Chit Chat Thread for the week of August 25, 2008

 

This is the place to talk about things that are not gps related, you can discuss whatever you would like, as long as it is clean. Remember we have families that have their children involved in the GPS fun and we don't want to make parents feel uncomfortable when their children ask what that word means.

Have fun...

This thread will be closed on Monday and a new one will be opened.

Page 1>>

cant believe it

NO ONE has posted yet... you guys are slipping.

--
Jerry...Jacksonville,Fl Nüvi1450,Nuvi650,Nuvi 2495 and Mapsource.

Wow

Slipping is right. I thought I was going to be first... guess I'll settle for 2nd. Getting ready to head out on the bike for Milwaukee tomorrow. Going there for the Harley 105th anniversary party! Then, when I get back... have to pack... Navy is moving me to Parris Island, SC in September.

Have a great week!

--
"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

first day of school

Watch out for the children. Schools are starting again, please observe the school zones, and school buses loading and unloading.

First day back to school

School started today!!! I am so excited. I wasn't even sad to see my little girl going to Kindergarten. It nice to have someone else helping to cram knowledge into that brain of hers.

Our other daughter started 2nd grade today, she is excited to see all of her friends again.

Congrats to the other Mommies and Daddies out there that have kids back in school.

Miss POI

More traffic

poi4433 wrote:

Watch out for the children. Schools are starting again, please observe the school zones, and school buses loading and unloading.

Well I guess this means traffic will increase by about 100 times to make my commute even longer. Summer went too fast.

A new Tropical storm

We just got rid of Fay an now we have a new one:
http://www.weather.com/newscenter/hurricanecentral/update/in...

--
Paul..... Nuvi 765T

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

--
Jerry...Jacksonville,Fl Nüvi1450,Nuvi650,Nuvi 2495 and Mapsource.

Just Got Back from Athol, ID

Spent some time with my son's in-laws and my 2 year old grandson (My son had to work but his wife was their also). What beautiful country, I'm tempted to get out of this cesspool I live in... It seemed like everyone in Idaho was from California...

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Anthropology and Sparky

Sparky spent the last 2 weeks at an anthropology dig at on old Safeway meat market he seems to be very interested in his roots.

--
"Those that stop and smell the roses, must realize that once in awhile you may get a whiff of fertilizer."..copyright:HDHannah1986 -Mercedes GPS - UCONNECT 430N Chrysler T&C - Nuvi 2598- Nuni2555 - Nuvi855 - Nuvi295W - Nuvi 750 - Ique 3600

My saying of the week

Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

--
MrKenFL- "Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." NUVI 260, Nuvi 1490LMT & Nuvi 2595LMT all with 2014.4 maps !

My saying of the week

I have one for the day. If you didn't read your name in the paper this morning then your good for another day. Make one person smile and you have done someething good for the day. Eveyone have a safe week and watch out for the school kids. smile

--
johnm405 660 & MSS&T

Yaaayyy for sparky

H Hannah wrote:

Sparky spent the last 2 weeks at an anthropology dig at on old Safeway meat market he seems to be very interested in his roots.

Thanks for the giggle sweetie;) I love sparky, I am glad he found his roots.

Miss POI

Just to be on the safe side

Thought I would post one of the most unusual epitaphs I've ever seen. In a cemetery in Rochester, NY...

"This too will pass. Oops, I guess it didn't."

I think I would have really liked that person when he was alive.

--
Garmin 765T...Is it about the destination, or is it about the journey?

School

I'll be going back to college at the end of this week. Go College!

Seasons change

With the start of school comes the sad reality that our New England summer is coming to an end. The pool will be covered soon, the water not to be seen again until late Spring.

Luckily, Fall is a great season that we get to enjoy with apples and pumpkins and beautiful foliage. Always something positive to look forward to!

I bought myself some new pencils, just for the smell ...it brings back memories. LOL

Good luck to Moms, Dads & Students.

--
Originator of Keeping Your Windmill Alive. Live in MA & have a cooking website. 6 yr. member. http://kitchentoysmakecookingfun.blogspot.com/

.

My oldest started College today. We moved him last Thursday. One left at home.....can't wait LOL
In 2 more years I can do the "dance of joy". smile

--
******************Garmin Nüvi 1300T****************Member 6523*******************

Football season

Around here high school football started last weekend and the colleges start this weekend. Although I enjoy going to both there is a major problem with them here in NE Ohio. By the end of the season there is that blinking blanking white stuff around. I hate winter. evil

Hockey an B'Ball

hkamens wrote:

Around here high school football started last weekend and the colleges start this weekend. Although I enjoy going to both there is a major problem with them here in NE Ohio. By the end of the season there is that blinking blanking white stuff around. I hate winter. evil

Well, if you're in NE Ohio, as I am, then you you let the Lake Erie Monsters (hockey) and King James and the Cavaliers (basketball) console you during the winter. Or you go skiing (in NE Ohio, a facsimile thereof!).

Or better yet, you plan all the trips you're going to take in the warmer months to come!

--
Garmin 765T...Is it about the destination, or is it about the journey?

.

CherylMASS wrote:

With the start of school comes the sad reality that our New England summer is coming to an end. The pool will be covered soon, the water not to be seen again until late Spring.

Luckily, Fall is a great season that we get to enjoy with apples and pumpkins and beautiful foliage. Always something positive to look forward to!

I bought myself some new pencils, just for the smell ...it brings back memories. LOL

Good luck to Moms, Dads & Students.

I spent the first 18 years of my life near Boston. Your second paragraph brings back memories of apple cider and Halloween and beautiful leaves. In those days, we burned the leaves in the street to get rid of the fallen ones. That's probably illegal now. Fall also brought the promise of the first beautiful snow. But the snow and cold got old and bothersome by the end of January, which is why I live in Texas now. The downside is that I hate 90-100 degree summers in Texas. There always has to be a downside sad

--
nuvi 200 | lifetime maps

Why I didn't make the Olympics

--
Originator of Keeping Your Windmill Alive. Live in MA & have a cooking website. 6 yr. member. http://kitchentoysmakecookingfun.blogspot.com/

yeah!!!!!!! i am a general maintainer now....

i am thrilled to be a gm now. good luck to all.

--
Thanasi---Magellan RoadMate 1700LM , & Magellan RoadMate 5045LM "Speed is just a question of money. How fast do you want to go!!!!" Movie: Mad Max - 1979

!

Have a great week everyone, be gentle to yourselves and others!

--
"Delete nothing, back up everything"

Same as?

thanasi2471 wrote:

i am thrilled to be a gm now. good luck to all.

Congratulations! Is that what we use to call an Airplane - General (APG)?

In any case, congratulations, and thank you for your service!

Joel

--
"Sometimes, when I look at my children, I wish I had remained a virgin". Lillian Carter (Mother of Jimmy Carter)

Labor Day

Let me be the first to wish everyone and Save and Great Labor Day weekend. What ever you do Be Safe and Be Cautious. smile

joemac wink

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---WOW!! WHAT A RIDE!!!" Member 2854

Pencils

CherylMASS wrote:

I bought myself some new pencils, just for the smell ...it brings back memories. LOL

When one of my kids asked for a pencil, I handed him a wooden one. He checked the eraser end and asked, "How do you get the lead out?" shock

He was amazed that I could sharpen one with a Swiss Army knife. mrgreen

--
nüvi 750 & 760

Numbed out...

Noticed a few minutes ago the high number of users and guests online tonight.

I am thinking the Dem NatConv is numbing everyone and they are flocking to the computer in droves.

Not talking politics here. Just making a comment about what could be responsible for this.

--
"Making tracks..." {:)-<=| Nuvi 880

DNC Pictures

Here are some pictures I took while downtown on Sunday 8/24. Some stupid kids running around needing attention.

I realize the police have to treat everything as a threat, but I bet if they let these "kids" run around for a few minutes undisturbed, they would just go away. But hind sight is 20/20.

http://www.9news.com/life/community/persona.aspx?U=e5bff3ce2...

poofactory.com

I accidentally entered the above url trying to get here tonight. Strange place.

Just got back from a 10 hour roadtrip.

GPS did great in Virginia.

School supply lists

I really have to finish that list before next week.

--
TomTom One XLS * Contact me about 1200 free print credits *

Locate

Ok Did anyone Locate our Missing Asianfire Yet

--
Auggie SP2720 , SP C330, Nuvi 650, Nuvi 785T America Moves By Truck

RAIN !

RAIN!!! We finally got rain. We're down 5" so far this year and were down 14" for last year. Hey Florida, we would've taken some of Fay for ya.

--
Garmin nuvi 855, nuvi 1450, and DriveDeluxe 50

He's Back, He's Not In Jail, He's just busy...

auggie wrote:

Ok Did anyone Locate our Missing Asianfire Yet

arrow http://www.poi-factory.com/node/16619#new

--
It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. -Sophocles snɥɔnıɥdoɐ aka ʎɹɐƃ

Yup

auggie wrote:

Ok Did anyone Locate our Missing Asianfire Yet

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/16619

--
"Sometimes, when I look at my children, I wish I had remained a virgin". Lillian Carter (Mother of Jimmy Carter)

70th Family Reunion

Looking forward to this weekend. I head off with my son for Eastern Kentucky for my families 70th annunal family reunion.

Lots of good food and family.

Looking forward to getting to use my Garmin on the trip to find all the rest areas I need as well as gas stations and Restaurants thanks to all the POI files I downloaded from POI Factory.

School...

My little girl starts Kindergarten just after Labor Day. She is very excited. She seeks knowledge like a dry sponge seeks water! Her very-soon-to-be three year old brother continues with day care.

Before you know it...late nights doing homework on subjects that you thought you remembered!

Rob.

miss poi wrote:

School started today!!! I am so excited. I wasn't even sad to see my little girl going to Kindergarten. It nice to have someone else helping to cram knowledge into that brain of hers.

Our other daughter started 2nd grade today, she is excited to see all of her friends again.

Congrats to the other Mommies and Daddies out there that have kids back in school.

Miss POI

--
Maps -> Wife -> Garmin 12XL -> StreetPilot 2610 -> Nuvi 660 (blown speaker) -> Nuvi 3790LMT

Epitaphs

jkaplan wrote:

Thought I would post one of the most unusual epitaphs I've ever seen. In a cemetery in Rochester, NY...

"This too will pass. Oops, I guess it didn't."

I think I would have really liked that person when he was alive.

One of my favorites in on a tombstone in Key West:

"I told you I was sick"

.

--
I plan to live forever. So far, so good.

And he was right!

prismtx wrote:

One of my favorites in on a tombstone in Key West:

"I told you I was sick".

Good one!

--
Garmin 765T...Is it about the destination, or is it about the journey?

Richard M. Nixon

Last night some of the commentators were mentioning that this is not the end of Hillary. Some politicians keep at it until they succeed. I thought of Richard Nixon right away (although no one mentioned him), how he really persevered with rejection, but finally won the presidency.

Maybe Hillary will be like Nixon! grin

--
Ted in Ohio, c340, 1490T with lifetime maps

You Bet!

tkessel wrote:

Maybe Hillary will be like Nixon! grin

You can take that to the bank!!

Joel

--
"Sometimes, when I look at my children, I wish I had remained a virgin". Lillian Carter (Mother of Jimmy Carter)

No way!

tkessel wrote:

Maybe Hillary will be like Nixon! grin

God, I hope not. Wasn't one Watergate enough? rolleyes

--
Garmin 765T...Is it about the destination, or is it about the journey?

I can almost hear it now!

Yes, in my imagination I can hear her saying, "I am not a crook!"

Although I think she already said that, not directly quoting Nixon.

But as in my original post, I think she is at least as resilient as Nixon, and has the political support to try again.

--
Ted in Ohio, c340, 1490T with lifetime maps

I need to get my

I need to get my windmill..
here is post number #1
smile

Women

tkessel wrote:

and has the political support to try again.

Could 18 million women be wrong? Funny that she took the stage on the anniversary of passage of the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote - and apparently (I didn't watch - weak stomach) never even mentioned it!!

Joel

--
"Sometimes, when I look at my children, I wish I had remained a virgin". Lillian Carter (Mother of Jimmy Carter)

18 million voters

PaintballCFO wrote:
tkessel wrote:

and has the political support to try again.

Could 18 million women be wrong? Funny that she took the stage on the anniversary of passage of the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote - and apparently (I didn't watch - weak stomach) never even mentioned it!!

Joel

I don't think all the people that voted for her were women: I imagine Bill voted for her!

Even though I'm not a supporter of hers, I can understand some frustration among her supporters. After all the time since women have had the vote, and over 20 years since Ferraro was nominated VP, no other woman has come this close.

But for those who think a woman president solves all outstanding issues, my advice is to talk to someone from the Philippines: you will get an earfull!

--
Ted in Ohio, c340, 1490T with lifetime maps

Another storm for the Gulf !!

Its going to be a rough ride for those oil platforms again...and our pocket books to.Hope this doesn't turn out like the last time for those gulf states.

--
Mike

Yeh...

mikeymike wrote:

Its going to be a rough ride for those oil platforms again...and our pocket books to.Hope this doesn't turn out like the last time for those gulf states.

I've already put out a FLASH warning to the Superdome to get ready to receive all the stupid people! On the anniversary of Katrina, this one is taking the same path.

Joel

--
"Sometimes, when I look at my children, I wish I had remained a virgin". Lillian Carter (Mother of Jimmy Carter)

In my family 3 of 4 homes were lost in Katrina

PaintballCFO wrote:
mikeymike wrote:

Its going to be a rough ride for those oil platforms again...and our pocket books to.Hope this doesn't turn out like the last time for those gulf states.

I've already put out a FLASH warning to the Superdome to get ready to receive all the stupid people! On the anniversary of Katrina, this one is taking the same path.

Joel

Yep, 1 in NOLa, 1 in Slidell, and 1 in Mobile. It takes the wind out of you for sure. My bro in Slidell just got his place almost rebuilt. My house in Mobile was torn down. The little house NOT on the water that we replaced it with is 2 blocks south of I-10 at an elevation of 20 feet. Pretty good I think. Here we are up north in Mass., while history looks to repeat itself.It is enough to make you sick.

Thank heaven I no longer run a crew boat in the Gulf oil field. I know what is going on out there now, and it ain't pretty.

--
"Making tracks..." {:)-<=| Nuvi 880

Strike 2

Oh Boy!!!...here we go again.....hope FEMA got those trailers ready.

--
Mike

mumaler, I Need To Get My....

Hey mumaler…

Our mortgage payments should be like our windmills.
We go away for a couple of weeks and the payments would disappear. smile

joemac. wink

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---WOW!! WHAT A RIDE!!!" Member 2854
Page 1>>