did you ever Re-watch a movie (nostalgic feeling)

 

And get a real reminiscent or nostalgic feeling?

I often think of things past from conversations.

This week it was Fort Apache The Bronx.

So I bought the DVD for $6 and watched it.

I saw it in the theater and was underage. This was a time when it was possible to sneak in to other theaters and see maybe 3 movies on 1 ticket.

A couple things became apparent--from memory, where I thought the film began was 45 minutes into it (the scene where a guy changing a tire at night gets killed).

This tells me I must have snuck into the movie as a little kid.

Then, it felt a bit sad knowing most of the actors have passed away, yet they weren't that old in the film.

Paul Newman would have been 56, and his love interest 23. That love interest in real life is 63 now!

Also depressing, how the South Bronx looked in 1980 or so, resembles Phila. today, and I think, how can that be.

yup

I do it from time to time, sometimes the movies are just as good, or better, than I remembered them, sometimes I wonder why I liked them the first time.

And then there are the ones I wish were made with todays super high definition picture and sound capabilities.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

Yes

Reruns can be good!

Old Movies

I frequently get a feeling of nostalgia when watching old movies & TV shows that picture cars from the 50's and 60's. I was a kid back then and could name the make, model and year of every car on the road.

My wife gets a kick out of it when I recite the details of the cars we see in these old flicks.

Now days, I can't tell a Chevy from a Mazda. They all look alike to me.

About the only thing different on cars these days…

…is the name badge or logo on the front or rear of the car. You can’t hardly tell them apart otherwise. I do like the old films though. They bring back memories of a quieter, peaceful time. And the cartoons. You knew that when Wile E. Coyote fell off the cliff while trying to catch the Roadrunner, he was going to be back in about 3 seconds with another great idea that would fail also. And we knew that it was not real. So many kids today can’t separate the real from the fictional in today’s world.

--
With God, all things are possible. ——State motto of the Great State of Ohio

movies

i built a place for dvd's and bulrays that cover a whole wall in my puter room and every once in a while i see one i liked and and watch it again and some of them are like new movies i never saw before !

Movies

Mine is Field of Dreams. I've watched it over and over. I can't get enough of it. Lol.

--
Are we there yet?

Mine are

Dirty Dancing and Indiana Jones, Raiders of the lost ark.

--
Nuvi 2797LMT, DriveSmart 50 LMT-HD, Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

Same here

bdhsfz6 wrote:

I frequently get a feeling of nostalgia when watching old movies & TV shows that picture cars from the 50's and 60's. I was a kid back then and could name the make, model and year of every car on the road.

My wife gets a kick out of it when I recite the details of the cars we see in these old flicks.

Now days, I can't tell a Chevy from a Mazda. They all look alike to me.

I agree with you about the 50's and 60's cars. Back then, cars were cars compared with today's sissy cars.

Phil

--
"No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse."

Road to Perdition

Funny you should mention rewatching a movie you hadn't seen in years, and it was a Paul Newman movie. I don't rewatch a lot of films I've seen before much anymore, but last week I rewatched on Netflix a favorite film from 2002 I hadn't seen in at least 15 years, and it was Paul Newman's last major film role: "Road to Perdition." Great performances from a great cast. Tom Hanks is the lead, but it's not a typical Tom Hanks role, as he plays a mob enforcer--very convincingly! Also features Jude Law, Daniel Craig, Stanley Tucci, and Tyler Hoechlin. Dark and moody cinematography by Conrad Hall. Directed by Sam Mendes. Music by Thomas Newman. A lot of cinema pedigrees there. Wonderful film.

--
"141 could draw faster than he, but Irving was looking for 143..."

My husband is the World champ at re-watching Movies

There are movies that my husband has watched at least 30 times. He loves watching movies and now that he is unable to do much he sure enjoys his old movies. I have to find something to sew or paint to keep from going bananas while they are on after the 5th or 6th time.
I am so glad he loves them as it is very good he has something he loves that he can do.
Before the pandemic we would go to the movie every week. Now we have Hulu, Prime, HBO, Acorn, Disney+, Netflix and I don't know what else! He has plenty to watch now!
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

They just don't make movies

They just don't make movies like Airplane I & II any more.... kids today have no clue what they're missing.

I just did too! Cool Hand

I just did too! Cool Hand Luke!

Movies theater when child

My husband lived a couple of miles from the River Oaks Theater.
He would walk there every Saturday and watch the feature several times.
There was a drainage ditch on the way and he would cut across peoples property and walk part way in the ditch. He had a friend that lived near him who would go with him a lot. The theater had a coke machine that coke and cherry. He would make half coke and half cheery from the machine to drink.
When he was ready to come home he would go next door to Spencer's Pharmacy and put his nickel in the pay phone and call home. He would let it ring one time then hang up and spend the nickel. His parents would come pick him up when the phone rang once.
He has such great memories and has shared them with me several times.
If you have sweet memories share them with someone you love so they can live on.
Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

totally

zx1100e1 wrote:

They just don't make movies like Airplane I & II any more.... kids today have no clue what they're missing.

From memory...I think the actress' name is Julie Hagerty, the flight attendant? I can see her playing the guitar and hitting the IV line of the girl she's playing for on the plane...and also the scene with the inflatable co-pilot hahahahahahahaha

edit: p.s. my memory failed me, it was the other flight attendant who played the guitar! But Julie Hagerty blew up the inflatable autopilot with the manual inflation nozzle...

https://youtu.be/RMh9hPGNGKE

https://youtu.be/1IS6DEUZ_gs

I was

mgarledge wrote:

My husband lived a couple of miles from the River Oaks Theater.
He would walk there every Saturday and watch the feature several times.
There was a drainage ditch on the way and he would cut across peoples property and walk part way in the ditch. He had a friend that lived near him who would go with him a lot. The theater had a coke machine that coke and cherry. He would make half coke and half cheery from the machine to drink.
When he was ready to come home he would go next door to Spencer's Pharmacy and put his nickel in the pay phone and call home. He would let it ring one time then hang up and spend the nickel. His parents would come pick him up when the phone rang once.
He has such great memories and has shared them with me several times.
If you have sweet memories share them with someone you love so they can live on.
Mary

Our parents had an evening engagement (formal at a UN embassy) so they left us alone to go about in Manhattan, even as little kids. My brother was tiny as he was 10 years younger. I decided let's go to a movie. The theater was called the Regency. So we went in, and what was playing was "The Last Picture Show." I thought hmmm...this seems old, is that Cybill Shepherd?

Turns out the Regency was a "revival house." It played old movies. I just googled it and this will give you an idea, it closed in 1987!

https://youtu.be/1ibAAJecyT4

nice!

ceevee wrote:

I just did too! Cool Hand Luke!

HUD is on my top ten list...