new & interesting places for your GPS

Using POIs

 

Thanks

Thanks for posting this. I doubt I would have come across the info on Android Forums, and I'm a guide there.

--
Lost on LI

Many thanks GadgetGuy2008!

Works like a charm! smile

Not working for me

i get to where i upload the kml file and a new page comes up and says something about a malformed URL

Google
Error

Bad Request
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request

but on the map page it says file is stil uploading and just never finishes.

i wonder what i am doing wrong ?

IE8 Issue

Tried it with firefox and all works fine , so it must be a issue with my Internet Explorer

poi's on several pages

Now after getting the poi uploaded to a google map , my poi's are on several pages of a map, only so many are displayed and you have to click to another page on the map to see more , to the point that there is 50 or more pages to the map.

Is there a way to have them all displayed at once ?

Great Tip !

Thanks for sharing. =)

Thanks

Great way to transfer POIs. Also works on my HTC Touch with Windows Mobile 6.5

--
Nüvi 2595LMT, nüvi 760, TomTom START 45M, Galaxy Nexus

Tab

Thanks, now I feel more comfortable about buying the Galaxy Tab.....

Thanks for the info

This should be valuable.

--
Vince Nuvi 350

Nice Guide

Pretty much the same procedure works for importing POIs into the iPhone app for GoogleEarth. I use that all the time and it works very nicely.

Soon To Be Getting The EVO 4G

Is there a way of adding the POI's on to the EVO 4G that I am getting through Boost Mobile. My buddy has one and it is unbelievable what that phone can do. It BLOWS away the IPhone. Does anyone have any ideas?

GPS Mod Tool Box

Thanks for the great work -- I can't wait to do some customizing on my Jack's TTS File smile

.

fletchz wrote:

Is there a way of adding the POI's on to the EVO 4G that I am getting through Boost Mobile. My buddy has one and it is unbelievable what that phone can do. It BLOWS away the IPhone. Does anyone have any ideas?

The method of using POI's isn't dictated by the phone, it's dictated by the app. So if you're gonna use Google Maps on your EVO 4G, you would follow the steps outlined above.

This thread outlines some of the gps apps available for android http://www.poi-factory.com/node/31767

Looks like too much work...

This will only work on android phones ?

WinMo Too

@puchasr, the Google Maps method also works with Windows Mobile 6.5 (see my earlier 12Feb post). There is no official Windows Phone 7 version from Google (only homebrew ones).

--
Nüvi 2595LMT, nüvi 760, TomTom START 45M, Galaxy Nexus

Apple Mac computers

k0129rwv wrote:

Thanks, now I feel more comfortable about buying the Galaxy Tab.....

I went to the Editor as recommended but there is no version for Mac's, UCK...

Me either

ToolManpcw wrote:

i get to where i upload the kml file and a new page comes up and says something about a malformed URL

Google
Error

Bad Request
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request

but on the map page it says file is stil uploading and just never finishes.

i wonder what i am doing wrong ?

It didn't work for me either with the errors listed in the quote. Using Win 7 with IE8.

Is it working for anyone using Win 7 & IE8 ?

--
Zumo 665, (2) Nuvi 765Ts & 1450LMT | 2005 Harley Road King, Black Cherry Pearl / Black Pearl

thx for posting this, gonna

thx for posting this, gonna give it a try. would love to see it in action on the mobile phone.

I did notice,,,

,,, the POI's don't all show on the desktop Google map, but when I checked out my Commando, they were all there.

A bit disconcerning at 1st, but all appears good.

FWIW,
I decided not to combine POI's, but edited and then added them seperately.

Jay

.

bear007 wrote:
ToolManpcw wrote:

i get to where i upload the kml file and a new page comes up and says something about a malformed URL

Google
Error

Bad Request
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request

but on the map page it says file is stil uploading and just never finishes.

i wonder what i am doing wrong ?

It didn't work for me either with the errors listed in the quote. Using Win 7 with IE8.

Is it working for anyone using Win 7 & IE8 ?

I get the same error with Win 7 and IE8. Uploads successfully with Chrome or Firefox. Also fails on Vista with IE8, so it seems to be IE8 related. The upload works on Vista with IE7.

The Google Maps team is aware of the problem.
See http://goo.gl/97cUQ

So in the meantime, you could use a different browser as a workaround to this problem...

--
Nüvi 2595LMT, nüvi 760, TomTom START 45M, Galaxy Nexus

sponsored links



Navigation



User login

Leave this blank! This field helps block spambots.

poi factory



Who's online

There are currently 11 users and 73 guests online.

Online users

  • erc1121
  • roadranger13
  • alandb
  • jon.brazelton
  • shvlrydr
  • Strephon_Alkhalikoi
  • gcurran
  • ccemergency1
  • Gary A
  • klaas