Garmin 2019.20 Map Update Won't Be Far Away

 

Well, sooner or later, somebody would have started this thread. In both 2016 & 2017 the new maps were released on May 18, so I'm guessing the new Garmin map release will be about three weeks away.

Page 1>>

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me.

--
Frank Nuvi 3597LMT 37.322760, -79.511267

Maybe, but remember they

Maybe, but remember they just issued an update 2019.11, or was it a fix? Who knows?

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

In

Might as well jump in this thread while waiting for the next map update. smile

..

We can wait longer this time

.

KenSny wrote:

Maybe, but remember they just issued an update 2019.11, or was it a fix? Who knows?

Whatever it was I didn't bother. I'll wait for the next regular update.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

ditto

soberbyker wrote:
KenSny wrote:

Maybe, but remember they just issued an update 2019.11, or was it a fix? Who knows?

Whatever it was I didn't bother. I'll wait for the next regular update.

I didn't either - still standing in the "wait for next update line".

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

Just updated yesterday

Just uodated, last time I updated was mid 2017.
Should have known I would update just before I need to update again.

--
Mary, Nuvi 2450, Garmin Viago, Honda Navigation, Nuvi 750 (gave to son)

I just updated 3

I just updated 3 units.
Nothing changed.
It still doesn't know where my house is.
after 20+ updates.

Already

Time flies when you are having fun, I guess by page 4

--
Nuvi2797LMT,Nuvi1490LMT, Nuvi260,Ford Sync3 Navigation. Captain Cook was a Yorkshire man too.

Update

Garmin usually updates their GE close to releasing map updates, so it may be soom

--
ChefDon

Already?

Seems like I just updated to the new maps not that long ago.

Looking forward to it!

Like I haven't anything else better to do. rolleyes

--
Garmin nuvi 3595LMT, 1450T, 2555LMT, 660, 770, too many really.

Whenever

Remember when the only time we got a map "update" is when our map was falling apart in the paper folds.

Then, the updates were about two or three years apart!

I doubt...

ChefDon16 wrote:

Garmin usually updates their GE close to releasing map updates, so it may be soom

I doubt we can trust that as an indicator.. That silly thing gets updates as often as Adobe Flash or Java..

--
Lives in Edmonton AB A volunteer driver for Drive Happiness.ca and uses a 2689 to find my way.

Release Dates for Map Upgrades and GE

Ralph6410 wrote:
ChefDon16 wrote:

Garmin usually updates their GE close to releasing map updates, so it may be soom

I doubt we can trust that as an indicator.. That silly thing gets updates as often as Adobe Flash or Java..

I agree, release dates for Map Updates is not a indicator how soon a update is available. It's just a coincidence that GE has updated the version.

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

And ...

Most GE updates are because of updates or issues with Garmin's fitness range, nothing to do with automotive devices, so a GE update is no indication of anything smile

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

Not gonna hold my breath ...

The next update will happ[en when it happens, and not one minute before.

Having channelled my father by saying that, I'm predicting somewhere around the middle of page 6. Then the thread, "Where can I find the Large JCV file?" begins.

--

it's the dog's fault

--
Garmin nuvi 2455 - nuvi 350, 260 (spares) - my other toys: Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, MacOS: Mojave 10.14 and introducing The Beast, a 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit and his Garmin DriveSmart 5. The dog's name is Ginger

Updates

Although I update whenever a new map comes out, it has been very rare that I ever notice anything new. I don't travel outside of SoCal much and there aren't many new roads here, at least in my travels. That's just my experience though...

My guess

is page 6 of this thread

--
Garmin Nuvi 765T, Garmin Drive 60LM

I hear you.

RayHff wrote:

Remember when the only time we got a map "update" is when our map was falling apart in the paper folds.

Then, the updates were about two or three years apart!

My family just recently last year threw away in the recycle bin some Esso state maps my Dad still somehow had.

Yes, "Esso", as in circa 1965. Needless to say, outdated.

--
Garmin nuvi 3595LMT, 1450T, 2555LMT, 660, 770, too many really.

Valuable Antiques

ToucanSam wrote:
RayHff wrote:

Remember when the only time we got a map "update" is when our map was falling apart in the paper folds.

Then, the updates were about two or three years apart!

My family just recently last year threw away in the recycle bin some Esso state maps my Dad still somehow had.

Yes, "Esso", as in circa 1965. Needless to say, outdated.

Hold on to those paper maps as they may become valuable as antiques.

..

Wonder how many pages this will go

Que Sera, Sera

Que Sera, Sera

--
I never get lost, but I do explore new territory every now and then.

Pretty much updated the last time...

....because I did an increase in my internet speed and I wanted to see how the speed had changed. (I went from about 3 hours down to one hour.) Didn't really notice anything changing as far as the update was concerned other than showing a parking lot at a shopping center near my house.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

I'll be counting the days!

I'll be counting the days!

--
an94

Too late..

mcginkleschmidt wrote:
ToucanSam wrote:
RayHff wrote:

Remember when the only time we got a map "update" is when our map was falling apart in the paper folds.

Then, the updates were about two or three years apart!

My family just recently last year threw away in the recycle bin some Esso state maps my Dad still somehow had.

Yes, "Esso", as in circa 1965. Needless to say, outdated.

Hold on to those paper maps as they may become valuable as antiques.

I used mine as tinder...

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!

Soon?

It's getting close to the summer travel season. An update prior is always welcome.

I wonder

if people were that concerned when all maps were paper maps?
NO !!!

We used them until they fell apart and then got a "new" one which then was probably 2 years old already!

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT Retired now, Nuvi 2797LMT, SmartDrive 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

I was thinking the same thing

I was thinking the same thing

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

5 to 8

Melaqueman wrote:

if people were that concerned when all maps were paper maps?
NO !!!

We used them until they fell apart and then got a "new" one which then was probably 2 years old already!

Ha, it was probably 5-8 years for me. And for The MilePost travel guide (you know what this is if you've ever needed one), I even didn't get a new copy each time I headed North.

Might as well...

... push for page 2. smile

.

Certainly hope so...

--
Michael (Nuvi 2639LMT)

It ought to get to page 5

before all is said & done.

--
Garmin nuvi 3595LMT, 1450T, 2555LMT, 660, 770, too many really.

Late May early June

Assuming 2019.11 is not a regular update

Well

Well, it's back to Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

Waiting

Waiting as always, for the next page and the update.

paper maps v. GPS

CraigW wrote:
Melaqueman wrote:

if people were that concerned when all maps were paper maps?
NO !!!

We used them until they fell apart and then got a "new" one which then was probably 2 years old already!

Ha, it was probably 5-8 years for me. And for The MilePost travel guide (you know what this is if you've ever needed one), I even didn't get a new copy each time I headed North.

I used about 10 years old paper maps and they were better than GPS for one thing: long trips area overview. You can much easier find route over highways and state or interstate roads. Big picture is much better to plan than small screen, even on computer. But if you get to small, local roads, outdated paper maps can be really terrible nuance. Especially if there were extensive constructions in said area. GPS - even with maps usually 2 years behind, like Garmin - will let you get out of many areas that may not show on actual map. And if you are looking to get through area during night, paper maps may not help at all.

Maps

Just stopped over to see when the next update was due. Downloading for a trip starting on Tuesday. Only takes a little over an hour now. I can remember when it took between 6 and 8. As for the paper maps, I still keep a few in my car. One of Cleveland and another of the north eastern United States which pretty much covers everywhere I go. I wonder how much AAA has saved on paper maps since the advent of GPS.

let us see

let us see

I'm Ready for it

Send the new update soon.

Summer Travel

Summer is coming up and my wife has a multi-week camping trip planned. This is where my old 760 will shine. smile

--
GPSMAP 76CSx - nüvi 760 - nüvi 200 - GPSMAP 78S

Not yet

Back from my road trip and still no update.

--
Nuvi2797LMT,Nuvi1490LMT, Nuvi260,Ford Sync3 Navigation. Captain Cook was a Yorkshire man too.

It will

almost be like Christmas in May. Thanks Garmin.

Soon, very soon!

Soon, very soon!

Bump

for the wait. smile

Papers maps...

jwboyes wrote:

Just stopped over to see when the next update was due. Downloading for a trip starting on Tuesday. Only takes a little over an hour now. I can remember when it took between 6 and 8. As for the paper maps, I still keep a few in my car. One of Cleveland and another of the north eastern United States which pretty much covers everywhere I go. I wonder how much AAA has saved on paper maps since the advent of GPS.

...are still free at AAA if you have a membership. Every-time I take a long trip I will go to AAA and get a map for each state that I am going to be traveling through. When I drove to Seattle a couple of years ago, I had a map for every state from here to Washington. It really helps when you are planning a long distance trip.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Paper Maps Too

maddog67 wrote:
jwboyes wrote:

Just stopped over to see when the next update was due. Downloading for a trip starting on Tuesday. Only takes a little over an hour now. I can remember when it took between 6 and 8. As for the paper maps, I still keep a few in my car. One of Cleveland and another of the north eastern United States which pretty much covers everywhere I go. I wonder how much AAA has saved on paper maps since the advent of GPS.

...are still free at AAA if you have a membership. Every-time I take a long trip I will go to AAA and get a map for each state that I am going to be traveling through. When I drove to Seattle a couple of years ago, I had a map for every state from here to Washington. It really helps when you are planning a long distance trip.

I agree 100%! The GPS is good for the next exit or so on a long trip. If I have a need for an alternate route, I want a paper map to study.

Still not here

The much awaited release is still not here. I tend to use the AAA TripTik for planning. Doesn't work too well when traffic is backed up though.

Don't hold your breath!

CN Europe is still at 2018.30. I think it is unlikely that Garmin will release CN NA 2019.20 before it releases CN Europe 2019.10.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

I've finally upgraded from

I've finally upgraded from .10 to .11 on 660 and one of 2 2689LMT's....
How much you bet that the day I upgrade wife's 2689LMT and do POI's too, that the following day .20 is released?

--
A 2689LMT in both our cars that we love... and a Nuvi 660 with Lifetime Maps that we have had literally forever.... And a 2011 Ford Escape with Nav System that is totally ignored!
Page 1>>