Garmin provides a free software tool that loads custom points of interest (POI locations) into many of their newer GPS models.
You can learn more about the software and download a copy from Garmin's web site.
- Garmin - Loading POI files with POI Loader
- Garmin POI Loader | Hornbyp's guide to setting alerts with POI Loader
Frequently Asked Questions
- Garmin Alerts | How do I set alerts with POI Loader?
- Garmin Custom POIs | Where do I find the files on my Garmin?
- Garmin Memory Cards | How do I save to a SD memory card from POI Loader?
- Garmin POI Loader | Does Garmin's POI Loader update the built-in points-of-interest?
- Garmin POI Loader | How do I remove custom POI files from my Garmin GPS?
- Garmin POI Loader | What file formats can POI Loader read?
- Garmin POI Loader | When choosing a Source within POI Loader, why can I not see any of my POI files?
- Garmin POI Loader | Which GPS models work with Garmin's POI Loader software?
- POI Files | Why do CSV files have an Excel icon?
- POI Loader Max Distance Garmin | What is the maximum alert distance setting for poiloader in manual mode?
Elsewhere on the web
- POI Loader information at Garmin.com
- Gravecare's Video Tutorial for POI Loader
- Sam Penrod's discussion of POI Loader at gpsinformation.net