition:
-78.78391, 35.91462, Best Buy: Raleigh - NC, 7980 Skyland Ridge Pkwy, Raleigh, NC 27617, (919) 686-2089

I'm out and about..

Not near my files, I will make up dates when I return in several weeks...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

New store in NY

A new Best Buy opened a couple weeks ago in Vestal, NY. The Lat/Lon per Streets & Trips is ...
-75.99479W 42.09761N
Best Buy #1380-Vestal-NY
3209 Vestal Pkwy E
Vestal, NY 13850
(607) 777-1489

missing new best buy in port charlotte, fl

18700 Veterans Blvd
Unit 13
Port Charlotte, FL 33954-1037

Best Buy in HI

Please add:

Best Buy Honolulu (Store 763)
478 Alakawa Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
808-525-7182‎
21.318649, -157.87526

Best Buy Aiea (Store 852)
98-051 Kamehameha Hwy
Aiea, HI 96701
808-485-6940
21.388605, -157.95465

Thanks

Remove 1 Rockford, IL Location

The Best Buy at 5505 E. State St, Rockford, IL was relocated to the 281 Deane Dr. location several years ago.

-89.00851 42.26567 Best Buy: Rockford - IL 5505 E State St, Rockford, IL 61108, (815) 397-7711

Thanks!

Vandal

--
Jihad THIS!! Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
<<Page 2>>