WOW..

 

I have to say,, I have not really looked at some of my older messages from when I 1st started on this site ( around 3/5/07) and read some of my old messages.. I sure learned alot and also helped out many users here.. i see users names at use to be new users like me but now have all the great awards..

Only thing that is missing is the spell check thst I keep asking MISS POI for (wink and hehe) only info I get is to run firefox.. which I wont do....

Anyways.. If you been around for awhile, take some time and go over some of your old messages, you will find how great this site really is. maybe you will do like I did, and start up some of your messages that just died out but was great info for you and others.

Take the challange and look over your old messages!!

--
Bobkz - Garmin Nuvi 3597LMTHD/2455LMT/C530/C580- "Pain Is Fear Leaving The Body - Semper Fidelis"

Why no Firefox?

You could use Safari - It has a spell check too.

And I see posts I started a long time ago pop up once in a while... interesting to see the evolution.

--
*Keith* MacBook Pro *wifi iPad(2012) w/BadElf GPS & iPhone6 + Navigon*

Spell Check

I use ieSpell and it works great.

--
Tom

Firefox ...

bobkz wrote:

I have to say,, I have not really looked at some of my older messages from when I 1st started on this site ( around 3/5/07) and read some of my old messages.. I sure learned alot and also helped out many users here.. i see users names at use to be new users like me but now have all the great awards..

Only thing that is missing is the spell check thst I keep asking MISS POI for (wink and hehe) only info I get is to run firefox.. which I wont do....

Firefox rocks! Much faster and slicker than IE ... and it's free.

Anyway, more to the point I've been a member for a few months now and I have read some of my previous posts. OMG! Did I really say some of those things???????

I've learned so much from this site. I hope that all GPS users find this site and become members too and help spread the love around.

--
"Life is a journey - enjoy the ride!" Garmin nuvi 255

Why would anyone not use

Why would anyone not use firefox over IE? The only reason I could see if you worked at Microsoft or had an admin controlled desktop. Even then I would use Firefox at home.

--
Nuvi 1350LMT, Nuvi 350, Nuvi 260, Garmin GPS III, Basecamp, Garmin Topo

.

I only use IE for sites that won't work in Firefox.

I never (almost never) use it (IE) at home. And I only use it at work for our GIS map interface that won't work in Firefox.

I use

Opera quite a bit. It's a great browser. I also use Firefox, but hardly ever use IE. It's always seems to be unresponsive.

--
Not doing anything worth a darn.

True

It is truly amazing how much help has been offered in reading posts on this site. For spell check, you can always copy and paste out of MS Word. An extra step, but if you are worried about your spelling, it is always an option (as is using an alternate browser). idea

How do I...

retrieve old messages that were posted a long time ago when I can't remember them?

--
-Garmin Nuvi 760 & 765T-

Select My Recent Posts

jjc715 wrote:

retrieve old messages that were posted a long time ago when I can't remember them?

When you log in and select "Recent Posts," once you get to that page select the tab at the top of the page "My Recent Posts," and you will see every topic where you've posted a comment.

--
Garmin 765T...Is it about the destination, or is it about the journey?

I know what you mean....Too

I know what you mean....Too bad I didn't know this site before I bought my GPS....It's ok though, my next GPS will be better...

your submittles

Go to" my account" and select "track" and all your information will be listed with additional onfo such as dates etc.

gusb

--
augie billitier I2,c330,660

I can't stand IE

Motorcycle Mama wrote:

I only use IE for sites that won't work in Firefox.

I never (almost never) use it (IE) at home. And I only use it at work for our GIS map interface that won't work in Firefox.

I only use IE for the one website that I need for work and I use Firefox for everything else. I only started using FF six months ago after years of cursing IE and it the best thing I have ever done since I started using the Internet when there was no web, only Gofer, Archie and just plane old dos prompt commands. smile

--
"Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam" “When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.”

We were all new once

It is sobering to remember that we were all new once.I looked through all my old messages also and realized how much I have learned from the great people on this site.

PS- I prefer Firefox to IE. I figure that anything that is open coded means better updates and quick responses to security issues.

--
Ray- **Garmin Nuvi760**

IE only very rarely...

Double Tap wrote:
Motorcycle Mama wrote:

... since I started using the Internet when there was no web, only Gofer, Archie and just plane old dos prompt commands. smile

FF & Safari first & second...

Do you miss Lynx as much as I do??

--
Nuvi 2595LMT, Nuvi 1490T, Nuvi 260, GPSMAP 195