I am wondering a few things about my new Garmin 260.
1. Can you load a trip into with multiple stops?
2. Can I do this via latpop and upload it to the handheld.
3. Can I change the voice, or download more voices.
Thanks for your information in advance....jason
1. No, I believe that you can only insert one via point
2. Yes, with mapsource. I personally don't use mapsource so others may be able to give you more detail exactly how to do it.
3. You can change the voices. You can also download voices from garmin's site. When you change the voice, you have two types, tts and none tts. TTS is text to speech and that is when they pronounce the street names.
Personal note: I have erased all my voice files (except for the two I use) from my nuvi in order to conserve space. You can always redownload them.
As to number two, you can use MapSource to plan you route, but you can't load the route itself to the unit. You could save a series of waypoints along the route, number them sequentially, load them to the unit, and then manually route to them in sequence.
... to do on my upcoming trip to Florida. I don't have Mapsource, but I plan to load a series of waypoints as favorites, then just select them sequentially as I go. Maybe not perfect, but it doesn't seem like it would be all that painful.
Additionally, you can get the coordinates for those waypoints with Google Earth, then enter them and save (I call them way1, way2, etc).
Yeah, I forgot about that, thanks MM
How do you erase unwanted voices? Transfer the voice files to my laptop, delete the unwanted voice files and upload the rest to the Nuvi? Thanks.
First of all, it's a good idea to backup your entire unit to your computer.
Then you can safely delete any of the voice files that you don't need on the unit.
Be sure NOT to delete any of the .IMG files as these are your maps.
i just bought this unit. it is very good. thanks for the info
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2018