new & interesting places for your GPS

Nuvi 780 will not boot or talk to PC.

 

I did a search on RESET but found no relevant post. My 780 will not get past the "Loading Maps" screen or connect to my PC. Is there any easy fix??

--
Nuvi 780

Not booting

I have heard that some units will not come up if the battery is dead. Try connecting it to the computer for about an hour and see it that's the problem.

--
ɐ‾nsǝɹ Just one click away from the end of the Internet

Reset?

silversage wrote:

I did a search on RESET but found no relevant post. My 780 will not get past the "Loading Maps" screen or connect to my PC. Is there any easy fix??

When you say you searched for RESET, do you mean you were looking for the location of the reset button or something else?

Battery had never been low

My battery has never been low or discharged. I turned the unit off and ate lunch, when I went back to the car and fired the unit up it never got out of the "loading maps" screen. I turned it off then back on to no avail. I plugged it into my PC to try and upload any missing software but it never talked to the PC.

--
Nuvi 780

.

silversage wrote:

My battery has never been low or discharged. I turned the unit off and ate lunch, when I went back to the car and fired the unit up it never got out of the "loading maps" screen. I turned it off then back on to no avail. I plugged it into my PC to try and upload any missing software but it never talked to the PC.

You should still plug it in to your computer and leave it for an hour or so. You would feel really stupid to return it to Garmin only to find out it was a dead battery.

--
Frank Nuvi 2597LMT

There is no reset button

There is no reset button but there must be a procedure or sequence to reset a locked-up unit. It had worked just fine for over a month, and suddenly failed with out warning. I am hoping there is a way of unlock the unit myself. If not, I will send it to Garmin.

--
Nuvi 780

Resetting the nüvi

Here's an instruction from my 750 owner's manual.

"If the nüvi screen stops functioning, turn the nüvi off and on again. If this does not help, slide the Power key to the left and hold for 8 seconds. Turn the nüvi back on. The nüvi should operate normally."

I had a similar problem with a 350, and after resetting failed, I had to send it back.

--
nüvi 750 & 760

780 still will not boot, hard reset no go

I discovered that there is a soft reset and a hard reset (erasing user data).
Soft reset is accomplished by sliding the power button to the left for 8 seconds as suggested by spider_elliott. A soft reset does not affect user data. This action had no effect on my unit.
A hard reset is accomplished by pressing the right bottom of the screen and holding g while turning the unit on. After about 4 seconds the Garmin logo comes on, continue pressing the right bottom corner until the “Do you really want to erase all user data? No Yes” appears. Pressing Yes will return the unit to its out-of-box state. My unit responded to this by no longer displaying the splash screen I installed but my unit still will not boot. I went back to Best Buy only to discover that none of the local stores have the 780 in-stock, that unit has been discontinued.
As per a-user and phrancs’ suggestions I did charge the battery both with the USB cable and the 12 volt power cord. Since I have never run the unit for more than 30 minutes at a time on internal batteries I know that the internal battery has had no reason to be low. Also I have never gotten a low battery warning message. The lowest my battery meter has shown is 2 bars down from full charge or half depleted. I have a small 12 volt battery that I use in my Kayak for the fish finder/GPS that I also use when I play with my unit while not driving.

--
Nuvi 780

call Garmin

If you've exhausted all possibilities, I would contact Garmin tech support and have them help you out. Contact them via telephone as that is the most time-effective way. Going the email route will require multiple email exchanges which are time consuming. You may have to wait on hold for ~30 minutes but you will get things squared away immediately (they'll either RMA the unit or may be able to help via remote access PC).

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/home/support/supportcontact

--
nuvi 760, nuvi 765T, nuvi 855, nuvi 3790LMT, nuvi 3490LMT - SoCal area

.

silversage wrote:

I discovered that there is a soft reset and a hard reset (erasing user data).
Soft reset is accomplished by sliding the power button to the left for 8 seconds as suggested by spider_elliott.

The reason for charging the unit, when you call Garmin, the first things they will ask, the soft reset, the hard reset, and have you charged it? Now you can shorten the tech call by having already tried those things.

Units do break. I had a problem with my 760 that wouldn't show traffic, at all. Garmin was kind enough to offer me a new in the box replacement. Since your unit is so new and the store is out of stock, ask for a new unit instead of a refurb, if offered a refurb.

--
Frank Nuvi 2597LMT

Return my 780 seems to be the only option

I agree DorkusNimrod (very cool handle)I am going to send my 780 back to Garmin. I hope my returned unit will be reliable as I plan on doing some extensive road trips this year. There are 45 states that I haven't kayaked or fished yet. Also I use 780 in town to remind me about those school zones.

--
Nuvi 780

I got my Nuvi 780 exchanged

Best Buy agreed to exchange my Nuvi 780 that died. I have always received top notch customer service from Best Buy, kudos for them. There were no 780s in stock in any Denver metro stores but the Pueblo store had one and held it to do the exchange. With any luck I will take a road trip in the first week of February and now I don't have to wait to get my unit back from Garmin. From my limited testing I have discovered that I like the MSN Direct service. Fuel prices, local events, and movie schedules will prove useful on the road. Thanks for your help all.

--
Nuvi 780

Make sure

silversage wrote:

Best Buy agreed to exchange my Nuvi 780 that died. I have always received top notch customer service from Best Buy, kudos for them. There were no 780s in stock in any Denver metro stores but the Pueblo store had one and held it to do the exchange. With any luck I will take a road trip in the first week of February and now I don't have to wait to get my unit back from Garmin. From my limited testing I have discovered that I like the MSN Direct service. Fuel prices, local events, and movie schedules will prove useful on the road. Thanks for your help all.

Make sure to keep your msn cable if you have already paid for a subscription. Otherwise you may end up having to buy another one (subscription).

Daniel

--
Garmin StreetPilot c580 & Nuvi 760 - Member 32160 - Traveling in Kansas

Usually MSN will give you a

Usually MSN will give you a credit that has not been used and require to purchase a new contract. MSN will not transfer the service from one Garmin to another without going through the above process.

--
NickJr Nuvi 3597LMT

Same old cable

Thanks Daniel,

You are correct, the MSN Direct service account is tied to the cable and I did keep my cable. Actually I let Best Buy keep the box and all its contents & packing, I just swapped the actual unit. I asked them to be sure and not sell the unit as an "Open Box" as it was definitely defective.

--
Nuvi 780

sponsored links