Where did the logIn box go?

 

Started to log in today and noticed the format had changed. Anyone know why? Just curious.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Chit Chat Thread

What happened?
Was disoriented when I logged in.
Is this the new start page?

Miss the old usual start.

--
Cedro

Upgrades

I moved the login function over to a new server today. It's reachable from the "Log In" link at the top of each page.

It's part of laying the groundwork for additional platform updates that will run on the newer server.

Jonathan

I noticed all that, too.

It caused LastPass in my Web browser confusion to no end until I keyed in 'poi-factory.net' and 'poi-factory.com' as being equivalent domains.

Everybody happy!

--
Garmin nuvi 2597MT, 660, too many really.

It's on the top right

It's on the top right corner. There's also a Login link on every post you see. They seem to take us to the new domain (poi-factory.net). I notice we're now logging in securely (https)... 10+ years late but better late than never.

.

I don't like it. And, I'm still on the .com site. No HTTPS except for the login page.

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

login

I personally don't care what kind of popup I get for login as long as it works. smile I will be anxious to ses what other changes/improvements will be in the new platform as JM migrates to the new servers/versions.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

dont like it

it wouldn't let me log in said my log in was wrong its the same one I was using for years, so I had to re register to get in oh well

A Question

Why does the login take you to the My Account page, instead of Unread Posts?

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

always worked that way.

For me, it has always worked that way, taking you to the account page. I don't think that has changed with the new logon pupup. I suspect it is the default way the Drupal software works.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

Login

@geo334 I sent a note to you via email so we can get you going again with your old account.

If anyone else is having trouble getting logged in, here are a couple things to try:

Use "request new password" to have a temporary login sent to your email:
http://www.poi-factory.com/user/password

Or send me a note via the contact form to troubleshoot further:
http://www.poi-factory.com/contact

Jonathan

thank you

thanks Jonathan for the help with my sign in .

Resistance Is Futile

But any improvements Jon makes is fine with me.

Thanks Jon, for the continuing upgrades.

--
Metricman Nuvi 660, GTM-20 Traffic Receiver Nuvi 3597 GTM-60 Traffic Receiver Williamsburg, VA

Log IN

I had the same problem, but I found it
My browser keeps my password and opened up just fine

--
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!

Pictures?

Any chance we will be able to post pictures under the new format?

.

geo334 wrote:

it wouldn't let me log in said my log in was wrong its the same one I was using for years, so I had to re register to get in oh well

Yes, this happened to me yesterday too on one of my computers. It logged me out on its own and wouldn't let me log back in.

But this morning, it let me log in.

The .net (vs .com) for the login page was a bit disconcerting. I was worried that the site had been compromised.

Yup, had some problems

this morning when I came to the site.
After logging in with the new format, I was finally able to get to the normal list of current topics.
No problems now.
Fred

I stay logged in, never

I stay logged in, never technically log out, just close the window. I'm still on the .com site. Yesterday I tried to open the .net page but got a page doesn't exist message

"This www.poi-factory.net page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: https://www.poi-factory.net/"

Is that the correct address for the new site?

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

As long as i get in!

As long as I get in I am ok with changes!

@soberbyker

soberbyker wrote:

I stay logged in, never technically log out, just close the window. I'm still on the .com site. Yesterday I tried to open the .net page but got a page doesn't exist message

"This www.poi-factory.net page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: https://www.poi-factory.net/"

Is that the correct address for the new site?

POI Factory hasn't moved. It's still at www.poi-factory.com.

During the login process, there is a page that is served from poi-factory.net. After entering your login information, your web browser automatically returns to poi-factory.com.

change

noticed the change. it still going well.
Thanks.

@bdhsfz6

bdhsfz6 wrote:

Any chance we will be able to post pictures under the new format?

Yup, that's part of what I'm working toward with the updates.

My current priority is to work on pieces of existing functionality that can be updated in smaller chunks. Then I'll update remaining core functions that need to be upgraded together as a set. And finally, I'll work on implementing additional features that are available on the new platform (e.g., pictures).

Where practical, I'm following a gradual migration path rather than an "all at once" conversion for the upgrade process.

Dang

That change appears to have broken POIsync's login function. I dont know java (what it is written in) so I guess I have to find another way to perform batch downloads of my POI files.

Any chance "shumans" is still around? It was his program.

--
(formerly known as condump) RV 770 LMT-S, Nuvi2797LMT, Nuvi765T

Schumans

Gastx wrote:

That change appears to have broken POIsync's login function. I dont know java (what it is written in) so I guess I have to find another way to perform batch downloads of my POI files.

Any chance "shumans" is still around? It was his program.

It appears that schumans hasn't posted in a very long time, but you could try the contact tab: http://www.poi-factory.com/user/150217

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

NEW FORMAT

How do I get my Desktop back. This sucks.

--
3790LMT; 2595LMT; 3590LMT, 60LMTHD

No change for me

Short of this thread.. I never noticed a change. I drug the favicon to my desktop and use that when I want to see the site..
The option to add pictures will be nice. (and hopefully an option to delete a bad or duplicate post).

--
Lives in Edmonton AB A volunteer driver for Drive Happiness.ca and uses a 2689 to find my way.

Gotcha ... while I have you ....

JM wrote:

POI Factory hasn't moved. It's still at www.poi-factory.com.

During the login process, there is a page that is served from poi-factory.net. After entering your login information, your web browser automatically returns to poi-factory.com.

It appears you're following and answering so ....

I see allowing pictures is on the list, that's great, how about when clicking on a link it opens a new window or page instead of taking you completely off site, trading the poi page for the link. I can't tell you how many times I click a link and when done just close the page like I do countless other places only to remember to get back here I would have had to backup, closing out means I have to open the factory all over again.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

yes ...

Ralph6410 wrote:

~snip~

(and hopefully an option to delete a bad or duplicate post).

This too.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

oh good...

JM wrote:
bdhsfz6 wrote:

Any chance we will be able to post pictures under the new format?

Yup, that's part of what I'm working toward with the updates.

My current priority is to work on pieces of existing functionality that can be updated in smaller chunks. Then I'll update remaining core functions that need to be upgraded together as a set. And finally, I'll work on implementing additional features that are available on the new platform (e.g., pictures).

Where practical, I'm following a gradual migration path rather than an "all at once" conversion for the upgrade process.

Oh good... now we might get blasted with ad's and other such spam from folks that want to post ad's

--
Never argue with a pig. It makes you look foolish and it anoys the hell out of the pig!

That does it

You are off my Christmas list

Spammers and bots

BarneyBadass wrote:

Oh good... now we might get blasted with ad's and other such spam from folks that want to post ad's

Spammers and bots are a nuisance.

We've been blocking them every day for many years with a combination of automated tools and manual processes.

It's an unfortunate drain on resources but part of what we've had to do to keep the space clean.

links and deleting dup posts

soberbyker wrote:

I see allowing pictures is on the list, that's great, how about when clicking on a link it opens a new window or page instead of taking you completely off site, trading the poi page for the link. I can't tell you how many times I click a link and when done just close the page like I do countless other places only to remember to get back here I would have had to backup, closing out means I have to open the factory all over again.

Ralph6410 wrote:

~snip~
(and hopefully an option to delete a bad or duplicate post).

Yup, those are on the list too...

Thanks Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan for your continuing efforts to improve POI Factory. I am sure there will be a few bumps along the way, but I look forward to the new platform and the added features. Keep us posted on your progress.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

dot net / dot com

I logged in on the .net site, but after connecting, I'm on the .com site.

Took me a minute before I realized there was a new login, thought I was losing it. grin

Got me turned aound too

All fixed now.

This morning was the first

This morning was the first time the new log-in box popped up for me, no troubles.

--
. 2 Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT-S, Nuvi 2689, 2 Nuvi 2460, Zumo 550, Zumo 450, Uniden R3 radar detector with GPS built in, includes RLC info. Uconnect 430N Garmin based, built into my Jeep. .

new format

I was surprised when I couldn't find the login box. Just something to get used to. Hopefully, the new updates will not change the accessibility of the site. It has always been easy to navigate.

The Factory is modernizing!

No problem logging in today...good work as usual Jon! wink

--
Freedom isn't free...thank you veterans! Heard about the tests to detect PANCREATIC CANCER? There aren't any! In Memoriam: #77 NYPD-SCA/Seattle Mike/Joe S./Vinny D./RTC...and God bless Donald Trump!

I must say.....

I miss the old log-in format.

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

POISYNC

Did anyone get the problem with POISYNC resolved? Cannot login since security updated.

Yes, I think

mblanc01 wrote:

Did anyone get the problem with POISYNC resolved? Cannot login since security updated.

Check the last few posts here:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/26847?page=5

schuman's post has a link.

Thanks

worked perfectly.

Pictures !!

It's about time we put our big boy pants on.

I have .com saved so automatically go there. When I tried .net all I get is a blank page. Like someone here said, "iron out a few bumps". We have to have defending programs for most other sites so I don't think it's a big deal.
Thanks, JM.

--
Nuvi 2595 LMT When you come to a fork in the road- take it. (Leo)

No Problem for Me

I haven't had any difficulty logging in.