I've done a couple of searches and read through some post but this POI thing is still confusing to me. When I open the POI Loader, there is no option for manual or express mode. Can any one help.
you won't see the option until you select a file to load. Hope that helps.
To load POIs using Express mode:
1. Turn on your Garmin GPS device and connect it to your PC. If you are using a card reader, connect it to your PC.
2. Open POI Loader and click Next.
3. Make sure the appropriate device appears in the Device field. If not, click Find Device. If you have multiple devices connected to your PC, select the device you want from the drop-down list.
4. Click Next.
5. Select the directory where the data files can be found. POI Loader detects all .csv and .gpx data files within that directory.
6. Select the appropriate units for distance and speed (Feet and MPH or Meters and KPH).
NOTE: POI Loader uses these units to interpret the data within the data files. If you select units that are different from the units used in the data files, your speed alerts will not be accurate.
7. Select Express, then click Next. POI Loader installs the Custom POIs on your device.
NOTE: This replaces any existing Custom POIs installed on your device.
8. Click Finish.
Thanks for your response but I don't get an option to select Express when I load the files. When I hit continue the files just get loaded.
i use the Mac Version 18.104.22.168 Beta which has the option when you get to the page to select the folder. Express is the default -- you can change it to manual.
Just checking....you posted to "Garmin Talk". Are you sure thats what you have and your using POI Loader??
terms | privacy | contactCopyright © 2006-2020