Moab Utah - Sevenmile Rim Trail
Raw file: c09_sevenmile_rim.gpx (5.39 KB)
Few OHV experiences can rival the fun of riding an ATV in Utah’s Moab backcountry. An endless variety of undulating and challenging terrain combined with spectacular scenery provide an unforgettable experience.
It’s easy to find your way around the small town of Moab. Main St (Hwy 191) runs north and south all the way through town. Center St and Main St, where Moab Information Center is located, marks the center of town. If you need lodging or camping, it is a good idea to call well in advance.
There are several places in Moab to rent ATV’s. Check www.discovermoab.com/autorental.htm for latest information or just drive down Main St. You should check Utah’s OHV Laws (http://stateparks.utah.gov/stateparks/ohv) or call 800-648-7433.
Using your GPS for each trail
I have included Way Points for the trail. Also, in the description below, I have included complete instructions on the trail. I would print or copy the instructions off if you plan on using these Way Points.
Sevenmile Rim Trail
Highlights: High views along the rim. Looking east you can see the La Sal Mountains and the “Windows” area of Arches National Park. Many fun side roads to explore, but stay on existing roads. Uranium Arch can be viewed from above or below. Challenging rock ledges are scattered along the route, but much of the trail is easy to moderate.
Getting There: From Moab, take Hwy 191 north about 9 miles. Continue past Highway 313 about 0.6 miles to wide gravel road on left.
- Staging (mile 0) – Head northwest on Cotter Mine Road from Highway 191.
- (miles 0.4) – Cross railroad tracks and swing right.
- (miles 1.2) – Bear left and climb hill.
- WP1 (miles 2.0/0.0) – Bear left off Cotter Mine Road at sign for 7-Mile Rim. Follow road west uphill. Switchbacks get rockier near the top.
- WP2 (miles 1.1) – Bear left at 3-way intersection with bush in middle. You’ll return here later.
- (miles 1.9) – Bear left downhill at big ledge. Look for easiest spot.
- (miles 2.8) – Start of scenic rims. Continue south.
- WP3 (miles 3.5/0.0) – Turn right for side trip to Uranium Arch. (White paint on rock says “ARCH.”) Return to this point and continue along rim.