Basecamp Updates

 

Update 4.3.2

New update for Basecamp for PC and MAC both

http://www8.garmin.com/support/mappingsw.jsp

Change History
Changes made from version 4.3.1 to 4.3.2:

Fixes for several startup issues
Fixed error after ejecting a device
Fixed the Device Transfer Options page not being enabled

--
(formerly known as condump) RV 770 LMT-S, Nuvi2797LMT, Nuvi765T

Thanks

Thanks for the information.

Went smoothly with no drama

After loosing basecamp during the last map update I was a little apprehensive remembering all I went thought to get it back.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Thanks

Trying to get used to BaseCamp though I also still use MapSource.

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, DriveSmart 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

Successful install!

For me, this has been a first! Basecamp actually installed over an older version. Up until now I've always had to uninstall the prior version first.

I have to agree with Melaqueman in that I too still am trying to get used to Basecamp, but usually find myself reverting to Mapsource.

In my opinion, Basecamp would be a far better program if it worked like every other windows program that I'm familiar with and kept each file separate instead of integrating everything into a single database.

Basecamp has some nice features, but I do not like the database thing.

Basecamp

I installed Basecamp on my new computer and I can't read the screen because the resolution is so small. I don't want to change the computer screen resolution just basecamp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--
BMW Nav V Montana 650 Zumo 660 Garmin 78S Garmin 76CSX

Font Size

mr_guns wrote:

I installed Basecamp on my new computer and I can't read the screen because the resolution is so small. I don't want to change the computer screen resolution just basecamp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On the BaseCamp Menu, go to Edit-->Options-->Display

There, you can change Symbol size and under Map Font, you can change the map font and font size. Right now, my font is defaulted to MS Sans Sarif size 8.

--
Tampa, FL - Garmin nüvi 660 (Software Ver 4.90), 2021.20 CN NA NT maps | Magellan Meridian Gold

Default settings

Gary A wrote:

There, you can change Symbol size and under Map Font, you can change the map font and font size. Right now, my font is defaulted to MS Sans Sarif size 8.

That is my setting also. As you stated that is the default setting as I have not changed anything.

--
nuvi 1390 LT, nuvi 1450 LMT, Win 10

Update 4.3.3 PC Released

BC now updated to 4.3.3 for the PC

Changes made from version 4.3.2 to 4.3.3:

Fixed issue when importing a file and errors or warnings are encountered in the file
Fixed issue with adding or editing an activity profile
Fixed issue with changing the cover photo of an Adventure
Fixed issue when joining tracks

--
(formerly known as condump) RV 770 LMT-S, Nuvi2797LMT, Nuvi765T

Quick

Boy, that was quick. I'll wait another week to install next weeks update to BC

--
ChefDon

Thanks

Gastx wrote:

BC now updated to 4.3.3 for the PC

Changes made from version 4.3.2 to 4.3.3:

Fixed issue when importing a file and errors or warnings are encountered in the file
Fixed issue with adding or editing an activity profile
Fixed issue with changing the cover photo of an Adventure
Fixed issue when joining tracks

Thank you, After all of the map update and basecamp not working problem, I had forgotten to install it again. Now I;m up to date.

Basecamp in General

I'm new to Basecamp and I never used Mapsource until yesterday.
I decided to try to plan a 21 day motorcycle trip using Basecamp and waypoints mostly so I don't run out of gas.
Currently Basecamp 4.3.1 on a Windoze 7 PC.

I'm not sure if it's me or Basecamp 4.3. I selected waypoints, had the program route the trip and the trip ends-up on secondary roads, not always the interstate (they're not avoided) and when I "alt" drag the route, it used to do OK, now it just has both the secondary road(s) and interstate in a loop.

I d/l'ed Mapsource and had much better success with it, but I feel the BC GUI interface and tools were better.

I did a search on BC and problems, but no definite answer.
So is this a problem with BC, am I just making mistakes or both?

Also, I uploaded the .gpx built with Mapsource to my Nuvi and the waypoints show-up and the GPS routed using the interstates fine.

Thanks for the Help,

--
Nuvi 2598LMTHD

Maybe just me

Maybe it's just me but I've found little use for Base Camp --- something I'm missing?

--
Garmin Drive Smart 61 NA LMT-S

Trip planning

BaseCamp is useful for trip planning. It is easier to see the entire destination area with all your routes, favorites, and POIs on the larger PC screen.

dobs108 smile

Not the problem

Gary A wrote:
mr_guns wrote:

I installed Basecamp on my new computer and I can't read the screen because the resolution is so small. I don't want to change the computer screen resolution just basecamp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On the BaseCamp Menu, go to Edit-->Options-->Display

There, you can change Symbol size and under Map Font, you can change the map font and font size. Right now, my font is defaulted to MS Sans Sarif size 8.

Nope that's not it. I guess I'll have to change my display setting when I use Basecamp, I was trying to find an easier way.

If anyone has any other ideas please post.

--
BMW Nav V Montana 650 Zumo 660 Garmin 78S Garmin 76CSX

Spot on Garmin Gal ...

I have no idea who Base Camp is supposed to benefit (and I go back to the days of DOS 3.3, w/Nuvi+handheld equipment). Trip planning? G.E., Mapquest, Trip Advisor.

I continue to be of the opinion that it is GPS Track Editor http://www.gpstrackeditor.com/ G.E., POI Loader & any file editor that should be on every user's machine for Garmin equipment management.

+2

Garmin Gal wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I've found little use for Base Camp --- something I'm missing?

I still prefer MapSource.

--
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

I am going to give this a

I am going to give this a shot

Thanks...

Very useful info.

--
RKF (Bethesda, MD) Garmin Nuvi 660, 360 & Street Pilot

Staying with Mapsource, adding GPS track editor

350Zee wrote:

I have no idea who Base Camp is supposed to benefit

Thanks for the recommendation on GPS Track Editor. I've just installed it and will use in addition to Mapsource. As for Basecamp, I'm glad some here like it. To each his own.

GPS Track Editor

Thanks for the info.....I never could get used to Base Camp so I will give this a try with mapsource like sailornorm.
smile

--
ChefDon

Another

Another really nice tool for route creation etc. is Tyre ( http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/ ). I think it was orginally written for TomTom users but now has great Garmin support. It's free, although a pay version is available, and makes creating routes and transferring them to the Nuvi pretty easy.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Two others.

Two other programs that will transfer routes to Garmin are Microsoft Streets and Trips and Delorme Street Atlas USA.

--
Alan - Android Auto, DriveLuxe 51LMT-S, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra, Bosch Nyon

,

Don B wrote:
Garmin Gal wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I've found little use for Base Camp --- something I'm missing?

I still prefer MapSource.

Same here

Basecamp for Beginners

--
DGN MTF, IBA, MOA, BMW 1200GSA My picture...I was doing a charity ride in Georgia, got my picture with my bike and mural required...then a nice lady ask if she could take my picture...I agreed...when I downloaded this is what I got... just call me M

Basecamp is a little tougher to get to learn

Don B wrote:
Garmin Gal wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I've found little use for Base Camp --- something I'm missing?

I still prefer MapSource.

Basecamp is a little tougher to get to learn and I still have problems doing certain things that were quite easy and intuitive in Mapsource.

--
GM Built-in Navigation system - Samsung S6 Edge+ Smartphone with Garmin Viago, Google Maps & HERE Apps

Same Issue

mr_guns wrote:
Gary A wrote:
mr_guns wrote:

I installed Basecamp on my new computer and I can't read the screen because the resolution is so small. I don't want to change the computer screen resolution just basecamp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On the BaseCamp Menu, go to Edit-->Options-->Display

There, you can change Symbol size and under Map Font, you can change the map font and font size. Right now, my font is defaulted to MS Sans Sarif size 8.

Nope that's not it. I guess I'll have to change my display setting when I use Basecamp, I was trying to find an easier way.

If anyone has any other ideas please post.

I also have trouble reading Basecamp with my preferred screen resolution. If I'm working on a lengthy project, I usually go through the headache of changing the display resolution setting. Unfortunately, that requires a reboot on my W7/64 machine.

Another option I use is Windows Magnifier which will enlarge all or a portion of the screen depending on your computer and monitor setup. Magnifier can be pinned to the task bar and easily turned on or off. The image it produces isn't as clear as changing the screen resolution but it is usually acceptable for small tasks in Basecamp.

That is

bdhsfz6 wrote:

I also have trouble reading Basecamp with my preferred screen resolution. If I'm working on a lengthy project, I usually go through the headache of changing the display resolution setting. Unfortunately, that requires a reboot on my W7/64 machine.

That is strange. You should be able to right click on a blank space on the desktop and pick "screen resolution" from the dropdown menu. Alter the resolution to what you want, from the options provided, and then click "apply". The resolution should change and you should get a dialog box which will allow you to keep the new resolution or revert back to the old one. Selecting "keep changes" will set the resolution to the new setting with no reboot required.

--
Nuvi 350, 760, 1695LM, 3790LMT, 2460LMT, 3597LMTHD, DriveLuxe 50LMTHD, DriveSmart 61, Garmin Backup Camera 40 and TomTom XXL540s.

Same here

[quote=rjrsw
Basecamp is a little tougher to get to learn and I still have problems doing certain things that were quite easy and intuitive in Mapsource.

In Mapsource I could move waypoints in and out of a route to suit me and get it to recaculate the new route. When BC sets up a route, no matter how erroneous it is, I can not change it to my preference.

--
Nuvi 350 long gone, Nuvi 855LMT, Nuvi 2797LMT, DriveSmart 50 LMT-HD, 3790LMT now my daughters. Using Windows 10. DashCam A108C with GPS.

Base Camps...

Thanks...

Nuvi1300WTGPS

--
I'm not really lost.... just temporarily misplaced!

Thanks

for the update

No joke

ChefDon16 wrote:

Boy, that was quick. I'll wait another week to install next weeks update to BC

That is great advice for any Garmin update it seems

Bigger screen resolution

I finally figured out how to get the screen bigger. Click on the upper right hand corner. There is some kind of symbol there.

Now I have another problem. Basecamp won't load. I've uninstalled it and reloaded it twice. I also went in and deleted files that didn't get deleted from the installer. Reinstalled, still now luck. Getting late guess I'll try again tomorrow. Any suggestions would be great.
Windows 8.1
Thanks.

--
BMW Nav V Montana 650 Zumo 660 Garmin 78S Garmin 76CSX

Just found it on the internet

Uninstall the program then go to the windows RUN option and put in
%appdata%\..\local\garmin_corp
That brought up another file that wasn't getting deleted, so I deleted that and reinstalled the program and it works!!!!!!!

--
BMW Nav V Montana 650 Zumo 660 Garmin 78S Garmin 76CSX