Dunkin Donuts/ coffee

 

As of January you will never see signs for Dunkin Donuts.
They are changing their name to "Dunkin"
They are dropping the "Donuts" part of the name. All signs, containers, napkins. Still the same coffee (thank God) for that, and the same donuts.

--
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!

I suspect

Its because they do more than donuts.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT.

I tried Dunkin coffee a year

I tried Dunkin coffee a year ago. It's no different than watered down coffee you can find elsewhere. What's so special?

Coffee

chewbacca wrote:

I tried Dunkin coffee a year ago. It's no different than watered down coffee you can find elsewhere. What's so special?

Everyone has their own taste in coffee. I like the lighter roasts for their sweeter, less burned taste and Dunkin' Original Blend coffee is one of the better ones in that category IMO. I even buy my coffee beans for home grinding there. If you like their coffee, you can get 4# for $20 ... about half the grocery store price for premium coffee brands.

Some of my friends prefer the bold dark roasts, so they would rather go to Starbucks than Dunkin'. Competition is good. smile

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

True but to me Dunkin coffee

True but to me Dunkin coffee tastes like hot water with a little bit of coffee flavor. I prefer stronger coffee. Starbucks (coffee of the day) sometimes tastes bad too, no flavor.

I agree

chewbacca wrote:

True but to me Dunkin coffee tastes like hot water with a little bit of coffee flavor. I prefer stronger coffee. Starbucks (coffee of the day) sometimes tastes bad too, no flavor.

chewy, I couldn't agree more. I think, like you, I tried Dunkin' coffee exactly one time and was totally unimpressed. Know who I think has good coffee? Good old McDonalds.

Phil

--
Phil in Mentor, Ohio -- Garmin Nuvi 1450

MacDonald's isn't the worst

MacDonald's isn't the worst I've had. It's certainly better than Starbucks, IMNSHO

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

I agree

McDonald's coffee is pretty good Starbucks not so much

--
2597 Sometimes I wonder..."Why is that Frisbee getting bigger?"...and then, it hits me.

before

Before Peets bought them out and shuttered most locations Caribou was my choice. Now the Canucks have the market locked for chain coffee at Timmy's.

--
"In order to be old and wise, one first must have been young and stupid."

Starbucks vs Dunkin

chewbacca wrote:

True but to me Dunkin coffee tastes like hot water with a little bit of coffee flavor. I prefer stronger coffee. Starbucks (coffee of the day) sometimes tastes bad too, no flavor.

Starbucks doesn't use expensive coffee, it just adds lot of ground coffee per cup. You can do that with any coffee, add enough and it will be like navy coffee, (stick a spoon in it and it will stand straight up)

--
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!

still weak

Timantide wrote:

Starbucks doesn't use expensive coffee, it just adds lot of ground coffee per cup. You can do that with any coffee, add enough and it will be like navy coffee, (stick a spoon in it and it will stand straight up)

We had to go to plastic spoons because the steel ones dissolved.

--
"In order to be old and wise, one first must have been young and stupid."

I'll Second That

alandb wrote:
chewbacca wrote:

I tried Dunkin coffee a year ago. It's no different than watered down coffee you can find elsewhere. What's so special?

Everyone has their own taste in coffee. I like the lighter roasts for their sweeter, less burned taste and Dunkin' Original Blend coffee is one of the better ones in that category IMO. I even buy my coffee beans for home grinding there. If you like their coffee, you can get 4# for $20 ... about half the grocery store price for premium coffee brands.

Some of my friends prefer the bold dark roasts, so they would rather go to Starbucks than Dunkin'. Competition is good. smile

I always look for Dunkin when on the road. We drink it at home as well since there's a nearby store selling Dunkin beans.

McDonald's is a second choice (if it's fresh) when there isn't a Dunkin around.

my favorite covfefe

I seldom drink overpriced coffee brewed outside my house, I buy Starbucks dark roast coffee beans and Costco medium roast own blend beans or DD breakfast blend beans, I grind before brewing and weight the grinds to achieve the boldness I like using the same amount of water in my Bonavita coffee maker.

Sometimes I grind my own blend by mixing beans from different brands and and roast style to experiment and tweak what I really like at a reasonable price.

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7 - Toyota Entune NAV

Lots more than coffee

Back in the day it was just coffee and donuts and now they have muffins, wraps, bagels, Coolata smoothie things, and who knows what else. I'm sure competition with Starbucks is fierce.

Breakfast sandwiches.

They have several breakfast sandwiches available any time they are open ... like egg, sausage and cheese on a croissant, or egg, bacon and cheese on a toasted english muffin, with coin hash browns on the side. I have tried several of their offerings and find them quite good and value priced compared to similar offerings by MacDonalds, Burger king and other fast food chains. Interestingly, I like their food choices and coffee, but don't care much for their donuts! laugh out loud

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

DD is not bad...

... I used to drink it quite often, but not so much anymore. Tim Horton’s is a pretty good coffee. They also have great hot chocolate.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Dry the Dark Roast; far from

Dry the Dark Roast; far from "watered down coffee". The Cold Brew is also exceptional...it's like an iced Espresso smile

--
"Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks" ~ Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long, from Robert Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love"

and how do you

ddmau wrote:

Dry the Dark Roast

--
"In order to be old and wise, one first must have been young and stupid."

Re: My favorite confefe

I'm like flaco, I grind before brewing, I don't weigh before grind (probably should). I use filtered water from the fridge. I use a MrCoffee with a thermos carafe, that keeps the coffee warm for hours.
I get the coffee from a local coffee shop/bistro. I usually buy 3-4 half pound bags of different types. Sometimes like flaco I mix to get my own variation.

When I'm getting coffee at restaurants/fast food places I'm mostly reminded why I like to make my own coffee. McD I can do when I have to.Their coffee usually comes out really hot, so I need to wait 5 minutes before I can drink it, but it also stays warm longer.

Just my 2 cents

JCA

always

wondered what made something successful, and what did others do to not be successful. This is a highly successful MASS. co.

On the other hand, BJ's Warehouse is also a MASS. co., but not successful in the way that Costco became.

imho it has to do with the loyalty of the customers, but, how that is established, if I knew, I'd wouldn't be posting here, I'd be busy enjoying my earnings!

(look at Tim Hortons, I think it has gone downhill as it became corporate'azizzed)

You are correct about

You are correct about building brand loyalty. Advertising, Advertising, Advertising, and Customer service/satisfaction.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Loyalty

johnnatash4 wrote:

wondered what made something successful, and what did others do to not be successful. This is a highly successful MASS. co.

On the other hand, BJ's Warehouse is also a MASS. co., but not successful in the way that Costco became.

imho it has to do with the loyalty of the customers, but, how that is established, if I knew, I'd wouldn't be posting here, I'd be busy enjoying my earnings!

(look at Tim Hortons, I think it has gone downhill as it became corporate'azizzed)

A big part of loyalty is location and service.
if a store is not convenient to ge to, people stop going to them.
In NY there is one close to me, and mt wife goes there a few times a week. In Florida the closest one to me is near Tampa and the only time I go there is when I have to take somebody to the airport.
It;s just like they say in real estate "Location. location location"

--
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!

New stores.

Dunkin' has been putting up new stores quite regularly the last couple of years. The one they opened near me seems to be quite popular. They must be doing something right.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra