new & interesting places for your GPS

Mounts

 

I just purchased and Installed a Proclip mount for my GPS in a new car. Being the thrity (CHEAP) guy that I am I explored all the possibilies before electing to go for the EXPENSIVE Proclip mount.

I have to say. PROCILP FITS THE CAR PEFECT and is worth the money. Less than 1 minute installtion. Solid mount.

well,

wayne1939 wrote:

I just purchased and Installed a Proclip mount for my GPS in a new car. Being the thrity (CHEAP) guy that I am I explored all the possibilies before electing to go for the EXPENSIVE Proclip mount.

I have to say. PROCILP FITS THE CAR PEFECT and is worth the money. Less than 1 minute installtion. Solid mount.

For between $70 and $110 (US) for my vehicle, I would have to say it should fit very well.

--
Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought. - A. Lincoln

ProClips

ProClips does work very well and are custom for each vehicle. You do get what you pay for.

Proclip

Can someone post a picture?

--
Alan-Garmin c340

Pics & info

--
1490LMT 1450LMT 295w

GPS Mounts

I had just been looking at these recently, but Pro Clip USA looks great, also!

http://www.ram-mount.com

http://www.lidomounts.com/gpsmounts.html

http://www.panavise.com

Can't go wrong

I've been using Pro Clip since the beginning of this year. It really is a superior product, better not to be penny wise and pound foolish. I've looked at other options and wished I had seen Pro Clips first so I wouldn't have wasted money.

GPS Mounts

I still like the bean bag mount. I have two. One for the wife and one for me. Can move it to whatever car and we take it with us when we travel for use in the rental car. I have had the first one for over three years and no problems at all.

agree

DrewDT wrote:

I've looked at other options and wished I had seen Pro Clips first so I wouldn't have wasted money.

This is their solution for my Altima 2006 $29.99 http://bit.ly/IzK6B4

Here is my solution $0.00 http://bit.ly/oD8USu http://bit.ly/ngjhr2

Some times the obvious is staring you in the face.

--
Garmin 38 - Magellan Gold - Garmin Yellow eTrex - Nuvi 260 - Nuvi 2460LMT - Google Nexus 7

Thanks!

Thanks!

Watch where you put it

Today most cars have the air bag on the right side planted above the glove compartment, usually in the dash. I usually place my GPS on the dash back far enough so that if I had a collision it would be lifted and smashed against the front window and not my wife's head for she pushes the buttons while I drive.
I looked at the ad and although it is shown placed on the left side of the console for my car, it can also be placed on the right side. This would mean that the air bag would push the GPS into the passengers body and not the front window.
Just trying to keep several people from loosing their teeth.

Bean Bag was Great

b_chapman wrote:

I still like the bean bag mount. I have two. One for the wife and one for me. Can move it to whatever car and we take it with us when we travel for use in the rental car. I have had the first one for over three years and no problems at all.

I don't disagree with this, the bean bag mount for my Nuvi 760 was great. It kept the GPS in position (mostly) and it was easy to hide the GPS with no identifying markings when I left the car.
I went with ProClips after I switched to using my smartphone for GPS duties and I like how rock solid this mount is.

Me too

b_chapman wrote:

I still like the bean bag mount. I have two. One for the wife and one for me. Can move it to whatever car and we take it with us when we travel for use in the rental car. I have had the first one for over three years and no problems at all.

That's what I still use. Stays firmly in place yet easy to move to hide when parking and from vehicle to vehicle.

I still use a bean bag mount...

..and it works well for me.

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ----George Washington

Vent Mount Fan

I'm still a big fan of the air vent mount. I have the I.trek, with spring clips. Secure, off the dash, and easier to reach than on the dash. Probably $5 - $10, easy to remove from Honda air vents.

--
- Missouri, Garmin 750 &, 255W

sponsored links