Garmin 765 Price (Sorry typo for original post said 265)

 

We've been using a Garmin 260 for several years with no problems. The only additional function that would be very useful is the ability to set a route in Google map and upload it to the unit. Found a new 765 for $200 and it supports routes. Is $200 a fair price considering it's a little older technology?

Hows 149.00?

Try this link to Amazon, they have it for $149.00. http://tinyurl.com/23as4zp and yes its worth the upgrade. smile

--
nüvi 3590LMT "always backup your files"

I'm not sure

FreddyP wrote:

We've been using a Garmin 260 for several years with no problems. The only additional function that would be very useful is the ability to set a route in Google map and upload it to the unit. Found a new 265 for $200 and it supports routes. Is $200 a fair price considering it's a little older technology?

I'm not sure 265 supports routes. You rather check your info one more time.

Thanks!

bandaid wrote:

Try this link to Amazon, they have it for $149.00. http://tinyurl.com/23as4zp and yes its worth the upgrade. smile

Thanks Bandai you saved me $50 plus free shipping to my door!

Am I correct in my assumption that I can highlight a route in Google map and then upload it directly to the 765? I'm familiar with uploading POIs but not routes. Thanks again....

Specs says 10 routes....but

hercegovac wrote:
FreddyP wrote:

We've been using a Garmin 260 for several years with no problems. The only additional function that would be very useful is the ability to set a route in Google map and upload it to the unit. Found a new 265 for $200 and it supports routes. Is $200 a fair price considering it's a little older technology?

I'm not sure 265 supports routes. You rather check your info one more time.

The Garmin site says --

"The 765T adds hands-free calling to the nüvi 755T. Like the rest of the nüvi 705-series, this advanced navigator comes with premium features including 3-D building view, photo navigation, faster screen redraws, route planning, emergency and car locators and much more."

With the specs showing up to 10 routes and the claim to support "route planning" it looks like it will do the job....assuming route planning is indeed the ability to upload a custom route (from Google map) and then select the route under "where to". Can anyone confirm this before I buy? Thanks!

lots of waypoints

I use Mapsource, then load the map to my 765t. Have to use plenty of waypoints to pin the route down, or it will recalculate its own route if you dont. With a 1800 mile drive, I would use as many as 18 waypoints. I wish Garmin would come out with a GPS that would allow routes "My Way", maybe someday they will.

--
Unless you are the lead sled dog, the view never changes. I is retard... every day is Saturday! I still own the StreetPilot c340, and the Garmin Nuvi 765t, but upgraded to the NO "recalculating", 3590 LMT.

Need Simple Routing....

groundhog wrote:

I use Mapsource, then load the map to my 765t. Have to use plenty of waypoints to pin the route down, or it will recalculate its own route if you dont. With a 1800 mile drive, I would use as many as 18 waypoints. I wish Garmin would come out with a GPS that would allow routes "My Way", maybe someday they will.

Thanks Groundhog - you hit the nail on the head for the way I'd like routing to work. Use Google map, highlight exact route I want to take, and then upload complete route to GPS. I have created custom POI files using Google map and Excel with lots of waypoints for a specific route and then uploaded that to the old 260. (Sounds similar to what you do in Mapsource). Works ok, it's labor intensive, have to manually select each waypoint when driving along the route and even then the GPS will still (sometimes) select a different route if I don't have enough waypoints set sad Yes...."My Way"....maybe someday.

Same Price...

cool

You may be able to get the 765t at the $149.00 Price?

I got mine at that price from Tigerdirect.com and yes it is very good unit full of features...

My favorite is junction view!

--
"Destination Eternity" Garmin 765T, & Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

First Junction View

glwilbert wrote:

cool

My favorite is junction view!

Just saw my first Junction View on Sunday. A lane change at Ontario Highway 401 and the 407 ETR. I have never seen a junction view before and even screen captured it for posterity.

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

855

If you like spoken commands, the 855 is available for under $140.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-4-3-Inch-Widescreen-Navigator-R...

--
nuvi 1690 with ecoRoute HD, SP2610 (retired), Edge 305, Forerunner 405

Several More

Aardvark wrote:
glwilbert wrote:

cool

My favorite is junction view!

Just saw my first Junction View on Sunday. A lane change at Ontario Highway 401 and the 407 ETR. I have never seen a junction view before and even screen captured it for posterity.

I saw several more Junction View's on my trip home. In Hamilton, ON at the QEW/HWY 403 split. In Suffern, NY at the I-87 east/I-287 south junction. And in Tarrytown, NY at the I-87/I-287 (exit 8) split.

I am curious if there is a list or a way to list all of the junctions stored in the JCV file.

--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.