I just saw the first 2 the next round of 50 that NYS has approved in Nassau County.
I submitted them for review.
Does anyone know where to get the complete official list from the county?
FYI, I understand Suffolk county was also approved for more cameras.
There is no longer any list. In another thread it was reported the old list on the county web site was taken down because someone used the list to locate red light cameras and damage them. As if that will prevent people from finding out where they are.
It should be noted that quite a few of the new batch of 50 have already been reported. Glen Cove has three and there is another one in Massapequa (those are just off the top of my head).
One would hope a newspaper and/or website would publish the list, even if it takes a FOIL request.
If a driver does not drive through a red light or make a rolling right turn on a red light, there is no need for a list identifying the locations of red light cameras. Treat all lighted intersections like there is a camera nearby.
Well said, but I for one will not visit Nassau County. Some of these cameras
go off as you enter when still on yellow. Kaching!!!!!
They need the new revenue to pay off the 100K a year retirement salaries for the large amount of people ready to retire.
I would like a list in part so I know where to expect people stopping short for yellow lights.
I actually do not think that it is always true, but I was taught that a person hitting another from behind is the one at fault.
I was taught to keep enough distance from the car ahead of me such that I could come to a stop without hitting the car even if that car did a panic stop. Consequently I also watch the car in back of me increasing my distance from the car in front of me to try to maintain enough distance for both cars.
Stay out of Naasau County in NY. RLC are going to be on every corner !!!
I haven't checked them out myself so I didn't submit them to the rlc file. As of now they are for reference only.
1. VALLEY STREAM Sunrise Hwy @ Green Acres Rd 369/
2. WOODBURY Jericho Tpke @ Woodbury Rd 285/>
3. INWOOD/LAWRENCE Nassau Expressway @ Bay Blvd 276/
4. EAST MEADOW Hempstead Tpke @ Carman Ave 270/
5. OLD WESTBURY Guinea Woods Rd @ Hillside Ave 234/
6. LONG BEACH E Park Ave @ Long Beach Blvd 231/>
7. OLD WESTBURY Guinea Woods Rd @ North Service Road 215/
8. OLD BROOKVILLE Route 107 @ Route 25A 214/
9. BALDWIN Grand Ave @ Sunrise Hwy 200/
10. FARMINGDALE Hempstead Tpke/Conklin/Fulton St @ Merritts Rd
11. ROCKVILLE CENTRE Merrick Rd @ North Park Ave 187>
12. BETHPAGE Hempstead Tpke @ Hicksville Rd 177/>
13. NORTH HILLS Shelter Rock Rd @ South Service Rd 174/>
14. LEVITTOWN Hempstead Tpke @ Center Ln 174/
15. FARMINGDALE Fulton St @ Main St 170/>
16. BELLMORE Sunrise Hwy @ Newbridge Rd 169/
17. ELMONT Elmont Rd Dutch @ Broadway 168/
18. OLD BROOKVILLE Route 107 @ Wheatley Rd 166/
19. GARDEN CITY Clinton Rd @ Stewart Ave 164/
20. FLOWER HILL Middle Neck Rd @ Port Washington Blvd 164/>
21. MERRICK Sunrise Hwy @ Merrick Ave 161/
22. GARDEN CITY Stewart Ave @ Washington Ave 160/
23. NORTH HILLS Searingtown Rd @ North Service Road 160/>
24. ELMONT Elmont Rd Linden @ Blvd 159/>
25. GARDEN CITY Franklin Ave @ Stewart Ave 157/>
26. MASSAPEQUA Sunrise Hwy @ Broadway 156/>
27. WANTAGH Jerusalem Ave @ Wantagh Ave 153/>
28. MASSAPEQUA Sunrise Hwy @ Hicksville Rd 153/>
29. EAST GARDEN CITY Stewart @ Ave Merchants Concourse 152/>
30. OLD WESTBURY Guinea Woods @ Rd North Service Rd 151/>
31. FREEPORT Merrick Rd Henry @ St 151/>
32. NORTH HILLS Searingtown Rd
If that is the street that comes out of the mall, the county can pay off their debt in one month.
Evry time I pass that way, you miss that light because of cars that get caught in the intersection blocking the whole road.
They see the light change, but just keep on coming.
My understanding from someone related to the Long Beach Police Department is that (unless it recently changed) Long Beach will not be getting a RLC because LB is an incorporated city and not part of the Town of Hempstead. The Nassau County mandate as written does not cover this circumstance. In addition, the City of Long Beach would be entitled to income generated and the RLC would therefore not be financially worth it for Nassau County. (Its all about safety, no?)
If someone knows otherwise, let me know!
Ideally you are correct, but I don't want to spill my coffee, drop my nail file, miss with my lipstick, have to put down my cell phone or lose my place in the newspaper by having to stop short to avoid hitting the yellow-stopper in front of me. That would require too much attention to the road.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020