Nuvi 3590LMT can't install new maps

 

redface
My Nuvi 3590LMT refuse to show the map functions in Garmin Express, the maps are dated 2014 but Garmin Express think I am up to date.
I can see my Nuvi in Garmin express, I recently updated the GPS software (V8.30)
Garmin support asked me to remove and re-add my unit...... no go.Garmin express still believe the maps are up to date as it doesn't go into the update function

Any idea????

Well ...

I'd call Garmin again and ask them if it is indeed possible to update your maps. You may be out of luck. For detail see

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/legal/lmdisclaimer

with the relevant bit saying:

A product will be deemed to be out of service and its useful life to be ended if no updates have been downloaded for such product for a period of 24 months

--
Where there's a will ... there's a way ... DriveSmart50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, 1490LMT, 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20

That's why I update everytime

I have a 765t I don't really use anymore but still update. In most cases updates are not much of an update but over the course of say a year maybe they catch up with new roads. It also keeps the unit from being purged from Garmin from future updates.

Exactly

Frside007 wrote:

I have a 765t I don't really use anymore but still update. In most cases updates are not much of an update but over the course of say a year maybe they catch up with new roads. It also keeps the unit from being purged from Garmin from future updates.

On my recent last 3,00 mile drive I started out using my old 855. It was soon evident it is/was sick in that some of the destructions it came up with, with a completely pre-programmed route were totally out of whack with real life driving.

I carry 2 stand alone Garmins because of such a possible problem. Additionally I have a Garmin based built in, in my car. Though the built in, even though a Garmin based GPS sucks. It would be my emergency if all else fails back-up unit.

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, 3790LMT passed on to my daughter. Using Windows 10. DashCam with GPS.

I will call support and hear

I will call support and hear what they have to say.
There sure is a way to get my maps up to date on this unit.

Call, don't email

Lepapehermann wrote:

I will call support and hear what they have to say.
There sure is a way to get my maps up to date on this unit.

If your problem does turn out to be the 2 year "out of service / end of life" clause, there is a chance Garmin will reinstate your device as an active unit. It is unlikely you will get this result via email support, but if you call and are polite but firm, Garmin has been known to help out on even old out of warranty devices. Ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary.

One rationalization you can use is that Garmin added the "two years with no updates equates to out of service" language to their user agreement a few years ago. I don't remember if the 35x0 devices preceded this language or not, but I think it is a good argument to say that you were not made aware of this requirement when you purchased the device.

Garmin has a pretty good reputation for accommodating customers who approach them with reasonable requests in phone support. It is certainly worth a try.

--
Alan - Android Auto, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

@Lepapehermann

alandb wrote:
Lepapehermann wrote:

I will call support and hear what they have to say.
There sure is a way to get my maps up to date on this unit.

If your problem does turn out to be the 2 year "out of service / end of life" clause, there is a chance Garmin will reinstate your device as an active unit. It is unlikely you will get this result via email support, but if you call and are polite but firm, Garmin has been known to help out on even old out of warranty devices. Ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary.

One rationalization you can use is that Garmin added the "two years with no updates equates to out of service" language to their user agreement a few years ago. I don't remember if the 35x0 devices preceded this language or not, but I think it is a good argument to say that you were not made aware of this requirement when you purchased the device.

Garmin has a pretty good reputation for accommodating customers who approach them with reasonable requests in phone support. It is certainly worth a try.

It will be interesting to hear the reply you receive from Garmin after your email to them. Was it a fact that you didn't update the unit for map updates after the 2 year time limit?

Did you ever check to see if use GarminMapUpdater (V 3.3.4) to see if get the same message that the maps are up to date?

--
Nuvi 2460LMT 2 Units

map updater

I just checked MapUpdater v. 3.3.4 (under Windows Vista) on my Nuvi 770 and it shows update to 2018.3 NA and 2018.1 EU. It looks like it should detect latest updates.

But my Nuvi is updated regularly, so I can't help with "over 24 month" problem.

Updates

I have an 880 that I added European maps to and also a 785
that has Europe maps.

I have not updated them for a while and this reminded me I should update them so they aren't kicked out of the database of active unbits, if there is such a thing.

I would call Garmin

I have done that in the past and they have always helped me out with my requests. Just be nice and ask them in a pleasant way. You may be surprised at how helpful they will be.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Can't Install New Maps

maddog67 wrote:

I have done that in the past and they have always helped me out with my requests. Just be nice and ask them in a pleasant way. You may be surprised at how helpful they will be.

Ditto

--
romanviking