new & interesting places for your GPS

End of nuvi 8x5.

 

Garmin has discontinued the nuvi 855 marking the end of the 8xx series in the nuvi lineup: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=33922#nuvi855.

--
Alan - Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

Wow!

That was quick!

--
nüvi 3790T | nüvi 775T | Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable ~ JFK

model life span

Considering that the 8x5 was introduced in Jan. 2009, its lifespan does seem somewhat shorter than other nuvi models.

--
Alan - Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

No wonder everyone sells Nuvi 855 for $129.99.

alandb wrote:

Considering that the 8x5 was introduced in Jan. 2009, its lifespan does seem somewhat shorter than other nuvi models.

7x5 also

The 7x5 series seems to have gone away too. None of the major retailers are listing them any more.

--
Jeff - Garmin 765T(2), 2300LM, GPSMap 76CSx The difference between genius and stupidity--Genius does not hurt.

Making there way for new models.

XMas is just around the corner. We wait and see what new stuff comes.

--
Garmin III+, Magellan 3100 Maestro, Garmin Nuvi 255WT

here they are

fgrygus wrote:

XMas is just around the corner. We wait and see what new stuff comes.

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/30422

Still Active

Panache wrote:

The 7x5 series seems to have gone away too. None of the major retailers are listing them any more.

It is still listed as active on the Garmin website at https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=14926

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

update

Aardvark wrote:

It is still listed as active on the Garmin website at https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=14926

But I cannot find it at most dealers new. Refurbs are available. Those that do list it have ridiculous prices, like $70 over suggested retail.
GPSCity says it is discontinued. http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-nuvi-765t.html

--
Jeff - Garmin 765T(2), 2300LM, GPSMap 76CSx The difference between genius and stupidity--Genius does not hurt.

Amazon

still has the nvi 855 new for ~$130 with free shipping; an excellent bargain even if the 855 is discontinued.

--
Alan - Nuvi 3597LMTHD, Oregon 550T, Nuvi 855, Nuvi 755T, Lowrance Endura Sierra

sponsored links



Navigation



User login

Leave this blank! This field helps block spambots.

poi factory



Who's online

There are currently 15 users and 55 guests online.

Online users

  • Gary0825
  • Panamericanatour
  • tsmccull
  • CubFan45
  • CraigW
  • brentrn
  • Santara
  • stephanie.randa...
  • poi factory
  • GlobeTurtle