Garmin has screwed up again(no surprise). In Firefox and IE an update to Garmin Communicator Plugin 4.0.3 is required but the new version doesn't work!
Use Google Maps to try to download a found location to your Garmin GPS and in Firefox the update just loops and in IE it installs but then results in a 404 error. If you break out of the install/restart Firefox loop and try to run it then you get the 404 error as in IE.
I never really had a prob with it. Only thing I would change would be the minumizing of the window before loading unit feature.
Use the latest plug-in on my PC 32 bit running Firefox , latest version.
No apparent problems communicating with any of my GPSs !
Running System 7
same problem for me....404 error
Same for me using Chrome and Google Maps. Using Chrome and Mapquest I get an error that the device isn't found and please attach the GPS an try again.
No problem here
Ditto. With IE9 (32-bit) on a 64-bit Windows 7 HP PC, the new Communicator installs and works fine with myDashboard finding my connected nuvi 750 and displaying its results as it's done in the past with previous Communicators and my other nuvis.
Just out of curiosity, I fired up IE9 (64-bit). It also installed Communicator and found my nuvi in myDashboard and displayed the nuvi's stats with no problems at all.
I haven't tried sending info from Google Maps to the nuvi but for me, at least the new Communicator works fine with myGarmin and myDashboard.
I get the same 404 error if I try to send a location from Google Maps to my 3790LMT using the new 4.0.3 Communicator plug-in and windows 7 32 bit and IE 9.
It worked fine on the prior plug-in edition.
The plug-in works fine for all the other things on the Garmin site.
I am pretty sure this is a Google map problem, as the Communicator plugin works fine on Mapquest and as others have mentioned, on myGarmin.com.
Google is not recognizing the Communicator version and is trying to take you to the Garmin site to install it. It is referencing an invalid link on the Garmin site. This is something Google will need to fix.
That was my first thought as well but as I posted above I have a similar problem with Mapquest. It's not the 404 error but an error message that says there is no GPS attached to the PC. Either way, when using the newest version of the Communicator plugin I can't transfer a location to my 3790.
The plugin works fine with myDashboard, it seems to be only an issue with waypoint transfers.
Waypoint transfer worked fine with prior versions of the plugin and since the only known change has been to the Communicator, it would appear to be a Garmin issue if Google or Mapquest hasn't changed anything on their end.
That was my first thought as well but as I posted above I have a similar problem with Mapquest. It's not the 404 error but an error message that says there is no GPS attached to the PC.
My setup using the new 4.0.3 Communicator plug-in and windows 7 32 bit and IE 9 works fine with sending from Mapquest to my 3790LMT but will not work and get the 404 with Google maps. I had to give permission the first time when I sent from Mapquest to run the communicator plug-in but when I gave it there was no problem finding the Garmin and sending the location to it.
This happened another time before a while back and Google did something that corrected the problem without Garmin changing their plug-in.
I agree with one of the postings above that it is a Google problem and not Garmins.
As I mentioned in my post, it works fine for Mapquest on my system ... Vista 64 bit and IE9
Nope, it doesn't work with on my Windows 7 64Bit machine but I'm directed to MapquestM.ca because I'm located in Canada, so that may make a difference. I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome as my browser.
Mapquest can't find the plugin using IE9 but using Firefox 12 I can send waypoints to the Nuvi just fine and it lets me use MapquestM.com.
Color me confused :
It used to work for me, but not now.
When Google Maps tries to bring up the Garmin website to send the location to my 40, I get a 404 page not found error from Garmin.
But why is Google accessing the Garmin site in the first place? The data should transfer directly from Google to your nuvi. I still think this is a problem that Google will have to fix.
Here is partially what Google says in it's 'how to' section. http://gps.about.com/od/gpsmapscharts/ht/google_garmin.htm
A dialog box will appear with the options to send to "e-mail," "car," or "GPS." Choose Garmin GPS. This selection will automatically open a new browser window and start a special "locate" page on the Garmin Web site. This page will show a map thumbnail and your destination address.
It appears Garmin no longer works with this.
has apparently fixed this problem in Google Maps. The send function now seems to be working with the Garmin Communicator plugin 4.0.3.
Works on mine! Finally! THANKS!
thus it had to be changed Unfortunately, the TT1605 has no way to even attempt direct downloads (far as I can see) which is really the greatest failing of the new unit...well that an no way to erase uneeded files...nothing os perfect but TT is much closer than Garmin these days.
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006 - 2015