Texas Home Internet Service in Rural Areas

 

We live in North Texas. We have had OneSource home internet for several years. I received a letter yesterday saying they were disconnection service in our area August 6 because they were loosing access to the facilities in our area.
This is a radio type internet.

My question is: Does anyone in North Texas have radio service with another company? If so how is the service and do they offer unlimited? I am having trouble finding a replacement internet to serve us. We need unlimited as we stream HBO, Netflix, etc. everyday.

Also, does anyone know of a Home Cell service that has unlimited Hotspot service that will let you connect to a TV?
Reading it looks like Hotspots don't let you connect to a TV from what I can tell by reading online.

I am desperate as almost everything I do is over internet. The first group I thought of was you.

Thanks, Mary

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)
<<Page 2

Mary - What services are your neighbors nearby using?

Mary - What services are your neighbors nearby using for Internet, television and landline? Have you asked?

--
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...

We are Hermits and stay to ourself

koot wrote:

Mary - What services are your neighbors nearby using for Internet, television and landline? Have you asked?

WE are hermits and stay to ourself. We only have a few neighbors, of whom I know none. Most are behind trees. Of what I can see when we are in the car it looks like satalite and Radio like what I have now.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Might be available

I have used Nextlink internet for about 5 yrs. and am very happy with it. It might be available in your area, it is line of sight wireless and not affected by weather or clouds. Reasonable price and unlimited data.

http://nextlinkinternet.com/about/service-area/

--
Nuvi 2460LMT

Thank you

mmullins98 wrote:

I have used Nextlink internet for about 5 yrs. and am very happy with it. It might be available in your area, it is line of sight wireless and not affected by weather or clouds. Reasonable price and unlimited data.

http://nextlinkinternet.com/about/service-area/

This is like what we have now. The towers are so full in our area. The service goes in and out a lot because of traffic. We were hoping to get away from line of sight. It is looking like we might have to go with one though. I will look at Nextlink. Thanks

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

I looked at the AT&T plan.

I looked at the AT&T plan. It has unlimited but only 15gb hotspot.
When you connect to tv with hdmi is this considered using a hotspot? We use Netflix and HBO a lot.

No it is not considered hotspot as you are actually streaming to the phone.Also if you have direct tv the data used is not counted .

A Potential Future Provider

New York Times:

SpaceX Delays Launch of Starlink Orbital Internet Satellites

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/science/spacex-launch.htm...

Dish

Ajax67 wrote:

I looked at the AT&T plan. It has unlimited but only 15gb hotspot.
When you connect to tv with hdmi is this considered using a hotspot? We use Netflix and HBO a lot.

No it is not considered hotspot as you are actually streaming to the phone.Also if you have direct tv the data used is not counted .

We have dish. It is satalite, we seldom use their data. We use HBO and Netflix through Roku. We sometimes select Netflix from the Dish remote. I don't know if this goes through satalite or data.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

Something

minke wrote:

New York Times:

SpaceX Delays Launch of Starlink Orbital Internet Satellites

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/15/science/spacex-launch.html

Something to maybe look forward to.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)
<<Page 2